What to do if the owner of a cache requests verification, but does not respond.

Post in all cases except where they flat out tell you "Do not log until I have verified your answer and emailed you"

MOST caches with a verification don't mind a post with verification email. They will tell you if you blew it. Its less work to work with the ones who got it wrong than everyone.

[This message was edited by Renegade Knight on June 30, 2003 at 03:21 PM.]

Yeah, what Renegade Knight said. I have done several caches where the owner wants verification and have not once gotten a reply. Usually it just directs me to some web page that is made to look like a certificate of completion. No big whoop

Bender

Searching, for the lost Xanadu

I have one virtual and it was my intention that the finders would post a find and email me at the same time.

Only once did I get the notification that someone logged a find but I never received a verifying email.

If I do a virtual, I log the find and email the owner at the same time and never had a problem.

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

Depending on the complexity of the cache, I would check to see when the last time was the caching team logged on to the site before attempting to solve any sort of puzzle cache. Saves the effort only to find out they don't respond to verify/deny your answers. Either that, or you can e-mail another cacher who has found the cache in question and verify your coords through them.

Brian

Team A.I.

I just checked my mail to see if I forgot to mail a reply and you're not on my list for now.

Eventually we will cross paths. icon_rolleyes.gif

By the look of your profile I may have one just for the both of you. Get out your 4x4 and go find it.

And I wouldn't worry about it. If they don't answer then lay claim.

Tahosa - Dweller of Mountain Tops.

[This message was edited by Tahosa on July 01, 2003 at 08:10 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by TwoBearsAndAMoose:

OK so my wife and I have completed several caches over the last weeks that require verification. We submitted the verification via e-mail but the cache owner never responded.

I almost never get a response from those verification e-mails. I think I have received at most 2 responses. I just log them right after sending the e-mail.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

I almost always get responses to the verification e-mails I send. Usually just a simple "yeah, that was it", but a reply no less. In reply to the original question, I also post my find either right before or after sending the verification e-mail. Haven't had anyone complain about doing it that way yet.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I have just taken to the theory of just logging it unless the cache details state otherwise.

quote:
By the look of your profile I may have one just for the both of you. Get out your 4x4 and go find it.

Tahosa that sounds right up my alley. I will have to look into it. Just south you say? Sounds like a good run for the XJ (3" and BFG AT's) I definitely like the idea of mixing the sports, and as soon as my favorite trail opens I'm going to see about placing a cache there.

We're not addicted...we can cache...er I mean quit anytime we want.

[This message was edited by TwoBearsAndAMoose on July 01, 2003 at 08:41 PM.]