Hidden camera spying on my cache?

DisQuoi

That's a camera that Wal-Mart sells for 68 bucks. Although the advertised range is 20 -30 feet, my latest roll from one of them picked up a tractor from over 40 yards away. They work only if it detects motion and heat. I guess the heat that a big tractor gives off was enough for it.

If someone set it up in a area that humans frequent,it ain't gonna last long - and even if it doesn't get stolen, some folks may choose to leave some rather interesting shots!

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

people in my area use those cameras for taking pictures of deer, the camera marks the time on the picture too so a hunter will know when a deer comes through, if it was meant to spy on people i bet it would be better camoflauged as it doesnt need to be hidden very well for viewing deer and other animals

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Chaoss:

would be mean, but I'd find a set of HUGE antlers, and get the camera to trip as if the rest of the deer was just out of the shot. icon_wink.gif

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,

I took the one less traveled,

and that is how I found the cache.

Better yet, take a colored picture of a deer in the woods, attach it to a wire frame and then attach the frame in front of the camera so he would always see the same deer icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

would be mean, but I'd find a set of HUGE antlers, and get the camera to trip as if the rest of the deer was just out of the shot. icon_wink.gif

Naah, I'd rent a gorilla suit and run through the area just far enough away to leave the owner wondering.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"I'd like to buy the world a coke, but I only have fifty cents"

quote:
Originally posted by DisQuoi:

Today, Bish emailed me that while he never found my cache, he did find something in the vicinity. I can only hope it's intended to capture wild life. It would bother me if someone is covertly watching my cache.

Since Bish didn't find the cache, this may or may not be pointed towards the cache??

Almost worth a visit to try and figure out which way the thing is pointed and how close it is to the actual cache.

I'll admit that it would be quite a coincidence of being placed close to the cache since that area is quite large.

Ofcourse, you can't post the coords to the camera as that would ruin the whole puzzle of the cache.

Gary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drop back 10 and ........trip over the cache.

quote:
Originally posted by GLM:

Since Bish didn't find the cache, this may or may not be pointed towards the cache??

His coordinates were ~80 feet from the actual cache. He said the camera was 30-50 meters from his coordinates. So the camera may be right next to the cache or 200 feet from the cache. You're right, Gary, I need to check it out for myself.

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

quote:

Naah, I'd rent a gorilla suit and run through the area just far enough away to leave the owner wondering.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"I'd like to buy the world a coke, but I only have fifty cents"

Better yet, get a BIGFOOT costume and walk by it and watch the local paper for the "discovery" of BigFoot in the area...

Able2ru?

quote:

Better yet, get a BIGFOOT costume and walk by it and watch the local paper for the "discovery" of BigFoot in the area...

Able2ru?

With Halloween coming up, that would be quite apropos; ROTFL! icon_biggrin.gif

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

I've been thinking of using one of those trail cameras for my first cache. Mostly to catch pirates and trashers.

The photograph provided doesn't appear to be hidden against two leged vermin so probably a hunter scouting out an area. The quantity of humans in the picture should discourage that idea.