Pewter Keychain and Pins Question

Guest The Bees

Guest The Bees

Hi all,

First all... no, this is not the mystery item.

Second, I am making the enamelled pewter pins and keychains for Jeremy which should be available in about 3-5 weeks. These pins/'chains will be hand-poured spin cast and hand enamelled. These items are being made by a 'cacher for 'cachers.

I am sending out the pewter masters for engraving on Friday. Both the keychain and pin have a reliefed geocaching logo on the front with "Found It!" engraved below. On the back of the keychain only will be engraved "WWW.GEOCACHING.COM".

Now the question: Would you all like to see the "WWW.GEOCACHING.COM" centered on the back or pushed up thereby leaving enough room for an individual to have cache coordinates, etc engraved on it if they wish (thus allowing someone to leave a signature/unique cache item)?

My Type A artistic bent screams for centering as it is more pleasing to the eye, but I can also see the advantage of off setting the site address.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Later

Mike B

The Bees

PS I'll post a pic of the full prototype once its done.

Guest dustystar

If you are really an artist, center it to get the best look you can. If someone wants to modify your "art" let them figure out a way. Function is important but don't discount our ability to "find" a place to hide our coords.