long trips

Guest geraldo

Guest geraldo

does anyone takes more than a day to find the cache? any of you planned and made a long excursion to the point indicated or everybody goes to a point near home?

Guest Krepism

I like alittle of both. During the week or during bad weather I try and stay closer to home. But when the weather is really nice I try to venture out more. In the late spring and summer I will be going out more to do camping trips that may involve geocaching. I would like to make it so a person can go camping one area and find 3 or 4 caches over a 3 day weekend.

Guest jeremy

There have been longer excursions, such as one in Oregon where one was placed during a week long whitewater rafting trip, but usually they're day hikes.

Some folks are planning long backpacking trips over the summer. Since this is the first "active" summer of geocachers I'd expect some very unique adventures.

Jeremy

One day, in a far & distant fantasy, I want to place a cache in the real outback. Somewhere deep in the Great Sandy or Gibson Deserts, somewhere a week from anywhere, somewhere you need to take your own trailer of fuel and supplies. Nothing but sand dunes and sky.

Seems almost sinful to stash a cache there, so maybe it will always be a fantasy but only the future knows.

Alex

Hi jeremy. I'm a journalist from Brazil and I'm writing about Geocaching. I'd love to know better what happened in this excursion in Oregon. Can you tell me? How many folks were involved? They were placing or hunting a cache? When did it happen? What are your expectations for the next summer? Please, I'd like to include your opinion in my article. If you can, please send me a mail to tinoco@vjlistas.veja.com.br and identify yourself (name, age, city where you live, ocupation). Thank you very much. I would love to promote Geocaching here in Brazil!

Krepism, is Luis from Brazil again (see the message above). I also like to put you in my article. So, what are you planning for the summer? Have you already made a long trip to find a cache? How long was it? Please, future brazilian geocachers will apreciate your contribution. And don't forget to identify yourself for me. My mail is tinoco@vjlistas.veja.com.br. Thank you in advance.