My wife! She likes it!!!!!

Bilder

Took the whole clan out for some caching action today.

Found 4 easy ones that I had not hit with my oldest yet. Piled in the Blazer and went for it.

Was not sure how the wife was feeling about all the running around. Our second find was up a steep trail and just about wore her out. I did let her play with the GPS and she started to play navigator after awhile.

We logged 4 finds for the day as well as a benchmark that is not in the database.

Well, we got home and she finally admitted that she liked it!!! She was tired, but had fun and wants to do it again as soon as her legs recover.

Yeesssssss!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

quote:
posted July 17, 2003 09:28 PM

Dohhhh! How did you get so lucy there is no way on God's Green Earth my husband would ever go caching with me.

So I jhust go it alone, or with Weinerdog, or lucyandricky, or CachinCin. Women Rock!

Never say never. Have you tried an easy local park cache with him? If he won't do it.... Oh well... have fun on your own. Different hobbies can be a good thing! My boyfriend hates camping, but I am happy to camp without him! I think he is just as happy if I be outdoorsy without him!

pokeanim3.gif

Good job Bilder. You must have done something right. You'll have to let me know how it goes when you bring home that moose doot for your sig items.

---

P.S. -- My petition to EBay, as to whether or not they will let me sell my wife, is still pending. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I think this post should be closed. this is supposed to be a "family oriented" site and something about the subject title on this one conjures up images of a non geocaching nature.... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif Seriously though, congratulations and happy hunting!!

someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

I am glad my wife and I are a team. I am sure if one of us didn't enjoy caching it would limit the others ability to enjoy this great activity. She has been on every cache that I have done including some tough terrain ones. She was even there in the swampy water cache.A log from SoupNazi's DVD Cache Thanks Honey.

Oh, if you are ever in Memphis stop by SoupNazi's DVD Cache and get a little wet and muddy.

My best friend is also my cache partner. Oh yeah....she's also my wife! There is no way either of us would enjoy it as much without the other along. I have to travel some in my job and I cache without her when away...it's not nearly as fun. Good job exposing her to it and letting her have fun at it. I'm sure you'll have as much fun as we have.

If God is your co-pilot, it's time to change seats!!!

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Different hobbies can be a good thing! My boyfriend hates camping, but I am happy to camp without him! I think he is just as happy if I be outdoorsy without him!

My wife is the same way. I take the kids out camping and she stays home and reads to her heart's content, listens to music and just relaxes. It's her kind of vacation.

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

My wife has done a few caches with me but now she rarely wants to go. It seems that it’s the Geocaching part that bugs her. When I’ve tried saying, “hey sweetie, let’s go on a picnic to this new park I have heard about” she can be quite agreeable - and then she says, “hey... wait a minute - are you going geocaching?” Sheepish reply: “well yeah..... sort of”. Then I hear a big click as the door to her mind closes. I think that maybe “the picnic in the park” line sounds like I am putting her/us first - and then when she discovers it’s a cache hunt she gets the feeling that she is a second place tag-along. Well... yeahh......

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

Luckily, we both are into geocaching. Mr. Lost has always loved "the hunt"! Metal detecting..etc. He found the geocache site a while back, told me about it, and we both were interested! Finally, we just decided to try it out! Bought a GPS and found our first cache! What a thrill!!! After spending so much time inside the house, apart; we're now outside together, enjoying each others company in the "hunt"! Can never give "Geocaching" all the praise it deserves! icon_wink.gif

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cache.