NPS Plunder Trophy!

DisQuoi

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

what i want to know is why do you have a camera in the bathroom?

Very good question ... one that I must answer lest the rumors begin. I was actually armed with a backpack full of fun tools (measuring wheel, GPS, sonic measurer, 100-ft measuring tape, digital camera, and flashlight ... all neccesary tools for the work I'm performing for the NPS).

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

I'm glad we can laugh at it; but, unfortunately, I suspect it speaks volumes regarding at least one of the park managers attitude about our beloved sport. Looks like geocache bashing/mocking is PC at this branch of the NPS. Our tax dollars at work... icon_rolleyes.gif

Worldtraveler

Oh pooh, now I suppose you'll think they stole our avatar.

I have an extra sense of humor you can borrow if you need it. I keep it in my gear bag, for just such an occasion

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by DisQuoi:

(measuring wheel, GPS, sonic measurer, 100-ft measuring tape, digital camera, and flashlight ... all neccesary tools for the work I'm performing for the NPS).

The next question is, why all the measuring equipment in the bathroom? 100-ft? Yeah, okay.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

quote:
The next question is, why all the measuring equipment in the bathroom?

The measuring equipment was in my backpack ... my backpack was on my back which is positioned roughly above my bladder ... my bladder was positioned more or less above and adjacent to the bowl.

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

Makes me wonder where they got the sticker. I would guess if they attempted to remove it from a cache they wouldn't be able to restick it. OTH, I don't really see them adding one to their order for a Geocaching hat and t-shirt.

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe it was really placed there by a cacher who had his cache removed.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Eswau:

Makes me wonder where they got the sticker. I would guess if they attempted to remove it from a cache they wouldn't be able to restick it. OTH, I don't really see them adding one to their order for a Geocaching hat and t-shirt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe it was really placed there by a cacher who had his cache removed.

I was thinking the same. Also, it appears that the line on the sticker for the cache name is blank (although I can't tell for sure), which leads me to believe it was a new sticker. Someone should fill in a name on the sticker!

pokeanim3.gif

Knowing the history of geocaches in Great Falls, MD, I'm fairly confident that this was taken from one of the few geocaches that were there prior to the "Great Shake-Up of 2002" in the Geocache/NPS community. Most likely, the sticker (it may have been a liminated card) came from one of Gammaboo's caches.

I think it would be very funny to post the coordinates of the ranger station and require that geocachers request to use the bathroom to earn the find. Alas, my livlihood is somewhat connected to my reason for having founs this funniness and even I admit that this would be less than professional.

That's a great picture!!!

I wonder if there's a similar commode in the N**cache compound?

p.s. I didn't realize that some words (I'm guessing it's the N-word) were scanned for and posts reviewed for content. (so if a double post shows up, please ignore).

Nine out of ten people who change their minds are wrong the second time too.

Boy.... I have heard that some caches were filled with nothing but $h1T for trading trinkets, but don't you think this is going a bit too far???

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Nope, it's not mine! I've been away from my home so much in the last year or so that I've only been to the Canal a couple of times. I haven't even been home enough in good weather to maintain the cache (or two) that I placed last year.

This should make a fine virtual cache: But what would be the question and what would be the answer???

BTW: The "look and feel" of Groundspeak sure has changed! Hope to become active again--maybe in the fall.

Gamma Boo