When to delete a log...

Ok, majicman accused me of being too serious, so I am proving him right.

A local cacher has determined that I'm evil and has deleted my found logs in all of his caches.

These finds were all appropriate. Most were micros for which I properly signed or stamped the log. A few were virtuals in which I appropriately emailed the required answers.

I realize that the hider is responsible for 'policing' whether caches were appropriately found and that they certainly have been given the power to delete logs. My question for you is whether a cache hider should have the authority to delete 'found' logs when there is no doubt that the cache was appropriately found and no spoilers were logged. Obviously, based on my personal experience, my answer is no.

Another question that I have is what do you think I should do about it? For the last few weeks I've tried the 'do nothing' approach. This, frankly, has been very unsatisfying. It angers me to go to my 'nearest caches' list and wade through a number of caches that I've already found.

Sounds pretty chickenbleep to me. What did you do to upset him so much?

Honestly I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it. I mean not everyone gets along but I can't imagine deleting anyones log for revenge sake.

It would be frustrating to see those same old caches pop up on your search page every time you log on. I'd hate that.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

What did you do to upset him so much?

Very good question. Unfortunately, I don't have a clear answer to it.

Several months ago, I noticed that he had posted an obvious 'not find' as a 'find' on a cache that I was thinking of going after. This was prior to the change to radio buttons, so I assumed it was a simple error. I had met him a few times and he seemed friendly enough, so I sent him a friendly email.

He responded with an email that basically asked me if I was the 'cache police'. I sent him another email explaining that I was just trying to be helpful with my email, but it didn't help.

Since then, he has been sending me regular angry emails, having his buddies send me insulting emails, trashing me to other local cachers, and deleting my logs. He also sent me an insulting email which suggested that there was a problem with a cache which I had hidden. It was strange because I had just done a maintenance visit the previous day (I'm somewhat manic about cache maintenance). I returned to check on it the following day, and it was gone.

As near as I can figure out, you are either his best friend, or his enemy. Once you are on one list, there is no getting off it.

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

quote:

What did you do to upset him so much?

Very good question. Unfortunately, I don't have a clear answer to it.

Several months ago, I noticed that he had posted an obvious 'not find' as a 'find' on a cache that I was thinking of going after. This was prior to the change to radio buttons, so I assumed it was a simple error. I had met him a few times and he seemed friendly enough, so I sent him a friendly email.

He responded with an email that basically asked me if I was the 'cache police'. I sent him another email explaining that I was just trying to be helpful with my email, but it didn't help.

Since then, he has been sending me regular angry emails, having his buddies send me insulting emails, trashing me to other local cachers, and deleting my logs. He also sent me an insulting email which suggested that there was a problem with a cache which I had hidden. It was strange because I had just done a maintenance visit the previous day (I'm somewhat manic about cache maintenance). I returned to check on it the following day, and it was gone.

As near as I can figure out, you are either his best friend, or his enemy. Once you are on one list, there is no getting off it.

--seriousness--

Sbell111,

You are definately on my list, too! (That is, the list of people I like, admire, and respect here on these boards, and it AIN'T a very long list!)

I have read many of your posts, which are always "level-headed, intelligent, and usually insiteful."

You ofttimes calm the angered, encourage the despondent, and occasionally whip out a real zinger (my personal favorites!)

Unfortunately, if this life cycle, we cannot determine others actions... only our reactions and feelings regarding those reactions.

As others have stated, short of a group of us attempting to apply peer pressure to the non-named perpetrator (like avoiding his caches and ignoring his posts until he makes restitution to your satisfaction) I suppose little can be done to modify another's actions.

Rather, why not modify your feelings toward the situation instead (gramps always said that feelings was easier ta change than socks, and the grandmama hould throw a bottle of Castor Oil at him.)

I have had great sucess with one of my life's principal that I live by, "Treat others as if they were what you WANT them to be, and, in time, they will become that." (Kinda hard to explain, but if you have the time, I will...)

Try this, begin treating this person as if he were the fairest and nicest geocacher and geostasher possible. Think of him that way, write your e-mails to him that way, post about him on the boards that way.

If he does even the slighest good thing (in your honest opinion) be gracious and overflowing with your praise.

