A logo for the tree huggers...

Rubbertoe

After seeing and reading about some of the damage that has been done, by geocachers, to various parts of the environment while seeking and hiding geocaches - I've decided to whip up a little logo to add to all of my cache descriptions.

I have added it in hopes of at least subliminally affecting the people who see it, even if it isn't something that they really care about one way or the other.

Basically I just took the Groundspeak 4 square logo and added some shadowed text next to it. I doubt that Jeremy or the powers-that-be would care, but I would of course remove it if requested by them.

Here is the logo, if anyone else would like to use it as well: Covert GeoCaching

Hopefully it will encourage geocachers to look for caches, while also doing their best to leave the locale just as it was before they arrived.

The URL for adding this image to your own pages: http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/11396_1000.jpg

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's WEBCAM >==--

first there is a member named cachepolice, and now tree hugger! What's next? lol

Good job on the logo. Suppose I can make a decal of that image and put it on the side of my "tree hugger"????

plustech.jpg

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.

That's a kewl little machine there... I think I saw something similar to that on TLC the other night. It can cut down, strip a tree of all its tree-ness, and cut it into sections in like a matter of 30 seconds. Very impressive, and technically - it was hugging trees, if only for a few seconds while it chopped them off at the base. icon_biggrin.gif

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's Webcam, Photo Albums, and Homepage >==--

That's a kewl little machine there... I think I saw something similar to that on TLC the other night. It can cut down, strip a tree of all its tree-ness, and cut it into sections in like a matter of 30 seconds. Very impressive, and technically - it was hugging trees, if only for a few seconds while it chopped them off at the base. icon_biggrin.gif

- Toe.

--==< Rubbertoe's Webcam, Photo Albums, and Homepage >==--

Very cool John Deeres. Apparently they are designed to operate in a manner which does minimal damage to the forest floor, as opposed to conventional methods.

When doing selective logging for thinning, or in the case of removing a selected batch or individual damaged or diseased tree(s), these units can come in and do less environmental damage than driving trucks in etc...

Loomis

looks a lot more then the rigs I have been seeing out in the brush now. There will be a lot of soil compaction under the "feet" of these things I would think. Hey Rubbertoe, I have yet to look at your logo but does it happen to just be a burnt off stump? The largest fire here in Oregon started in one of those "wilderness areas" for the tree huggers and I never did hear about any of "them" out building fire trail, just that

"their" pot fields where going up in smoke. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

looks a lot more then the rigs I have been seeing out in the brush now. There will be a lot of soil compaction under the "feet" of these things I would think. Hey Rubbertoe, I have yet to look at your logo but does it happen to just be a burnt off stump? The largest fire here in Oregon started in one of those "wilderness areas" for the tree huggers and I never did hear about any of "them" out building fire trail, just that

"their" pot fields where going up in smoke. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by EraSeek:

Wow! Is that thing for real?

Sure is, there are a few more pics and a couple short movies on the Plustech site.

With a different head on the boom with some fingers, it would be a nice vehicle to use to find caches in hot buggy weather. With bigfoot shaped feet retrofitted to it, it would make for a few intersting stories from park authorities. icon_smile.gif

Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just go away, your blocking my GPS signal!

quote:
Originally posted by EraSeek:

Wow! Is that thing for real?

Sure is, there are a few more pics and a couple short movies on the Plustech site.

With a different head on the boom with some fingers, it would be a nice vehicle to use to find caches in hot buggy weather. With bigfoot shaped feet retrofitted to it, it would make for a few intersting stories from park authorities. icon_smile.gif

Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just go away, your blocking my GPS signal!

There's a type of log-removing equipment that's becoming quite fashionable: it works in any weather *you* can work in, minimal polluter, can handle just about any grade of hill, has variable horsepower, minimal impact and gets into some pretty tight spots to help with selective cutting.

It's called a "horse."

Who'da thunk it??

icon_wink.gif

There's a type of log-removing equipment that's becoming quite fashionable: it works in any weather *you* can work in, minimal polluter, can handle just about any grade of hill, has variable horsepower, minimal impact and gets into some pretty tight spots to help with selective cutting.

It's called a "horse."

Who'da thunk it??

icon_wink.gif