Camo Test

Friday, I was driving by a cache that I have placed in a local park. I noticed that they were mowing the grass, so I figured I better go check on the cache and see if it had been damaged.

The cache is one of my homemade "rocks". It's about the same size as a football. (just a little flatter)

Well ... as I approached the area of the cache, I saw a man with a weedeater buzzing around right where the "rock" should be!

UH-OH ... as I got closer I noticed he was VERY close to the cache. REAL CLOSE !!He was trimming around it with the weedeater! Just like it was a real rock! icon_biggrin.gif

I just waved and walked on by.

I've had a few compliments on the "rock", but this was unbelievable! I'd say it passed the Camo Test! icon_wink.gif

I went back later and looked the cache over. The weedeater had chipped some paint off, and knocked a small chunk of the "rock" off. I'll give it a quick paint "touch-up" tomorrow and it should be good as new!

--------------

Changing some folks mind, is like trying to herd cats.

55883_200.gif

I had a freind try to find a small camoflaged tupperware cache in a local park, he had never tried geocaching. The area had been recently weed wacked and he could not find after 30 min. So I went looking for it and it was in the log I had placed it in. The weed wacker had knocked it out of the onto the field. He must have walked over it, even I did, My girlfrind found it. I guess the camo works on that one.

Cloak_N_Dagger,

Thats a great story and I would like to see some pictures of this "rock" if you have them.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Caching without a clue....

That is to funny. I think I would have been laughing so hard at that guy. I will be trying some camo ideas soon and seems I saw a thread that had some pics of camo jobs that were really cool. I have some ideas and can't wait to get started. I should be placing my first cache this weekend.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif