what container do u use

Mr. Snazz

hi ok so i want 2 place caches as i drive down teh interweb^H^H^Hstate but i dont want 2 have 2 stop teh car

so what container do u find 2 be most iffective 4 throuwing out of the car window?

also i mark teh waypoint as i drive by its usually close enuf 4 people 2 find teh cache what method do u use?

When I'm on vacation, I use a Gladware container. Of course, I wouldn't waste a perfectly good ammo box on a cache I'll never see again. What I do is rig a small parachute to the container, so it lands gently and the container doesn't crack for at least a month or two.

Then I slow down to about 45 mph. Any faster and it's hard to get accurate coordinates. It's best done with a partner, but if you're by yourself, keep your right hand on the wheel, place your GPS on your lap and with your left hand, grab the container and parachute between your thumb and forefinger. Toss it away from the car and slightly upward so the parachute has time to open.

Then reach down, grab your GPS and mark the waypoint.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Or coke or pepsi or whatever ya got. Sometimes I even rinse 'em out first. Then I leave a note on the cache page for the first cacher to bring a logbook, because I forgot of course, and also to leave about 7 to 10 items when they visit, and maybe take better coords, or maybe even leave a better container, and just email the info to me so I can update the cache page!

Well as I seem to be higher class then you bums, I recycle.

I use those bottle kindly thrown out by the truckers that they no longer need.

Sure, some of them smell just a touch but the fresh air will help, somewhat.

Real easy to find some good hiding spots along the freeways and backways, just look for the wide spots with all the flagging hanging in the bushes just off the edge of the road.

Next.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

so what container do u find 2 be most iffective 4 throuwing out of the car window?

well, you see thers your problems...

if you use a container it confines the cache, and caches should be allowed to be as they like.

what i does is just get some of those happy toys from the sand box in the park. then slow down and drive on the un pavered part of the road and whip a good sizzed hand full out th' winder. Then quicker mark the place icon_biggrin.gif

if you gots time then you can make a it surprize. just get one of those big black sacks out on of thos barrels everywhere (like in front of der 7-11) and put them happy toys inside it and toss that out. that ways thera surprized when they opener up, cuz they cant know whats they gona get icon_wink.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

coordinates? We're supposed to take coordinates? I knew I was forgetting something. Isn't "look for the Styrofoam container that HAD spagetti in it by the STOP sign at Spruce & Main" good enough?

My preference is the rice take out containers from our local chinese restaurant. Once I scrape the rice out, they is as good as new. And you can write on them. If you bring a pen!

-Jen

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer & Dean:

coordinates? We're supposed to take coordinates? I knew I was forgetting something. Isn't "look for the Styrofoam container that HAD spagetti in it by the STOP sign at Spruce & Main" good enough?

That is letterboxing. Please stick to cool geocaches like what Mrs.Nazz does.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

That is letterboxing. Please stick to cool geocaches like what Mrs.Nazz does.QUOTE]

roflmao you all are too much for me on a friday. No wonder I can't get anything done.

Use old beer cans or fast food burger containers (or the burger that was in it). Most people think it is garbage and pass it by! Plus it allows these contrainers to live out the rest of their lives away from the evil trash dump. Make sure they have some kind of fungi or fly-infested food bits on them and you can gaurantee you cache will be a difficult one to bag.

Beer cans work the best for me. I prefer the 16 oz because there is room for lots of butts and they don't shatter when hit with a 300 mag. On my multi's, ribbons left behind by gov't surveyors work well except where there are so many that chasers get confused. I like to roll the ribbons up into a big ball and leave in caches for dogs to play with.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison

For more accurate coordinates, simply leave your GPS on in the car, then as you launch the cache, simultaneously slide-out the rear end and spin a 180. That way you can see later on the GPSr tracklog where you launched it and pull amazingly accurate coordinates.

For those of you with front-wheel drive, crank the steering wheel over and pull the parking brake, cost you a bit more in tires but hey, you could have spent the extra for a rear-wheel drive...

(If its raining and the roads wet, it'll cost less in tires...)

Randy

PS: Don't use this cache launch technique on one-way roads or divided highways!

quote:

My preference is the rice take out containers from our local chinese restaurant. Once I scrape the rice out, they is as good as new. And you can write on them. If you bring a pen!

-Jen

If the rice is gone what is the first finder supposed to take?

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

quote:
Originally posted by Natureboy1376:

the "Strached Cd Micro" !!!!

That was your microcache?! I hate to say it, but I ran that over about a week and a half ago... There wasn't much I could do - the rush of air from the car in front of me flipped it up and into my path, and the next thing I heard was the sound of your 'Scratched CD Micro' becoming the 'CD Crushed into 500 Pieces Micro'. I'm sure sorry about damaging the cache... guess you'd better update the name of it.

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by Nurse Dave and LKay:

-Jen

If the rice is gone what is the first finder supposed to take?

If you wait long enough, bugs start taking up residence. These type of caches only get fuller with time, so while first finders may be disappointed, later finders may be well suprised. Of course, there is a theme to nameing rice box caches, they must sound like the entree they origionally contained! Satay Spider, Ants & Cashews, and, my favorite, Sweet & Sour Slugs #1.

-Jennier icon_smile.gif

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

Anything more than gladware is a waste so I trade out the ammo can's for gladware. Besides, you can't see inside an ammo can and it could be full of strange objects.

Any cache that is already gladware but has a trail I like to bury to it's not so easy to find.

Whenever I'm caching I also pick up all the trash and dump it by the road so them there prison people can get it later. I've had them thank me with that funny european salute.

If the coordinates are dead on I like to move the cache 40' over so that everyone has the same challenge finding the cache.

P.S. If you want ammo cans I'll see them to you cheap, just don't use them for caches. You will have to paint over the cache names on them though.

Wherever you go there you are.

I don't bother with a container. I just drive down the road and throw the contents out the window.

I'm also working on a new locationless cache. It's the police car/paintball cache. When you see a police car (driving or parked, preferably driving) you lean out the window and mark it with a paintball gun, that way other cachers will know that you already found that one! If I can get that approved, I'll submit the Policeman/Paintball locationless!