finding coordinates

Does anyone know of a way to get a locations coordinates without visiting it yet. For example, If I wanted to visit my parents house. i want to be able to go on-line to a web site that i can look at a map. Find my parents street and find out those coordinates so I cam program them into my GPS and then go there. Any help out there!

I'm sure there are other options, but one simple one is to go to www.topozone.com and search for the city you need. When the map shows up simply zoom in until you can tell what street you wanted.

Then as you move the crosshairs around on the map, the coordinates will show up at the bottom left of your screen. They may be in UTM, so scroll down and change the way the coordinates display by checking the appropriate units. I just tried this and it seemed simple.

If you need to actually see their home, try www.lostoutdoors.com. Manually enter the coordinates close to the spot that you got from Topozone and select aerial photo display. You should be able to determine their home from that and then simply click on the right building and a waypoint is placed on the image automatically and the coordinates are listed at the bottom. You can then print the image out.

Hope this works for you...