Please don't

EraSeek

Please don't post a topic if it has nothing to do with Geocaching. Amended: unless it is a solid salad dressing recomendation

Please don't post a repeat topic on two different boards (getting started / general)

Please don't wage war here! E-Mail each other or something, will ya?

2573_200.jpg

[This message was edited by EraSeek on March 30, 2002 at 11:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by EraSeek on March 30, 2002 at 11:39 AM.]

Does this mean I cant post a topic on why not to put dressing on the salad before refrigerating? It already proof-read and everything! Seriously, I never really minded non-geocaching posts, as long as they were not the rule. I feel like we have our own little community going on in here, and if someone is looking for advice on something (even when it isnt about geocaching), I have no problem with that. I will continue to post threads regarding questions that I come up with, but if someone needs some recipe ideas, hey...I'm a pretty good cook. (at least according to friends and family) icon_wink.gif

Does this mean I cant post a topic on why not to put dressing on the salad before refrigerating? It already proof-read and everything! Seriously, I never really minded non-geocaching posts, as long as they were not the rule. I feel like we have our own little community going on in here, and if someone is looking for advice on something (even when it isnt about geocaching), I have no problem with that. I will continue to post threads regarding questions that I come up with, but if someone needs some recipe ideas, hey...I'm a pretty good cook. (at least according to friends and family) icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Just make a theme cache. You could start with the Neiman Marcus Cookies.

This sounds good. We are planning on hiding our first cache very soon, and now I'm thinking of having a recipie book Travel Bug. I would like to send it all over North America and get lots of great recipies (especially southern US barbecue sauce recipies!) If it worked out really well I might even publish it, similar to school and church fundraiser cookbooks. The proceeds would be donated to the Conservation Authority to whom I will hopefully get permission from for the cache. It would be great positive publicity for the geocaching community. Let's see if I can pull it off! icon_wink.gif

- Donna G.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Just make a theme cache. You could start with the Neiman Marcus Cookies.

This sounds good. We are planning on hiding our first cache very soon, and now I'm thinking of having a recipie book Travel Bug. I would like to send it all over North America and get lots of great recipies (especially southern US barbecue sauce recipies!) If it worked out really well I might even publish it, similar to school and church fundraiser cookbooks. The proceeds would be donated to the Conservation Authority to whom I will hopefully get permission from for the cache. It would be great positive publicity for the geocaching community. Let's see if I can pull it off! icon_wink.gif

- Donna G.

Often, forum communities such as this offer boards that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, such as the Unplugged forum at MacAddict.

I wouldn't oppose a non-geocaching related subtopic here. There are things that I would love to talk about with this group of people that may just have nothing to do with geocaching.

I like the idea of the cookbook travel bug. I may start one, too. Maybe I'll call it "The Travel Bugs Dressing! Cookbook." Hmmm...

As for barbeque sauce, I can't even count the local varieties avaiable at our local supermarkets. Heck, they're ALL good!

Hot Sauces are also up there on the 'everyone can make it better than the stores' list.

Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

Will mustarg spoil if not refridgerated?

Mike.

It sits at room temperature on store shelves when you buy it, so it'd be okay in cool climates. But, if I found a bottle sitting in an ammo box out in the desert, I don't think I'd eat it. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

Will mustarg spoil if not refridgerated?

Mike.

It sits at room temperature on store shelves when you buy it, so it'd be okay in cool climates. But, if I found a bottle sitting in an ammo box out in the desert, I don't think I'd eat it. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

Over in the TiVo forums, we have a whole section devoted to non-TiVo-related topics. It keeps the chit-chat in one place.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

Just outta curiosity, do you have a signature line in the TiVo forums that says something like "Want to utilize your TiVo more? Get out and try Geocaching!"?

icon_smile.gif

---------------

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

Over in the TiVo forums, we have a whole section devoted to non-TiVo-related topics. It keeps the chit-chat in one place.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Just outta curiosity, do you have a signature line in the TiVo forums that says something like "Want to utilize your TiVo more? Get out and try Geocaching!"?

icon_smile.gif

---------------

quote:
Originally posted by DonnaG:

Maybe someone could leave a good barbecue sauce recipe in a cache and you could "share" it with everyone. That would keep it "geocaching related"!

icon_wink.gif

-Donna G.

I envy those who travel the world and those who are content where they are.

i think theres actually a TB that is a laminated BBQ marinate recepit card

quote:
Originally posted by DonnaG:

Maybe someone could leave a good barbecue sauce recipe in a cache and you could "share" it with everyone. That would keep it "geocaching related"!

icon_wink.gif

-Donna G.

I envy those who travel the world and those who are content where they are.

i think theres actually a TB that is a laminated BBQ marinate recepit card

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

Just outta curiosity, do you have a signature line in the TiVo forums that says something like "Want to utilize your TiVo more? Get out and try http://www.geocaching.com!"?

For a while I did, yes. icon_smile.gif Many of the geeks over there have GPSrs, and we've discussed caching many times.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

Just outta curiosity, do you have a signature line in the TiVo forums that says something like "Want to utilize your TiVo more? Get out and try http://www.geocaching.com!"?

For a while I did, yes. icon_smile.gif Many of the geeks over there have GPSrs, and we've discussed caching many times.

> Martin (Magellan 330)