Coming up on an anniversary

Markwell

With all the talk of the history and creation of Geocaching, anyone else notice that we're just about on our second anniversary of Geocaching?

May 1, 2000: President Clinton releases selective availability (read the statement).

May 3, 2000: Dave Ulmer hides a box.

May 6, 2000: Mike Teague finds Dave's box.

Two years later: 17315 active caches in 120 countries. Wow.

Anyone got plans to celebrate? I think I'm going out with a reporter this weekend...

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

... I think I'm going out with a reporter this weekend...

Won't your wife mind? icon_eek.gif

Plan on doing any geocaching? icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, I plan to snag my 400th cache. Then I'll celebrate with a frosty "YooHoo" ... straight from the bottle, no straw. icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on April 29, 2002 at 02:22 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

... I think I'm going out with a reporter this weekend...

Won't your wife mind? icon_eek.gif

Plan on doing any geocaching? icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, I plan to snag my 400th cache. Then I'll celebrate with a frosty "YooHoo" ... straight from the bottle, no straw. icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by BassoonPilot on April 29, 2002 at 02:22 PM.]

We are going to hunt a geocache that MAY celebrate it's first anniversary of having never yet been found if we don't go...

I think it is an appropriate way to celebrate, right?

Leave no cache unfound!

Besides, we've recently been the first finders of four new caches in four days... why not continue our "bagger-mentality" ways? icon_biggrin.gif

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

We are going to hunt a geocache that MAY celebrate it's first anniversary of having never yet been found if we don't go...

I think it is an appropriate way to celebrate, right?

Leave no cache unfound!

Besides, we've recently been the first finders of four new caches in four days... why not continue our "bagger-mentality" ways? icon_biggrin.gif

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

Last year on May 3 I place my 1st Anniversary Cache -- SOAP?. I went out two weekends ago and hid the 2nd Anniversary Cache. I went out this weekend and checked the coordinates and added a couple of items to the cache. I will be out of town at the end of this week, so I am going to list it in the morning. Interesting that the first one is ID=2167, and this one will be somewhere in the ID=21350 range. That is a heck of an explosion of caches in the last year.

Too bad Dave went wacky. I am just glad that Jeremy and Mike have kept the ball rolling and we now have one fun hobby to play with. The enhancements to the site have been awesome. I cannot wait to see what the next 12 months bring!!! I will be in Boston at the end of this week, and I hope to hit several caches while there including the first cache in Massachusetts on May 3.

3512_200.jpg