If he does anything that you honestly feel bad, wrong, incorrect, unfair, deceitful, negative, etc (in any form), simply ignore that action / post / e-mail. (I could tell you much about how intelligent mammals - like orcas - get trained, but here is not the place...)

After you persist in this "treat him as if he were what you wanted him ot be" for long enough, you will be AMAZED at how the situation changes.

Hey, if you doubt me, just ask my wife! I tricked her into loving me so deeply that other folks are amazed at the things she does for me! (OK, tricked is a bad word: coerced, manipulated, molded, developed, forged, whatever...)

My life for the past 18 years has been near to perfect and peaceful and happy as I could ask, since I adopted the principles Dad told me about.

In closing, let me quote:

""In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me!" (Elwood P. Dowd)

--majicman

--seriousness over--

(Thanks Buddah I kin git back to funny now!)

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

Wow, sounds like the guy has some issues. I honestly hope the guy doesn't take a dislike to me. Sheesh. Well I certainly won't bother to ever try for one of his caches if I get back to your area. Oh, care to let me know who it is? I'd love to see the caches in question.

Too bad we have so many disfunctional people around these days.

quote:
Originally posted by ubiquitous:

How do you know he/she thinks you're evil?? icon_confused.gif

Obviously, 'evil' is too strong of a word. It is not my intention to make this situation even more volatile. How about 'bad', 'offensive', or 'reprobate'.

quote:
Originally posted by ubiquitous:

How do you know he/she thinks you're evil?? icon_confused.gif

Obviously, 'evil' is too strong of a word. It is not my intention to make this situation even more volatile. How about 'bad', 'offensive', or 'reprobate'.

quote:

Well I certainly won't bother to ever try for one of his caches if I get back to your area. Oh, care to let me know who it is? I'd love to see the caches in question.

I don't think that it would add value to name him on this thread. (Although in two minutes of research into my cache logs and the caches in my area, you will know.)

I also would not say that his caches did not add value to the hobby. They are primarily micros which, in my opinion, are perfect for visitors to the area with limited time.

Thank you for the kind words, majicman.

I have attempted to implement your advice. I am always friendly to him at our local meetings and I try not to react too quickly to his emails.

Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen. I am still the archetypal New Yorker and sometimes I reply to an email in anger. (I'm sure you've seen me do the same here in the forums.)

Thinking of which, one of the things he's called me in his emails is a 'forum junkie'. I think its so funny because its true.

quote:

Thank you for the kind words, majicman.

I have attempted to implement your advice. I am always friendly to him at our local meetings and I try not to react too quickly to his emails.

(snip)

Thinking of which, one of the things he's called me in his emails is a 'forum junkie'. I think its so funny because its true.

Excellent, keep the positive attitude towards this other person (and don't allow them to control your happiness or emotions!)

Remember, LIFE: Life is for ENJOYING!

No one, no thing, nothing outside yourself can CONTROL or dictate your emotions. If you CHOOSE to be happy, you can be (regardless of circumstances.)

It is the most precious gift we have: control of our own emotions... too bad we often give it away and allow others, situations, etc. to dictate our emotional state.

OK, back to frolicing...

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

Well since you guys actually know each other you probably know where he lives. I would go place 2 or 3 nice caches within a mile of his home. He will see those things every time he logs on. Eventually he may go log a find there.

Then, send him an e-mail congradulating him on his success. Do not delete his finds either.

You'll feel better.

Im not good with words but Majicman has stated my sentiments to a tee! My wife has gotten me to think this same way. Try not to worry about it, go about your business, and make sure he/she doesnt see that it bothers you. Luckily this kind of thing happens only rarely, but when it does and that other person sees that you arent bothered in the least,,,, Well, that kinda gets his goat if you know what i mean,, makes me feel better anyways! icon_smile.gif

Im not good with words but Majicman has stated my sentiments to a tee! My wife has gotten me to think this same way. Try not to worry about it, go about your business, and make sure he/she doesnt see that it bothers you. Luckily this kind of thing happens only rarely, but when it does and that other person sees that you arent bothered in the least,,,, Well, that kinda gets his goat if you know what i mean,, makes me feel better anyways! icon_smile.gif

quote:

Should I repost my found logs?

Well, you know me, love to give advice (since I think I know everything!)

Here would be my advice: (Before you try some "other" things...)

