Worst injury Geocaching?

Guest hipsterdoofus

Guest GeoCrickets

mp a gate. The park gates got locked with my girlfriend and I still in the

park. When I landed my knee gave out and I went down. This was on Oct. 29th. I will be

having a scope done in the next week or so. After that I will need to get my ACL done and

Will not be able to go caching for some time after that..

The most I can do now is maybe 2.5 to a 3 in terrain..

Guest Hinge Thunder

Just curious...Which cache was it? (I live in Rochester, and have hit most of them, and even have a few of my own).

quote:
Originally posted by E=Mc2:

Almost forgot my favorite story.

While cahing in Rochester NY, this one cache was sort of tricky until I uncovered a clue. Not that bad I thought but then BAM BAM BAM BAM I was being struck my Mosquitoes like crazy( even had OFF on). These buggers were huge, could see a swarm coming right at me. I looked at my arm and it was covered with them. One good swipe and they were all dead(the ones on my arm) but I still got stung/bitten a lot. I found cache and went back to my car, was last cache I found that day. My arm swelled up and I thought I might even pass out. Would not have surprised me if animals or even people were found dead back there. Those things could have picked up a small bird, I am sure of it. Had marks on my arm for about a week.

Guest niskibum

I was recently wondering(after sticking my hand into a deep hole to retrieve a cache)if many people, especially down south, have encountered snakes in these holes, or for that matter spiders, scorpions, badgers, etc. Killer mosqitoes are one thing, but a diamondback rattler! I'm just glad I live in North Idaho.

------------------

If you cache it, they will come.

Guest web-ling

quote:
Originally posted by niskibum:

I was recently wondering(after sticking my hand into a deep hole to retrieve a cache)if many people, especially down south, have encountered snakes in these holes, or for that matter spiders, scorpions, badgers, etc. Killer mosqitoes are one thing, but a diamondback rattler! I'm just glad I live in North Idaho.

Most of us in more southern latitudes have enough sense NOT to stick our hands in a hole without being QUITE certain there is nothing slithery in the hole with the cache. That's what large sticks are for... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest web-ling

quote:
Originally posted by niskibum:

Most of us in more southern latitudes have enough sense NOT to stick our hands in a hole without being QUITE certain there is nothing slithery in the hole with the cache. That's what large sticks are for... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest stayfloopy

quote:
Originally posted by binthair:

I've broken a few fingernails opening cache containers! Does that count? LOL

Me too. Tore off half a nail trying to retrieve a container. Then tore off the other half while uncovering another cache container. Broke another nail getting a trail map out of the box at another location. That's why I always bring nail clippers now to round off the broken edges.