You Know you’re a GPS/Geo-Cache Fanatic when:

You Know you’re a GPS/Geo-Cache Fanatic when:

1. You consider storing waypoints of your favorite aisles in Wal-Mart

2. Someone asks for your address and you reply: "do you want that in degree or decimal?"

3. Every AA battery in every remote and toy in your house is missing

4. You wonder if a teenager can be considered as acceptable trade goods.

5. Your new 1 Gig P4 computer runs slower than a 486 because there are 60 gigabytes worth of topo maps and sat photos on your hard disk.

6. Your wife has considered pinning a travel bug on your shirt and setting you in the woods

beside a tree.

7. You've bought enough ammo boxes that the FBI has paid you a visit.

8. Your kids and/or wife are in the car ready to go and you're outside begging "Just one more"

9. You break into a cold sweat if you have to drive without a "moving map"

10. Just to make you happy your wife hid all your Christmas presents in the backyard and let you go find them.

11. You won't ask for directions to the bathroom because that would be "Cheating"

Happy Caching Y’all icon_biggrin.gif

Cachercarry

I'm here because I'm not all there

[This message was edited by cachercarry on July 24, 2002 at 07:26 PM.]

--Your caching vehicle has badges of honor (scratches, dents, etc) from caching.

--You have badges of honor from caching

--You stay up all night planning a caching trip for the next day

--You actually believe a supermodel is running around in the woods searching for tuperware filled with junk

--You actually wake up 4 hours earlier on the weekend then you do a weekday so you can go on

megacachathon

--You have stock in Tupperware

--Your constantly looking for cache bootie (how long til someone sends this thread off topic cause of that one?)

--You've gotten poison oak/ivy/sumac

--You've had to remove ticks

--You've injured yourself on the hunt AND kept going

--Your actually reading this (could go either way, if it was possible that you could be caching now you should be)

--You love the smell of DEET in the mourning

--Whenever your out hiking or Mt Biking your constantly scanning for good hiding places

--You have pages with possible cache ideas strewn all over your house

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

quote:
Originally posted by jhwf4:

I don't have any marks on the car...yet,

jhwf4

You will, I've got a 2001 Ranger. I've dented the back bumper, and have scratches on both sides. icon_frown.gif I'd normally be upset about it but seeing's how I've been hit 2X (figures I drove a tempo for 7 years and no one touched it, get a brand new truck and BAM!!!) I view them like I said.

Actually I don't qualify for all of those either.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

Does it count if you enjoy the feeling of your GPSr in your hand. And you actually slept with it on more than one occassion? Does it also count that I had either a 330, or meridian for a year, and there has not been a day that I have not played with it (even when I don't leave the house). Or maybe all your freinds expect you to have it with you and start questioning you about it and you reply "I even take it into the bathroom with me". Or all your freinds are sick of you answering questions with the phrase "let me check my GPS".

Wyatt W.

do I have problems?

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.