My cache dilemma, should I post cache or not?

Guest leskowitz

Guest leskowitz

I placed a cache about 200 miles from my house in the middle of nowhere which I do not intend to go back. Anyway, I took pictures of the area, which is basically trees which all look the same. I came home and broke my etrex on the kitchen floor losing the coordinates. Using the mapquest, I can get the cacher to the area but not to the exaclt spot. My question to you all is should I post the cache with the pics? Post it and make it a 5/5? Or not post at all?

well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

- Second Amendment

to the U.S. Constitution

Guest Snowtrail

You can also make it a short term cache. Allow only a few items, and state that the third person or so take the cache. Or make it a moving cache. You can also post a request for someone to adopt it in the area.

I love the idea of a difficult cache, and would hate to find out that somebody didn't place it just because they couldn't check it often enough.

Guest RCharlier

How about this one. A couple of months ago I placed a cache in a hollow of a fallen tree that was sitting on top of a dike along the Illinois river. About a week after I placed it, someone went to find it only to find that a bulldozer had come along, first time in years, and cleared the dikes of all the debris that had accumulated from the last flood. The cache is now at the bottom of a 4-5 foot tall pile of logs, dirt, etc. My initial thought was to rename the cache to "Government Aid" and classify it as a level 5 as a thank you for the government creating a true level 5 cache for us. I have since decided that sometime in the next 2-3 years the ammo box will become a floating cache with the next flood and make its way from the Illinois river, to the Mississippi River, and finally to the Gulf of Mexico! Sooner or later someone will find it. Sort of like a letter in a bottle. In the meantime, I have archived the cache so that people do not have to waste their time looking at a cache posting that is impossible to find, without a backhoe that is!