Cache approve time? and Latitiude problem

Firehouse16

I submitted a cache on Saturday. It was approved in about 24 hrs.

As far as entering the coordinates, did you select the box for decimal degrees, since you are entering them in that format? I entered mine in the Degrees and minutes (MinDec) which is the default and the way the GPS gives me the coordinates. It's also the standard way that GC displays the coordinates on cache pages..

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

I changed it to dd.ddddd because the EasyGPS software said too. I'm new so now I'm getting confused! So I changed it back to what you said and now the coordinates read;

N33.56.823 instead of N33.94705

W117.18.513 instead of W117.30855

so now I'm really confused! ok I see now I should have changed the box to decimal degrees. So tell me do both of these coordinates point to the same place? Should I be using decimal degrees or degrees & minutes? I see cache listings are in the later, but I'd like to use the software EasyGPS, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Firehouse16 & Code3

"Dave, Teresa & the 2 kids"

Yes, the coords point to the same place. You need to set-up EasyGPS to use dd mm.mmm format:

Click FILE>PREFERENCES

Click the tab marked COORDINATES

Select DEGREES, MINUTES.MINUTES from the pulldown list.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:

I changed it to dd.ddddd because the EasyGPS software said too. I'm new so now I'm getting confused! So I changed it back to what you said and now the coordinates read;

N33.56.823 instead of N33.94705

W117.18.513 instead of W117.30855

Take the fractional part and multiply by 60.

(.94705 * 60 = 56.823) turns the partial degrees into minutes

They are the same.

Team Sand Dollar

Thanks. Is there a way to download more waypoints than is listed on a given page? I'd like to download all of the waypoints within 30 miles of me. I noticed with EasyGPS you can open one .loc file, but when you poen another it overwrites the one open, not ammending it. All of this stuff is driving me nut, guess I need to get out and hunt some today! icon_biggrin.gif

Any help once again?

Firehouse16 & Code3

I took a look at your cache, and it was posted on Sunday the busiest day of the week and you still have about 50 caches ahead of you in the Q.

You still need to do a little work on your coordinates your cache is about 35 mile off the coast of Cal. In the Pacific Ocean.

Posting a new cache on Sunday you can always expect a few days before it will be approved in your area.

Tennessee Geocacher

Geocaching.com / Admin.

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:

Thanks. Is there a way to download more waypoints than is listed on a given page? I'd like to download all of the waypoints within 30 miles of me. I noticed with EasyGPS you can open one .loc file, but when you poen another it overwrites the one open, not ammending it. All of this stuff is driving me nut, guess I need to get out and hunt some today! icon_biggrin.gif

Any help once again?

Firehouse16 & Code3

Try a pocket querie. http://www.geocaching.com/pocket

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump