I’m going back to my roots and making like a mushroom!

I got started last Sept. when I discovered Geocaching.com. I had a blast finding caches, eventually I started reading the forums. Up until about a month ago they were just like one big happy family, friendly advice to new comers, joking around about the best gps units and other geocaching trivia. Now it’s come to this. Looking at the homepage, one would never know about the can of worms that has been opened. Therefore, I’m just gonna’ keep on caching and ignore these forums………WIZONKIZ

I wouldn't fret it ... these forums ... since forever flare up occasionally ... but then they calm down, it's starting to settle again as we "type". Any group you get together, especially as it grows ... has a certain element that flares with change ... no biggie ... but glad you're going to continue caching ... by the way ... love that photo shot on your profile ...

348_1002.gif

quote:
Originally posted by wizonkiz:

I got started last Sept. when I discovered Geocaching.com. I had a blast finding caches, eventually I started reading the forums. Up until about a month ago they were just like one big happy family, friendly advice to new comers, joking around about the best gps units and other geocaching trivia. Now it’s come to this. Looking at the homepage, one would never know about the can of worms that has been opened. Therefore, I’m just gonna’ keep on caching and ignore these forums………WIZONKIZ

Well, I've got to agree that this last week or so hasn't been our finest hour, post-wise. But things do seem to be getting back to 'normal' pretty quickly!

Just because there is an occasional flare up doesn't mean we're bad people!

Hang in there,

Bluespreacher

There are five stages of emotional responses for coping with change:

• Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

I think it can safely be said that most people here have successfully passed through them all. Cheers and happy caching ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON." --Robert Frost ===

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

There are _five stages_ of emotional responses for coping with change:

_Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance_

I think it can safely be said that most people here have successfully passed throught them all. Cheers and happy caching ...

_~Rich in NEPA~_

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/1132_1200.jpg

__=== "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON."_ --Robert Frost ===_

I hope you're right. For the past week reading these forums has not been a pleasant experience. Most people just want things to get back to normal.

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by bluespreacher:

Well, I've got to agree that this last week or so hasn't been our finest hour, post-wise.

I love a good fight.

The people in these forums fought (for the most part) a clean fight and stood up for what they believe in. While I wouldn't want to see this as a daily occurence here, I don't mind seeing people get worked up.

People tend to show their true colors when riled and that can be a beautiful thing to see, objectively speaking.

Those that decided to take the shrill route, well you can keep-em.

Wizonkiz, I do hope you'll stick around and see what these fine folks are like when the topic of the day is a new type of cache container or something, they do have an interesting take on the world and it's worth seeing.

The signal-to-noise ratio is normally very high, you just tuned in during a storm.