" Find - It "

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I needed a break from the news last night and watched a 'feel-good' movie on TV. Saw my first commercials in days... One that caught my eye was a product called 'Find-It'. It's a small signaling device about the size of a car alarm activator. Clap 3 times and it makes a beeping noise for a few seconds. Ad showed them taped to remote controls and cell-phones, I thought of the tales of woe I've read about lost GPSRs. 2 for $19.95 + @ some 1-800 number.

I used to have a similar device. only it was a keychain. It does about the same thing. When you clap it will beep and a light will flash. I taped it to my remote because I lost it all the time. It worked really well. i got it for about $5.00. I havn't seen them in stores for a while. But i might get another for my gps sometime. Good idea!

[This message has been edited by Tissue (edited 15 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Tissue (edited 15 September 2001).]

Guest martinp13

My Mom is a chronic loser (of items, of course), so when she and I saw a "Whistler" keychain, we had to get one for her. You whistle, and it beeps. Way cool, eh?

We took it home, I checked and then installed the batteries, and gave it to Mom to test. She whistled, and whistled, and whistled. No beeps. I whistled (high, low, held it to my moth so it was louder). No beeps. After a few minutes of this, we both started giggling and couldn't whistle any more without triggering another laughing fit. She took it back, and the guy at Spencer's said "Yeah, we get a lot of these back."

Go figure. icon_biggrin.gif I hope the clappy one works better.

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest martinp13

My Mom is a chronic loser (of items, of course), so when she and I saw a "Whistler" keychain, we had to get one for her. You whistle, and it beeps. Way cool, eh?

We took it home, I checked and then installed the batteries, and gave it to Mom to test. She whistled, and whistled, and whistled. No beeps. I whistled (high, low, held it to my moth so it was louder). No beeps. After a few minutes of this, we both started giggling and couldn't whistle any more without triggering another laughing fit. She took it back, and the guy at Spencer's said "Yeah, we get a lot of these back."

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

Perhaps someone else's Whistler was going crazy all this time?!?

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

Perhaps someone else's Whistler was going crazy all this time?!?