1.) E-Mail him personally and thank him for removing your cache logs. Explain that since he "owns" these cahces, they are his to allow and disallow whomever he wishes to be able to find them, and that you recognize and respect his authority and decision in this matter.

2.) Then, after a few days, e-mail him again and thank him for re-instating your logs and how noble you thought it was that he allow them to stand knowing his feelings about the situation (you do this REGARDLESS of whether he HAS, or WILL, or DOES allow you to reinstate your logs.)

3.) Place a cache with nice items in his local, and send him a personal e-mail inviting him to be "first-finder" as a token of your appreciation for reinstating your logs (again, REGARDLESS of whether he has done so or not!)

4.) If that cache gets plundered: e-mail him and explain that it was plundered and that you hoped that he had removed it personally, as it was placed primarily for him, and it was probably not a cache others would have enjoyed finding. Tell him that you will immediately archive it.

5.) Continue with your barrage of appreciation for his reinstating your logs, acknowledgement of his authority and control over his caches, appreciation for and admiration of his local caches and their content, and admiration of his willingness to assist others to correct their actions, regardles of what it takes.

Do not be over-zealous, or insincere. Find what is TRULY good about him and his caches, and acknoledge that goodness.

If you persist, the situation will change, OR, your opponent is not human at all (for I know humanity.)

OK, Philosopher Peniel takes off his black robes...

Majicman back in the funny mode...

--majicman

Sbell111-

I would create a cache and place it real close to his home coordinates. I would name it the "Where-oh-Where have my deleted logs gone" cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I have to agree with Majicman on this one. Ignore the "negative" and focus on the "possitive". It's tough, trust me, I know...

I agree with what others have said, but I almost think that you really shouldn't do anything much. Just continue on like normal. If you find one of his caches, log it. If he deletes it, I would email him and ask, "Was there something about my log that didn't meet your requirements, etc?"

Unfortunately, it sounds like this guy has a bit of an attitude "issue" and is using you as a scape-goat. I remember in college, two best friends from high-school roomed together in the dorm. One of them played a little joke on the other one. Well, the other one got him back. This went back and forth for a few weeks until it got WAY out of hand and the pranks/jokes became more and more insulting/embarassing/destructive. Soon, they weren't talking to each other and one of them moved out, then dropped out of college.

My point is, I think if you "push back" on this one guy, he'll want to "one-up" you and will continue to remove your posts, email you unwillingly, and spreading untrue rumors, etc.

In your heart, you know that you have found his caches and logged them. I know the number of caches found/logged is kinda like "bragging rights", so having them deleted is like someone else getting the credit for something you did. But, you still know that you did it.

If none of that works, I'd TP his house... icon_biggrin.gif

Sbell111-

I would create a cache and place it real close to his home coordinates. I would name it the "Where-oh-Where have my deleted logs gone" cache. icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I have to agree with Majicman on this one. Ignore the "negative" and focus on the "possitive". It's tough, trust me, I know...

I agree with what others have said, but I almost think that you really shouldn't do anything much. Just continue on like normal. If you find one of his caches, log it. If he deletes it, I would email him and ask, "Was there something about my log that didn't meet your requirements, etc?"

Unfortunately, it sounds like this guy has a bit of an attitude "issue" and is using you as a scape-goat. I remember in college, two best friends from high-school roomed together in the dorm. One of them played a little joke on the other one. Well, the other one got him back. This went back and forth for a few weeks until it got WAY out of hand and the pranks/jokes became more and more insulting/embarassing/destructive. Soon, they weren't talking to each other and one of them moved out, then dropped out of college.

My point is, I think if you "push back" on this one guy, he'll want to "one-up" you and will continue to remove your posts, email you unwillingly, and spreading untrue rumors, etc.

In your heart, you know that you have found his caches and logged them. I know the number of caches found/logged is kinda like "bragging rights", so having them deleted is like someone else getting the credit for something you did. But, you still know that you did it.

If none of that works, I'd TP his house... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bradtal:

Certainly, one of my reasons that I want to be able to log these caches is to feed my mighty ego, but my primary reason is to get all of these off my 'nearest caches' list. It is somewhat irritating to scroll through pages of caches that I have already found before I come to an 'available' one.

[This message was edited by sbell111 on July 12, 2002 at 08:00 AM.]

