150 COUNTRIES.... WOW !!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Very cool,

Does anyone know how many countries there are on this planet anyway?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I'm not even sure how many Planets are in this country!

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

Wonder which country dropped out? Maybe there wasa coup overnight, and one country took over another just to get the Geocaches. I hate it when that happens, but Jeremy is right on top of the latest happennings. Good job guys.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I just hang around in the background mostly reading posts but I figured that I would give this one a shot...

By the way, I am in NO WAY saying that this list is perfect, I was just bored and had some time on my hands so I compiled a list...

These are the countries that we are missing (to the best of my knowledge)...

Afghanistan

Albania

Algeria

Angola

Anguilla

Antigua & Barbuda

Armenia

Bahrain

Bangladesh

Belarus

Benin

Brazil

Brunei

Burkina Faso

Burma

Burundi

Cameroon

Cape Verde

Central Africa Republic

Chad

Comoros

Congo, Democratic Republic of

Congo, Republic of

Côte d'Ivoire

Djibouti

El Salvador

Equatorial Guinea

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Gabon

Gambia, The

Georgia

Ghana

Grenada

Guadeloupe

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Iran

Korea, North

Kuwait

Kyrgyzstan

Laos

Madagascar

Malawi

Maldives

Mauritania

Micronesia, Federated States of

Moldova

Mozambique

Nauru

Nepal

New Caledonia

Nicaragua

Niger

Nigeria

Pakistan

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Paraguay

Qatar

Rwanda

Saint Kitts and Nevis

Saint Lucia

Saint Vincent & the Grenadines

Samoa

San Marino

São Tomé & Príncipe

Sierra Leone

Solomon Islands

Somalia

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Suriname

Tajikistan

Togo

Trinidad & Tobago

Turkmenistan

Tuvalu

Uzbekistan

Vanuatu

Vatican City (Holy See)

Western Sahara

Yemen

Zaire

Zambia

Zimbabwe

I think that is it... icon_cool.gif

-Erin

(afternote... doing a bit more research I thought maybe adding 'East Timor' but I'm not sure if it is or isn't a country.) icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Erin & Gang:

Bangladesh

Hmm...I remember looking at the page for a cache that was in Bangladesh, but I guess it got archived.

quote:
Brazil

Nah. There's like close to 50 in Brazil.

quote:
Saint Lucia

2 caches, according to the front page.

quote:
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines

1 cache, but it hasn't been found in a year and a half. (Shows up as "St Vince Grenandines" in the country list.)

quote:
Samoa

Delving into geography-nerdism, I think you could also strike this one. There's a cache listed for "Western Samoa", which is what Samoa called itself until a few years ago.

quote:
(afternote... doing a bit more research I thought maybe adding 'East Timor' but I'm not sure if it _is_ or _isn't_ a country.) icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, they've applied to become part of the UN, so that means, um... icon_confused.gif

I'm going to be off backpacking next year, and I've still got plans to be a Johnny Cache-seed and plant caches in some of the unclaimed Asian countries like Laos, Burma, and Nepal - even if they're just virtuals.

ok... so I knew my list was going to get picked apart but I think even with my couple of mistakes I think I did alright... In regards to Brazil I thought that I had taken that one out because I KNEW there were caches there but I must have missed it. As far as Bangldash goes I'm not aware of one there. And as far as those other ones go I am not sure.... I will have to look into it more.

Sorry the list wasnt perfect... I tried. icon_frown.gif

-Erin

Hey, it was a pretty good effort...I know I've sat and looked at the list of countries and wondered which ones were missing. For that matter, I haven't even been able to figure out what country 152 is.

I looked again for the mystery Bangladesh cache, but it looks like it must've been archived...someone once posted a list of four or five countries that have had caches at one time, but no longer do.

quote:

ok... so I knew my list was going to get picked apart but I think even with my couple of mistakes I think I did alright...

Sorry the list wasnt perfect... I tried. icon_frown.gif

-Erin

It's a very nice list icon_smile.gif Thanks for the effort.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

quote:
Originally posted by TAT:

But, here's a riddle:

What is the eastern most and western most country in the world?

Antartica!

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

quote:

Antartica!

Yes and no. Also the US (it goes west as far as 180°W and east as far as 180°E - Aleutes, Alaska) It always depends where you start.

Here's another missing country: Liechtenstein (between Switzerland and Austria)

Short cuts make long delays.

quote:

I just hang around in the background mostly reading posts but I figured that I would give this one a shot...

By the way, I am in NO WAY saying that this list is perfect, I was just bored and had some time on my hands so I compiled a list...

Micronesia, Federated States of

:

Quick! Somebody get 35mm film container.

Don't blame me, I voted for Jeremy.

For some time I have been trying to figure out just what your avatar dog is playing with. What is it? I liked the one with the toung best! Dogs can do the strangest things.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Desert Warrior,

(somewhat off topic but) Spirit has a beef basted rawhide bone to play with in that photo. That basting must have been loaded with food coloring because the snow turned red, his paws turned red and his "Dad" thought he'd been hurt. Next time I buy the non-colored ones. Baron, with the tongue, just happened to be licking his chops when I snapped the photo, I hadn't noticed until I looked at the photo, it cracked me up. Thanks for asking, they're two of my best buds.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

your job is to also figure out which country it is and post that. :b

I don't know what the original countries were. So how will I know which one is new? Any way, it seems my job really is to say "Woo Hoo", point it out and someone with that knowledge will come along and say which one it is. I just bring it to their attention. The record shows this is how it has been working so far. So my job is done here. Spank you veddy much.

Cache you later,

Planet

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will

give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

I think there are a few in Indiana, USA already. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
We're down to 162. Quick, somebody buy me a ticket to Kokomo so I can plant a cache

Yup, 13 within 20 miles of there. icon_razz.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

There may not be a cache in Papua New Guinea but there is one pretty dadgum close on the northern tip of Cape York. Caching in PNG would be a real adventure, as they have jungle that is reputed as being totally impenetrable. Beyond these barriers of foreboding vegetation live tribes who have never seen a white man and may even still practice cannibalism.

Hounddog