Rectangular Rubbermaid containers considered evil

Team Og has noticed that almost every sogbucket cache we've run into has been placed in a rectangular Rubbermaid container. For some reason, these just leak a lot more than round Rubbermaid containers. (Ammo boxes and related militaria remain the best.)

I don't know why this is, except that perhaps the rectangular ones don't seal very well, even when they're brand new. Certainly not after six months in the woods.

- Team Og Rof A Klaw

All who wander are not lost.

I've had good luck with rectangular Rubbermaid Seal-n-savers. The ones with the blue rim on the lid. Generally though, round ones are superior. I just checked one that's been out close to a year and it was bone dry inside.

Also, over the past year I've been replacing my Rubbermaid containers (round and rectangular) with ammo boxes. In each case, the Rubbermaid cache was dry and in fine shape. I'm now using my old Rubbermaid containers to fix up caches I find that need help.

I'm not sure why my experiences differ. Is it the type of Rubbermaid container? There are Seal-n-Savers (blue rim on lid) and Servin' Savers (white lid). I find the former to be excellent and the latter to be not so good.

Now Gladware...that is evil!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on November 02, 2003 at 04:38 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team Og Rof A Klaw:

Team Og has noticed that almost every sogbucket cache we've run into has been placed in a rectangular Rubbermaid container. For some reason, these just leak a lot more than round Rubbermaid containers. (Ammo boxes and related militaria remain the best.)

I don't know why this is, except that perhaps the rectangular ones don't seal very well, even when they're brand new. Certainly not after six months in the woods.

Are these the ones with hard plastic lids? I've seen a couple with the hard lids and they just stop sealing after a coupld months.

You see, if a group is going to represent people, it needs to be in touch with those people. -Frolickin