quick question

quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Vanish:

would it be in bad taste to just log it, because its really annoying seeing it every time icon_eek.gif

If you want to avoid offending the people who are offended by such things, I wonder if a "note" log would get it off your list?

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Vanish:

would it be in bad taste to just log it, because its really annoying seeing it every time icon_eek.gif

Its generally frowned upon to log a find on a cache that yours (and also a cache you didnt find, but that doesnt apply here).

So either get used to the cache being on your not found list, or log it found and 'live' with a faked find.

And no, logging a note, DNF, or SBA won't get it off the not yet found list.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

After you have logged a sufficient number of caches, you will probably start doing your cache searches in another zip code. The unlogged cache will no longer be such a thorn in your side. You can learn to live with it since it will lose it;s significance. It only bothers you because you are still starting your cache searches from your home on outward.

I once thought I had erred, but I was mistaken.

I have one of those. A cache I helped hide with another geocacher is near the top of my list. I've gotten used to looking at it.

I guess the only way to avoid this is to make sure any caches you hide with another cacher is far away, so its at the bottom of your list.

It would be nice if there was an ignore option so you can check off caches that you aren't interested in hunting for whatever reason and they won't show.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Logging it as a find is really lame. How hard is it to find something you hid? Only thing worse are the ones who log another find on it every time they check on it.

Instead, use the fact that its there for you to see instead of adding it to your watch list. Every time you see it, look at the date it was last found. You'll be able to see if there was a recent find and click it to go check out the new logs.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.