Hmm I'm always the sceptic. It sounds like this fellow is also a serious geocacher as well if you've logged 40 or so of his caches. He obviously took offense to something you've done or said to him. hmmmmm?????? Come on now are you claiming total inocense here???? I believe very much in the principles of CAUSE AND EFFECT.. You know what I mean fess up!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockdoctors:

Hmm I'm always the sceptic. It sounds like this fellow is also a serious geocacher as well if you've logged 40 or so of his caches. He obviously took offense to something you've done or said to him. hmmmmm?????? Come on now are you claiming total inocense here???? I believe very much in the principles of CAUSE AND EFFECT.. You know what I mean fess up!!!!!

You are absolutely right. In one of his emails, he mentioned that since I don't like micros, he'd just delete my logs. (I think it was the email with the forum-junkie comment, but I'm not sure.) While I have made posts on the forums stating that I don't prefer what I call 'easter egg' micros, I have taken care not to specifically attack any caches placed by an individual cacher.

That being said, if a cacher doesn't like my cache, does that give me a right to delete his 'found' log?

quote:

No it doesn't give him the right. Not at all. I'm just trying to dig a little deeper. icon_smile.gif

SBell111,

Face it, is ain't an issue of what he "should" do (what is "right") but rather of what he "could" do (power). He "can" (he has the power to) delete all of the logs you have posted on all of his sites (obviously, since he did so, he must have had that power.)

Now, as to whether he "should" have (what would be considered "right"), well, that is always a personal opinion. I don't believe that any one ever does ANYTHING that they don't feel at that time is the "best thing to do" (although they sometimes regret it, or change their opinion later.)

He obviously felt "in the right" when he chose to delete you logs, and probably still feels "right" to keep them deleted! (As this is obviously his current choice.)

My advice, previously, was all an effort to "allow" another to change their previous decision, and perhaps "rethink" the matter in a way that does not cause blame or imply guilt.

I know that telling someone that what they did was "not right" even if in consensus with many others, NEVER changes the other's opinion!

(Only a change of "heart", that is, a change of opinion regarding YOU (the person), not your activity, will change the other person's mind.

All this, IMHO...

(OK, Peniel, climb back down here off that soap box and give it to me! Am I gonna have to hide it again?!)

(Whew!)

--majicman

quote:

No it doesn't give him the right. Not at all. I'm just trying to dig a little deeper. icon_smile.gif

SBell111,

Face it, is ain't an issue of what he "should" do (what is "right") but rather of what he "could" do (power). He "can" (he has the power to) delete all of the logs you have posted on all of his sites (obviously, since he did so, he must have had that power.)

Now, as to whether he "should" have (what would be considered "right"), well, that is always a personal opinion. I don't believe that any one ever does ANYTHING that they don't feel at that time is the "best thing to do" (although they sometimes regret it, or change their opinion later.)

He obviously felt "in the right" when he chose to delete you logs, and probably still feels "right" to keep them deleted! (As this is obviously his current choice.)

My advice, previously, was all an effort to "allow" another to change their previous decision, and perhaps "rethink" the matter in a way that does not cause blame or imply guilt.

I know that telling someone that what they did was "not right" even if in consensus with many others, NEVER changes the other's opinion!

(Only a change of "heart", that is, a change of opinion regarding YOU (the person), not your activity, will change the other person's mind.

All this, IMHO...

(OK, Peniel, climb back down here off that soap box and give it to me! Am I gonna have to hide it again?!)

(Whew!)

--majicman

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

Ah, the old power v. authority dilemma.

A number of people have emailed me regarding this issue, so I figured that I would give an update.

I took no action for more than a month to allow tempers to cool and feelings to heal. During that time, I have placed over 20 caches (micros - his favorite) in the area. Last week, I sent him a polite email which explained that in the next few days I intended to repost the logs of my finds. I also explained that, as a member, it was only fair that I be allowed to hunt and post any caches on the sight. A few days later, I reposted my logs. They were quickly deleted.

So here we are again. I believe that I have the right to have my finds posted...

quote:

I also explained that, as a member, it was only fair that I be allowed to hunt and post any caches on the sight. A few days later, I reposted my logs. They were quickly deleted.

So here we are again. I believe that I have the right to have my finds posted...

