moving caches?

quote:

The exception are parasite caches - they move from existing cache to existing cache like travel bugs do.

erik - geocaching.com admin

So the Travel Bug "Screemin Mike" who has a Micro strapped to his back is a "Parasite Cache?" If so how do I register him as such?

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- Unemployed Computer administrator, aircraft tchnician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

quote:
Originally posted by The Cache Couple:

You know, I have been seroiously considering becoming a premium member to this site and you have given me reason to do so. After all following your posts will add a little more laughter to my life. It's just hilarious to me how that one person can have such a broad base and wide array of views and post so much on the forums.

True, I do have a broad base and wide array of views. It keeps me from getting narrow minded.

quote:

I have read in earlier posts that you run a web site and also a stay-at-home Dad. While I commend you on that, it's pretty obvious to me that the other web site could not get much attention because of all the reamrks on here.

I do not expect any attention from here to my website. If someone likes it then fine. I also run another website (medical coding) and will be starting a different one in the very near future. They are not based on my opinions.

quote:
Also, try not to be so darn critical of EVERY thing and EVERY rule. It's whiners like yourself that turn something fun and enjoyable into something that you have to carry a rule book around to be able to participate.

You say don't be critical of rules, but then you turn around and don't want to carry a "rulebook". ?

quote:
Think of that before you start shooting off at the mouth and we will all be better off and I am sure that you will get hammered less often as well.

How do you know I haven't?

quote:

And in the process of you making a comment on a topic, please at least know what you are talking about or have first hand experience on the subject.

Ok coming from someone who has been here a month longer than me and has not done a moving cache, has about as much merit.

quote:
Sometimes I think you post and quote other threads and other subjects just to be able to type or put your 2 cents worth in to get your post count up. Slow down Brian, it's all about this being fun and enjoyable for all.

Post count has nothing to do with it. Who says I'm not having fun? If you are out caching instead of reading my opinions, then you are having fun right?

quote:

All we need is more things to have to worry about because of people such as yourself sitting behind a desk all the time and critiquing the sport.

Why does it matter if I give an opinion on something and you consider it critiquining? This is a forum. It's to discuss.

quote:

Get out there and spend some of your time enjoying the hunt and quit worrying as much about all the darn topics and threads.

You must of missed that part in the other thread that you read about me staying at home. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to do it as much as many others do. You do not know know how much time I am able to spend or not doing so. Take your own advice, stop worrying about the topics and threads, as well as what I post.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
I do not expect any attention from here to my website. If someone likes it then fine. I also run another website (medical coding) and will be starting a different one in the very near future. They are not based on my opinions.

then why did you just mention the other site?

quote:
You say don't be critical of rules, but then you turn around and don't want to carry a "rulebook". ?

What????

quote:

because you are constantly are being hammered.

quote:
Ok coming from someone who has been here a month longer than me and has not done a moving cache, has about as much merit.

and to mention 65 more finds, yes!

quote:
You must of missed that part in the other thread that you read about me staying at home. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to do it as much as many others do. You do not know know how much time I am able to spend or not doing so. Take your own advice, stop worrying about the topics and threads, as well as what I post.

it just never seems to amaze me how one person can continually get hammered relentless everyday but continue to like it and continue on posting when he most of the time has no experience in what he is talking about, just getting his information from hear say or so on.

Enough said, I think I made my point and have spoken for many. Have a GREAT day Brian! Look forward to reading your other "hammering" posts when I am not caching, its an enjoyment icon_razz.gif

The Cache Couple

East TN

Ok you two knock it off. Whether the cache couple is right or not I don't care and must say that I think its time that you (cache couple) just skip woodsters posts.

I can pretty much guarantee that in time they will become less frequent also.

Annoying or not I can understand him liking to post, just look at Brian Snat's post count and nobody can stand his rantings. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by The Cache Couple:

then why did you just mention the other site?

I didn't give the name or address to it.

quote:

What????[/QUOT]

You stated that I was critical of the rules...you also stated that people didn't want to have to carry around a rulebook..

because you are constantly are being hammered.

So you are jumping on the bandwagon and doing as you see others do.

Don't worry, the others will still respect you even if you don't.

quote:
and to mention 65 more finds, yes!

But we are talking about moving caches...none of yours are that. If we are going to use the phrase you spoke of talking on something you know about or have first hand knowledge about.

quote:

it just never seems to amaze me how one person can continually get hammered relentless everyday but continue to like it and continue on posting when he most of the time has no experience in what he is talking about, just getting his information from hear say or so on.

The thing is I don't get "hammered" every day. I don't expect people to go along with my opinions. I receive feedback from those that agree with me in the forums and in email. Unfrotunatley for those who like to "hammer", it does not bother me any. While some remark that my wide based opinions are funny to them. So are the endless efforts of those who try to "hammer" others. And then you have someone who doesn't come along very often and jump the bandwagon. Hammer all you want, I enjoy the challenge. But did it in a respectful manner.

quote:

Enough said, I think I made my point and have spoken for many.

AS I have as well.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

LOL UMC, you will catch up to him before no time. He's got a year on you. So you two actually post about the same amount.

Yeah, that may be true but the last thing I (or anyone else for that matter) want is to be more like BS (Brian Snat)icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
LOL UMC, you will catch up to him before no time. He's got a year on you. So you two actually post about the same amount.

Hey, I'm laid off and spend most of the day in front of the PC job hunting, so my post rate is high. If someone can find me a job, I won't be around nearly as often icon_wink.gif

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Why is it, BrianSnat, that you seem to be the only one who jumps in here to slam moving caches everytime this subject is brought up? Is there some other problem here?

Ummmm, maybe because I think they're a bad idea and the website was right to stop the practice.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Well I like traveling caches but the bottom line is that a decession was made to do away with them and thats that. I see no point in whining about it after the fact, what's done is done.

migo_sig_logo.jpg