Hey caching pirates let me make this clear to you

Syn

I attended a caching event today held by unicacher and was told about this. I havent been paying to much attention to the forums lately.

Just spent the last 2 hours catching up on this "Pirates" topic and I will make it clear. You are not welcome to move my caches, visit them, or even view the page for them.

I take allot of time and care into finding locations for my caches and do not feel the need to go and have to search for them because one of your followers decided to go and play a game with them.

Unecessary maintenance, and that is what this amounts to, on a cache is ridiculous.

If one of my caches gets targeted for pirates, I will simply wait till Jeremy outs that person.

And then all of your caches become fair game. I dont care if you only moved my cache a hundred feet. I will simply go and take your caches and keep them. That is to the extent I will do it.

And not only will it be just the geocacher pirate caches at risk that moved my cache. But every placement of outted pirates from seattle to northern california to spokane to all along the oregon/washington coast line.

I will yank your caches, not replace them and let you know what its like for them to be plundered and that I never took to kindly to your game.

I dont care if you dont plunder them and only move them.

And I dont care if my caches gets targeted now because of it...if you want to play games with peoples caches, then I am more than happy to play games with yours by permanently removing them and hucking them into the nearest garbage.

monkeys are everywhere

quote:
And then all of your caches become fair game. I dont care if you only moved my cache a hundred feet. I will simply go and take your caches and keep them. That is to the extent I will do it.

And not only will it be just the geocacher pirate caches at risk that moved my cache. But every placement of outted pirates from seattle to northern california to spokane to all along the oregon/washington coast line.

I will yank your caches, not replace them and let you know what its like for them to be plundered and that I never took to kindly to your game.

In doing so, THEY would win. Not only would you not be any better than them, but you would be far worse. Besides, are you sure you'll be able to correlate GC.com names with pirate names on that 'other' site so you can randomly gank their caches just to show them how maturely you handle their childish game?

You've found a fair amount of caches. Don't become another rotten apple and pollute the sport.

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
In doing so, THEY would win. Not only would you not be any better than them, but you would be far worse. Besides, are you sure you'll be able to correlate GC.com names with pirate names on that 'other' site so you can randomly gank their caches just to show them how maturely you handle their childish game?

Pretty accurate. Why stoop to their level? Anyway, the message would probably have more effect if posted to the pirate forum.

The need to respond with equal or devestating force when attacked is common. Self defense is one thing, vigilanteism is another.

To retaliate would simply give them a reason to act out again leading to more retaliation. This pattern is the stuff wars are made of!

They've put themselves into thier own misery: They have lost the respect of most cachers, angaging in this in a normal fassion will be forever impossible for them.

Like most "brats" they are thriving on the attention and on the chaos they've learned they can cause. If we deprive them of this feed back and reward thier game is pointless, they will tire of it and more on.

I might be out of line in this thinking. I have no caches and have never known the of having one ruined. But I have known frustration in other areas in life from similar causes. It's never really worth the fight.

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"

If you were referring to me, or my post(s):

Nope, there's no challenge anymore. It's just my observation. You might refer to the thread in the Canada forum to see where some of this comes from, no point rehashing it here... but I think it's a pretty dead issue. I'm taking another 15 days off the general forums real soon again...

If you were referring to the topic starter:

(Oops, sorry.) I do agree there seems to be two 'brands of pirates'. The truly anarchist ones that play by no rules at all, and the semi-anarchist ones that want to run and/or enjoy the other para-site and it's offerings.

The truly anarchistic ones will pop up like a bad ad now and again, while the semi-anarchistic ones on the para-site will get bored once the uproar meets its eventual fate of being buried 4 or 5 pages from here...

quote:
Originally posted by Touchstone:

quote:
Originally posted by Cupajo:

Yay! Another thread about priates! Thank God! It's been, what, a whole fourteen minutes since the last one?

What's a priate? Some kind of fish?

oops

Caching without music is like swimming without water.

Trashing their caches would put you on their level...

Physical violence would be a far more reasonable solution.

Maybe break an arm and a leg so that it will be difficult

to get to a cache, and even if they still get to one, opening

it would be even more difficult. If that doesn't work, make

it two pairs of broken limbs.

If you must damage thier cache... just take the contents and

leave the charred remains of the container so they will

know it wasn't accidentally mistaken for litter.

I have a better idea -- be pro-active. Pull all of your caches except one. Post its location on the forum and put our your challenge to pirates again. Then camp out near the cache and when a pirate tries to take it, grab the pirate, and make him walk the plank on the nearest bridge or boat. That will teach them. icon_wink.gif

Now for a serious response -- If you really do not like pirates, why start a new thread about them and focus yet more attention?

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Syn:

And I dont care if my caches gets targeted now because of it...if you want to play games with peoples caches, then I am more than happy to play games with yours by permanently removing them and hucking them into the nearest garbage.

Just hope area caches don't start turning up missing with a little note that says, "You can thank Syn for this cache going missing. He shouldn't have started this war. Condolences on your loss. BTW, his user number is xxxxx. Why don't you email him with your thoughts on the loss of your cache?"

This hobby only survives on the inherent goodness of people. Create someone with a mission and the cache population in a large area could be destroyed.

The answer is NOT retaliation.

...unless, of course, you don't care for geocaching, anymore.

let me add my money:

Syn, do you feel better now that you said what you said. You could have said the most vile and wretched of threats to the "pirates" and it wouldn't have changed anything. Some people just don't know much about message boards. Topics like these don't help any poster at all...

Oh and se7en, I bet you think you're real hot stuff with an "authentic" sock puppet account. You're a real winner... tired.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by pnew:

Oh and se7en, I bet you think you're real hot stuff with an "authentic" sock puppet account. You're a real winner...

Sir, what's with the personal attack?

Let me refer you to my stance HERE.

Plus, I believe there is a post floating around somewhere that states "benign" sockpuppets are fine.

Thank you for your attention.