Cabelas.com catching on to Geocaching

Huntnlady

I noticed that with my last order to Cabelas there is now a special on ammo cans. Still not as cheap as cheaperthandirt.com, but it shows how Goecaching is catching on.

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon

Make sure they promise that the cans are in good shape. I was at their sidewalk sale and they had tons of ammo cans. Problem was that most were dented in a manner that made the lid not water tight. I'm assuming that's why they were at the sale and that they would offer good ones otherwise, but it is a thought/concern.

pokeanim3.gif

They have 2 stores just in Nebraska!

Current Locations:

• Sidney, NE

• Kearney, NE

• Owatonna, MN

• Prairie du Chien, WI

• East Grand Forks, MN

• Mitchell, SD

• Dundee, MI

• Kansas City, KS

Specialty Stores:

• Owatonna Outlet Mall

• Herter's Outlet Store

Under Construction:

• Hamburg, PA

• Wheeling, WV

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
I noticed that with my last order to Cabelas there is now a special on ammo cans. Still not as cheap as cheaperthandirt.com, but it shows how Goecaching is catching on.

While I would guess there has been several thousand ammo cans purchased for Geocaching. I doubt it is making a dent in the overall ammo can market. We've always had a few around here for tool storage, my grandfather used to keep his garden seeds in one.

I just want to throw in a plug for Cabela's.

A few years back, during a canoe expedition, I stopped in Prairie du Chien to replace a broken paddle I'd purchased at Cabela's in Owatanna, MN about a month prior.

To my surprise, Prairie du Chien had a Cabela's.

The Prairie du Chien Cabela's replaced my broken 50-dollar paddle free of charge even though I had no reciept and no way to prove when I bought the paddle. They didn't even ask how it broke.

The whole process to exchange the paddle took about five minutes. I was impressed.

Cabela's are good people.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Cabelas started out as a Nebraska mail order company. For a long time there was only a store in Kearney. Then they built the big one in Sidney (neat place BTW, I particularly appreciate the outside dog pens). Now they are branching out. I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up in Colorado.

If I remember correctly, Nebraska is adjacent to Colorado, however, Cabela's has been expanding north and east (away from Colorado). You'd think they would want a store in the Elk capital of the world.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Cabelas started out as a Nebraska mail order company. For a long time there was only a store in Kearney. Then they built the big one in Sidney (neat place BTW, I particularly appreciate the outside dog pens). Now they are branching out. I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up in Colorado.

If I remember correctly, Nebraska is adjacent to Colorado, however, Cabela's has been expanding north and east (away from Colorado). You'd think they would want a store in the Elk capital of the world.

When I asked why they didn't have a store in Omaha or Lincoln, they talked about keeping Sidney green with eastern Nebraska green. I suspect they feel the same way about Denver. The Cabela brothers are from Sidney, most of their key staffers are from Sidney, they gonna take good care of Sidney.

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." Danny Ozark

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

When I asked why they didn't have a store in Omaha or Lincoln, they talked about keeping Sidney green with eastern Nebraska green. I suspect they feel the same way about Denver. The Cabela brothers are from Sidney, most of their key staffers are from Sidney, they gonna take good care of Sidney.

Ok, then they should put a store in New Mexico, it's further from Denver so it wouldn't hurt the Sidney area