Coolest things found in a cache.

Guest Steveonne

Guest Steveonne

What is the coolest thing you've found in a chache so far. Now I know you can list all the things you can put in a cache, that's already been posted, but I thought we could start a thread of the coolest items you've found.

The smallest items can be the neatest treasures. my son was with me on a cache hunt and an Item he got the most excitment from so far was a small plastic 35mm film container filled with dimes and nickles. It was only 3 bucks or so, but it seemed like a massive amount to my 7 year old son when he dumped it out. I thought it was the coolest thing too.

Another item that I thought was really cool was a 1.44 floppy with a collection of info on it called, Cyber Treats. I love worthwhile information so that really got me excited about getting back to my computer to check it out. Now that is saying a lot because some of us spend too much time in front of our pc's and geocaching gets us away from them in the first place.

So, what have you found that was the best item you've found so far.

Steveonne

Guest Paulwhy

I found 2 tickets to a Giants game at the new Pac Bell park, by the water in downdown San Francisco! I was flying high, until I saw the date. The game was one week before I found them. Now I need to find a geocache with a time machine!

Guest EraSeek

Thanks for the compliments on the Cyber Treats. I guess the coolest things I have found are some of the things I haven't passed on yet: A cougar beany baby, a black bear beany baby (I got kids), a cool flashlight (but the wife wrecked it), a fun little tin container (my favorite), some train pins. Also there were several things I felt were just too nice to take (Thomas the tank engine sets, ect).

Guest cleenjeep

I found a Douglas Adams book "Mostly Harmless" The day after he passed away, a few weeks ago. I was at a cache that was rather difficult to get to, it involved either swimming a really nasty bog, or dragging a canoe a quarter mile through tight twisty trails. I did the canoe. It was a lot of fun, and I just finished the book. This completed my set of Douglas Adams books, it was the only one I havent been able to find in my area!

Michael

------------------

Webmaster and List Admin for Southern Michigan Rockcrawlers

Personal Site is Cleenjeep's Site

Guest Cache-potato
icon_biggrin.gif The coolest.... lemme see.... Hard to choose just one. My wife believes an uncut emerald in a Big Fig cache. In one cache there were some really nice cigars but, alas, my wife vetoed my penchant for fine tobacco and selected another item. icon_frown.gif
Guest Cache-potato
icon_biggrin.gif The coolest.... lemme see.... Hard to choose just one. My wife believes an uncut emerald in a Big Fig cache. In one cache there were some really nice cigars but, alas, my wife vetoed my penchant for fine tobacco and selected another item. icon_frown.gif
Guest Markwell

So far, has to be the velcro necklace-type keyring I found in the Hawg cache outside Chattanooga. Made for Dell employees, I presume for thier ID badges. It fits neatly onto my Garmin eTrex.

Not so much that it's particularly cool, but during that hunt (my wife's first), she lost the little string that came with the Garmin. The best things I find in caches are the things I need the most. Someday, I'm going to bless the soul who put batteries in the cache my GPS died hunting for.

Guest bunkerdave

ool" last saturday. I had to trade quite dearly to feel right about taking it, but I really wanted to at least try it out. It has knives, fishhooks, telescope, magnifier, flashlight, etc. Odds are, sometime soon I will find something in another cache I like even better, and this will get traded for that item. Seems to be one of the things I really enjoy, just swapping items around when I get bored with them.