The time has come to just post this person's identity. He clearly feels that since he CAN delete your logs, he has every right to do so. I suggest you adopt the same policy. Since you CAN damage his reputation by smearing him here, you should now feel free to go ahead and do so. Loudly. Often. I suggest that you write the story in the logbooks of the caches you find. I suggest you write the story in the on-line logs of the caches you find. I suggest you put it in the cache descriptions of the caches you place.

Eventually, he may decide that he doesn't like the game if the victim can hit back. Generally bullies are like that.

I must agree with several of the attitudes here. Some people go through a life-changing event, something that makes them realize what life is REALLY all about. For me, that incident was being away from my family for nearly a year, and involved in ground combat. It tends to make you more forgiving, after surviving something like that and realizing your life is really fragile and short. This guy probably has not experienced a life-changing event.

One attitude here is to just be nice to him, and maybe he will change. Another is to go out and kick his @$$. The first isn't going to happen. BTW, the second choice is illegal!

Your only legal recourse is to just let it go. Oh, if you want to play his game, you can do the same to him. Do you really want to? Posting his name with the situation will only warn off others, but is it likely that anyone else is having problems with him?

So in the end, your only real choices are to:

A. Decide that this is wrong, and make it your life's obssession to bring this guy down. OR

B. Let it go. Clear it from your mind and forget about it.

In my present career, (having retired from the army 7 years ago) I have to deal with a very few people who are so unhappy with their lives that they look for ways to make others enjoy their lives less. I refuse to allow them to do that, and I tell them so. It really pi$$e$ them off that I remain happy and joyful every day. I look at it this way. I oppened my eyes. I sucked in some air. I crawled out of bed. I walked to the car. I drove to work. And I still have a job. A job, that when compared to the army, pays twice as much, requires 1/2 the work, and I don't need to get shot at to get my pay. First they give me a power plant to play with. Then they pay me to play with it all day. Life doesn't get any better than this.

My point is, I hope you can develope an attitude like this. It sure beats driving yourself nuts over some stupid idiot.

Now... what was his name??? *grin*

Whew, I didn't mean to write a book. But you will find people like him all over the world. My favorite ones are the ones who choose to be unarmed and defenseless, and then demand that you too go through life unarmed and defenseless, waiting to be a victim. It takes all kinds I guess. I would really like to hear your final decision... either here on the fourm, or via private E-mail, if you like. Good luck in your decision. May you find your happiness!!!!!

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???

sbell111

I only have four caches hidden (none of which you have found), but you are welcome to use them as “surrogate” caches to post some of the finds that this obviously unpleasant person has deleted. Just make reference to the specific cache that the surrogate is replacing , the reason why you are using a surrogate cache to post them, and mention you have my consent. (I doubt that I ever look for his caches so I am not to concerned what he might do to me). I am sure that there are owners of at least 36 other caches out there that would do the same for you.

(I am serious - this is a most unusual and unfortunate situation)

You may not agree with what I say, but I will defend, to your death, my right to say it!(it's a Joke, OK!)

If it is your cache count, I have two you can use. Zip code 79922, The Mighty Rio Grande Cache, and The El Paso Tin Mines Cache. Good luck.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Seventeen minutes after her FIRST call for help, police officers arrived to find Ronyale White dead.

Prohibiting self defense is the ultimate crime. Police carry guns to protect themselves. What protects YOU ???

I'd be curious to hear the other side of this story. The cache owner must spend time in the forums if he knows you're here a lot. I would think they have read this thread. Any comments from the owner???

Without hearing his side, I'm going to have to assume that he either has some ego/insecurity issues or an anger management problem. Keep him out of a NASCAR garage.

We have a cache owner in this area that deletes all logs that say anything negative about his cache. Periodically, he deletes all logs. The 1st finder reported removing prescription drugs, mini-alcohol bottles(unopened), rolling papers, and a bullet. Appropriately so, he chastised the owner in his log. It has been deleted. Other finders have re-posted multiple times. He hasn't deleted anybody in about a month so maybe we wore him out with our re-posts.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

SBell,

I can't offer any advice... that's quite an unusual predicament. Is Jeremy aware of this abuse of cache-ownership?

Anyway, I guess I'm lucky. I've gotten a little negative in a couple of my cache logs... and the owner was good enough not to delete them, but simply encrypt them.

