signature items

Blazer2

I know signature items have been discussed before but does anyone know how to make or where to order custom dry, rub on transfers? I think it would be great to be able to use dry rub ons to make wooden nickles with the Geocaching logo (w/permission of course) on one side and then our name, a picture or whatever on the other to leave behind. Anyone know how to make these????

Never heard of a dry rub on to make wooden nickles. Is there a store where you buy blank wooden nickles? Fill me in.... Here's how I make my signature coin. I take a penny and grind Lincoln off then I engrave my name "Lerch" and the number that that cache is that I found. So if it's my fourth cache found my coin would read "Lerch 4".

Most any craft shop carries blank wooden nickles.

I would be interested in the rub on transfers as well. My moose doot would be easier with those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61* 12.041 W149* 43.734

Blank wooden nickles can be gotten anywhere. The dry rub on transfer is like a wet decal you would use on modle airplanes and cars, but you don't have the water to mess with, nor the backing to remove and then smoothing them out. With the dry Rub on Transfers, you basically set the transfer on what you want to decorate such as a book, paper, cabinet door, flower pot, wood.....then you rub over it with something hard like a popsicle stick and the transfer adheres to the surface. You can buy them in stores with flowers, birds, etc. But I would like to either find out how to make my own and where I can get the paper or where I can get cheap custom rub ons made to use so I can make my own signature nickles.

A quick Google search on dry "rub ons" gave me this List the first site is A basic idea of waht I think you are talking about.

I didn't see any pricing information though.

This Site though charges I think 20 US dollars didnt read in depth to the site but I may look into it a bit more for my second signature item after I go through my limited quantity set.

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.

Originally posted by Bilder:

Add some clear coat to the nickle to keep the ink on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, just like you might do with a signature piece of, oh, say Moose doot!

"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley

I got my wooden nickels (geonickels) from the old wooden nickel co. I think it would cost more to do transfers and they would not last. You send your artwork to the old wooden nickel co. and they make them to order on a printing press using laser cut stencels with your artwork. check out my site www.geonickel.com and I have a step by step on how I created GeoNickels. If you get permission to use the logo they have my artwork. I am going to go soak one now to see what happens and will let you know.