What's the strangest place you ever found a cache?

OK, as a tribute to the semi urban legend Newlywed Game where they asked, "What is the strangest place you ever made whoopie?" and the lady answered, "That'd be the butt, Bob", how about a a cache called 'theButtBob'?

But, in order for this cache to work, it would have to be hidden in a place crazy enough to be worthy of the name.

Where would you hide it? Maybe a story of a traditional cache you already found in a strange place would start the ideas rolling.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice that anyone that caches less than you do is a moron, while anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac? -Dru Morgan

Butt(e) montana is READY for this cache! Anyone volunteer to place it at the Virgin of the Rockies, overlooking the Berkeley Pit? (There WAS a mountain there, now it is a acid lake of death!)

Just a thought. icon_smile.gif

Someone could place this type of one near a sewage out flow pipe at any treatment plant and have it as the Smelliest location for a cache. icon_smile.gif

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

You can't beat my home town

FRENCH LICK, INDIANA

Now run with that one boys!!!!!!! There are a

few around here and I am doing my part to add

some as I can. French Lick is also home to one

of the all time BEST,,,,Larry Bird !!!!!!!

Exploring the world,,,one Cache at a time !!!!!

There ought to be a locationless cache for all the strangely named towns in America. French Lick sure qualifies, along with such towns as Intercourse, PA, and Hell, Kentucky. Chevy Chase, Maryland comes to mind, too. The next time someone asks you "Where's Waldo", you can point to a small town near Gainesville, Florida (known as a famous speed trap). And the next time you feel the need for a place that's worth two in the bush, try Bird-In-Hand, PA (just up the road from Zooks Corner and Smoketown).

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

quote:
Originally posted by ScottJ:

There ought to be a locationless cache for all the strangely named towns in America. French Lick sure qualifies, along with such towns as Intercourse, PA, and Hell, Kentucky. Chevy Chase, Maryland comes to mind, too. The next time someone asks you "Where's Waldo", you can point to a small town near Gainesville, Florida (known as a famous speed trap). And the next time you feel the need for a place that's worth two in the bush, try Bird-In-Hand, PA (just up the road from Zooks Corner and Smoketown).

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

My favorite is Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.

TxHiPowr

Brings up an interisting idea... with the help of a UP & Metro Detroit/Ann Arbor/Lansing cacher, how about this multicache:

"The Fall of Lucifer Cache"

1st leg is in Paradice, MI, 2nd in Hell, MI

icon_biggrin.gif

Scary thing is, it's entirely doable if you're vacationing in the UP, and returning south past Ann Arbor....

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

OK, as a tribute to the semi urban legend Newlywed Game where they asked, "What is the strangest place you ever made whoopie?" and the lady answered, "That'd be the butt, Bob",

Dru, that's no urban legend- NBC showed the clip of that a few weeks ago on funniest game show moments (or something like that). Does Nodaway County count as a strange place?

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tecmage (R&T):

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

OK, as a tribute to the semi urban legend Newlywed Game where they asked, "What is the strangest place you ever made whoopie?" and the lady answered, "That'd be the butt, Bob",

Dru, that's no urban legend- NBC showed the clip of that a few weeks ago on funniest game show moments (or something like that). Does Nodaway County count as a strange place?

Hence, the use of 'semi' urban legend. I do remember it was considered untrue for a long time, but the tape finally surfaced. Still a legend, even if true.

Oh, and Majicman... I heard that!

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice that anyone that caches less than you do is a moron, while anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac? -Dru Morgan