I stand by what I wrote, and was happy that they weren't deleted, but I would have felt much better (and I probably would have altered my words) if the owner had simply emailed me and explained the situation.

A few words can do a lot... except apparently in your case.

Hope it works out for you.

Jamie

Does it happen to be JoeGPS? Maybe we should get on his case, or at least hear his side of the story. Though if what SBell111 says is true (and I have no reason to doubt him) I can't imagine what he could say in his defense.

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 18, 2002 at 07:29 AM.]

Im not going to comment on the primary issue, as im too new here to have built up much in the way of "Caching Karma" and I dont know any of the partys involved. I will state my personal outlook on things is: "Treat me in the same way you would wish yourself to be treated."

Having said that, from a technical programming point of view, perhaps the database/webpage needs an "ignore cache" flag that users could set, just as there is a "watch cache" flag. While not solving the personal issue, it would solve the listing of caches that were logged/deleted. Just make them all to be ignored in your account, and have the database program not display them to you.

Who the head programmer here is, I do not know, but from the very fine programming/database work I see this site runs under, I would think it might be a goodly task, but not an insurmountable one to impliment. Though would it be usefull to expend the time to program it, could this feature be used for other purposes as well?

-Centaur

(can you tell im i programmer too? icon_wink.gif

Im not going to comment on the primary issue, as im too new here to have built up much in the way of "Caching Karma" and I dont know any of the partys involved. I will state my personal outlook on things is: "Treat me in the same way you would wish yourself to be treated."

Having said that, from a technical programming point of view, perhaps the database/webpage needs an "ignore cache" flag that users could set, just as there is a "watch cache" flag. While not solving the personal issue, it would solve the listing of caches that were logged/deleted. Just make them all to be ignored in your account, and have the database program not display them to you.

Who the head programmer here is, I do not know, but from the very fine programming/database work I see this site runs under, I would think it might be a goodly task, but not an insurmountable one to impliment. Though would it be usefull to expend the time to program it, could this feature be used for other purposes as well?

-Centaur

(can you tell im i programmer too? icon_wink.gif

I think this needs to be submitted to Jeremy for resolution. I'm sure that there is another side to the story, but as the info has been posted, there certainly is a grievable situation. icon_confused.gif Cache owners need to have control over their caches, but it should be reasonable control!

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I think this needs to be submitted to Jeremy for resolution. I'm sure that there is another side to the story, but as the info has been posted, there certainly is a grievable situation. icon_confused.gif Cache owners need to have control over their caches, but it should be reasonable control!

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I posted way back in this thread that the best thing that i thought you could do was to just ignore the guy. Let him know that this didnt bother you too much, but seeing as how it was 40 log finds and that he wouldnt allow you to repost, i can see your concern. I would contact Jeremy and see what his advice might be. I know that the cache owner has the right to delete logs, but arent there some "right and wrong" rules we should all follow??? This guy should have a legitmate reason for deleting your logs, if not, then the logs should stay! Matters not if he likes you or not.

I personally would like to know who he is just to make sure to avoid his caches, i mean to drive up to TN, come back home and log my finds, then maybe have them deleted,,, NO WAY!!!

Go take photos of all the caches that he won't let you log. Photos showing where they are hidden, email him a copy, and then tell him you will post the photos off where the caches are to nullify the hunts.

He'll either have to archive the caches or let everyone and anyone in the area have easy access to his caches.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

I disagree with the concept that a member should be able to post a find on any cache, I think the cache owner is still the one who is ultimately in charge. That said, I don't see where this guy has any socially acceptable reason (I feel like it?) to do what he is doing. I agree that it would be nice to hear his side but I doubt that will happen.

Checking the area, my money is on the JoeGPS guy doing it.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Go take photos of all the caches that he won't let you log. Photos showing where they are hidden, email him a copy, and then tell him you will post the photos off where the caches are to nullify the hunts.

He'll either have to archive the caches or let everyone and anyone in the area have easy access to his caches.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

--

Ummm... icon_wink.gif And just what is wrong with the MacOS, System X, perchance?

Humorous regards,

Firefishe

P.S. A URL for the *explanation* of this opinyun would be excellent icon_wink.gif

196939_600.gif