Booty Central

I haven't thought this through yet, so bear with me, and of course, suggestions/comments are welcome.

I've been reading the thread about putting homemade items in caches (which I like). I also remember how much I enjoyed knowing that many of my temporary tattoos were being placed in caches around the country.

So, combining the two, I was thinking about some sort of trinket exchange system for these items on a wider scale.

It would require people with items to offer and people willing to place those items for them. For example, if a California cacher wanted to place some of their handmade jewelry in caches in other parts of the country, say New England, they would send some to "Booty Central" who would pass them on to a cacher in New England, to be placed in a cache there. Once placed, the New England cacher would then email the California cacher about where their item had been placed.

Perhaps it could be done with just this thread. If you are willing to place cache items for others, just mention it here. Cachers with items to place could email you directly.

What do you think? Dumb idea?

But I als think the idea may be OK.

Personally, I'd prefer putting the items there myslef.

I had heard of some people cooperating to maintain a cache for someone out of state. I think Don on Maui has done this for some people.

~Echo2000

Now I'm wondering if geospotter is familiar with the meaning of "booty" that we're all referring to.

I doubt very much he saw the movie that starred Jamie Foxx and Tommy Davidson.

He probably doesn't listen to hip-hop (as if I do). Though he's not at all old, none of his peers are likely to incorporate this term into their daily vernacular. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that he didn't see this coming.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0118750

quote:
I'll bet he's familiar with the term nookie though

Come on, guys! Give me some credit. Booty isn't a new term. We were shakin' it in the 70's.

I used it because the term "cache booty" was used before, and because I knew it would get people to read the post. Looks like it worked! "Trinket Central" just didn't have the same punch.

It would be great to share in some of the wonderful handmade items people create and are willing to leave in caches. I've often wished that I lived closer to some of the more active caching areas just to have a chance to find the really cool stuff ...

But do I have to put them ALL in caches? Could I get "pick of the litter" for helping with the placing?

So who says it's all about the journey, anyway? icon_smile.gif

(okay, it's mostly about the journey ... least sometimes!)

It would be great to share in some of the wonderful handmade items people create and are willing to leave in caches. I've often wished that I lived closer to some of the more active caching areas just to have a chance to find the really cool stuff ...

But do I have to put them ALL in caches? Could I get "pick of the litter" for helping with the placing?

So who says it's all about the journey, anyway? icon_smile.gif

(okay, it's mostly about the journey ... least sometimes!)

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

If anyone would like some of their items placed in caches in New England, just email me.

If anyone from the Right Coast (or anywhere else at distance) would like cache items begun on a journey from the West Side, you can email me and I'll be happy to move them along.

After all, we have never hesitated to do distant caches.

Which reminds me... I still need to send some LotR CD's to Mike Chim... yikes!

And as far as Booty goes? Even being female, I too was subject to a twisted sense of curiousity when I opened this thread... no one is ammune!

Remember that much loved '70's song: "Shake, shake, shake! Shake, shake, shake! Shake your booty! Shake your booty!"

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite