A little help for an older cacher ...

Folks ... could you all help an older cacher out? In your profile ... list where you live. Please ... some times when you post about "the thing that is happening in your area" ... or "to caches in your area" ... there's no way to figure out what or where in the devil you're talking ... or typing ... about.

So ... unless you're hiding from an ex-spouse, running from the authorities, ashamed of where you live or just a rabid hamster ... I sure would appreciate it. Thanks ... icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

Hey speaking of older cachers........so I'm not that old....did put bday in profile......Did I forget the year? icon_wink.gif

Anyway the older part, got my first pair of varilux lenses. I told the tech that worked on then that they might as well strap a large kitchen appliance to my face for the price (same as for my Garmin V). Must say these lenses are the best! I can now read the maps on the V without looking over the tops of my glasses and then falling down the hill on the way to the cache...

For those who have not scaled "middle age" yet...Varilux lenses are what used to be called bifocals........

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

Anyway the older part, got my first pair of varilux lenses.

(snip)

For those who have not scaled "middle age" yet...Varilux lenses are what used to be called bifocals........

Dx

Those are the ones with no lines, right? How are they working out for you? My mom-in-law has them, and she wishes she had gone for the old-fashioned bifocals instead.

What do bifocals have to do with being "old," anyway? I'll be 29 later this year, and I've been wearing bifocals since I was 11. icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Morrison Do charter members get a secret incantation to recite that I missed?

Nope, although you should do it under a full moon icon_biggrin.gif

But really ... when you log in to your cache page ... then click on "Change your account information" ... the top section has blocks for city, state, zip code and country. Did you find and fill out this?

Then down below a ways there is a block for "Location" ... just type in the city and state there. That's the one that shows up on the forum (I believe).

Thanks everyone ... it's just nice knowing to whom I'm ... reading. icon_wink.gif

348_1002.gif

The verilux lenses are the greatest!!!

At first I fet a bit dizzy...I used to be blond ..but think that the dizziness was getting used to the lenses...now instead of thinking of the glasses as of equal value to a large kitchen appliance....I think of them as pure gold.......

29 eh...I was in Columbia adopting my first 2 kids at that age...it's all relative....but I'm still not putting the year on my bday profile

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Morrison WaylandersMA:

Gives an example and everything and I still failed to figure it out. But see, I was writing a grant until one hour ago, now I have use of those brain cells so it is now clear.

EDIT: still no change?

Log out ... log back in and try it again.

348_1002.gif

[This message was edited by Hawk-eye on March 22, 2002 at 06:01 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Morrison WaylandersMA:

I have everything filled out but the only thing that shows up on that bottom line is "USA".

Been that way for weeks. Never "took".

Do charter members get a secret incantation to recite that I missed?

Ok I might know your problem if you look at your profile page there are two places to show location. Just below halfway down the page look between "Occupation" and "Gender" and you will see "Location". My bet is it only say's "USA" there. Change that to your full city and State.

15777_1100.gif

BrownMule

I didn't realize I didn't have my address down until someone got into an argument and said that the other person could critisize but wouldn't put his or her address down so everyone would know where they were from. I checked and I didn't have my in.

Bob