Way to appeal???

I've not placed a cache, nor am i an approver, but here's my opinion. You have a just right to feel your cache was removed unfairly, but I would first look at the reason it was removed. Were there prhibited items in the cache, by the guidelines or illegal type of items by law? Was the cache in a location that it was allowed to be? Did you have permission to have it there? Was the cache in good repair? Was it functional? Was it a good sealing contianer? Was it affecting the natural surroundings? Where you contacted about the cache and the reason first? You should be contacted before it was archived. If you weren't contacted, then I would suggest that you make sure they had your correct contact info. Have others been emailing you and telling you problems with it? Were the coordinates correct? Where people finding it? Was it being properly maintained? I imagine there could be many many reasons for it's archival. If you know the reason why it was archived and you have checked with the guidelines and there is nothing it violated there, then I would contact your approver and see what the problem is. Good luck. If you are comfortable with it, then post the link and let others see if they can point out the reason, perhaps the approver will see it or whoever archives them and give and answer.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

http://www.woodsters.com

quote:
Originally posted by Bubba Cache:

If a cache you put out has been archived, and you feel it was unfair, is there anyway to appeal it?

Yes, start with whoever archived the cache, if you can't convince them. Then move to the forums or Jeremy.

Was this an old cache?

Just fix whatever the reason it was archived for and notify the approver. They'll be able un-archive it for you.

Was this a new cache?

Make sure you've read all the FAQs, articles, placing a cache and etc. items. Theres no point in arguing with the approver that you don't have to follow the same rule as everyone else(unless you just like to argue).

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

Alright Welch, now I stated it was only an argument to the person who didn't agree or lets say doesn't agree with the mission of the discussion...lol icon_wink.gif

Took that comment personal did you? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Not at all, but I know who you were referring too...just making light of the subject....

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

I actually meant it more generally than just you, but it does apply IMO. icon_razz.gif

quote:

I've not placed a cache, nor am i an approver, but here's my opinion.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

http://www.woodsters.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh boy, what a statement to make in here......sheesh. Usually people state their opinions along with their qualifications to give their statements credibility with those who might consider those opinions when forming their own. Somehow, I think you missed the mark.

Just my humble opinion.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I have emailed Bubba Cache again with some alternatives.

I am the one who reviewed his cache.

You can cut and paste your cache description in the forums and let others look at what your cache was about. The other methods that welch described work very well too. It was a new cache submission.

quote:
Originally posted by Breaktrack:

Oh boy, what a statement to make in here......sheesh. Usually people state their opinions along with their qualifications to give their statements credibility with those who might consider those opinions when forming their own. Somehow, I think you missed the mark.

Now I owe you TWO beers!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

quote:

Now I owe you TWO beers!

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

I am but your humble servant.....

But I will accept the beers....lol.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:

Just my humble opinion.

LOL Breaktrack, don't forget those who make an effort to remind others of their numbers to enhance that credibility as well.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

I have emailed Bubba Cache again with some alternatives.

I am the one who reviewed his cache.

You can cut and paste your cache description in the forums and let others look at what your cache was about. The other methods that welch described work very well too. It was a new cache submission.

Thanks Mtn-man for letting us know that it was a new submission.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

Please note that this is by NO MEANS a slap to mtn-man. I just happen to disagree with him. I appreciate all those who volunteer their time to proof the caches befor ethey go public. It is just that I feel I have followed the rules and therefore the cache should be approved. Here's the whole story including the cache description

This is the cache description:

"This place holds a ton of my best memories. Make sure you look around before leaving. This "cache" is brand new. It is very symbolic to its location. Not something you see everyday. To confirm your visit, e-mail me what is etched into the statue, at the very bottom. NOT on the pedestal, but on the statue itself. A great place to "plan your future". Considered by some to be extremely haunted, has a cemetary on it (you'll understand why this is odd when you get there), was all-female at one point, oldest homecoming tradition in the US, BEAUTIFUL esp during the fall."

My question is what rule did I break. Mtn-man says virtuals must be unique. Has he ever been to mine? How does he know it's not unique? I asked him in an e-mail what I could add to help it pass. He just said there were hundreds of statues in Atlanta and everyone of them couldn't have a cache. I live in Birmingham, there aren't hundreds of them here, I guess we are art backwards, LOL. My points are:

Should an "approver's" ( i guess that is the title, not sure)opinion influence their decision?

If I have followed all rules, shouldn't my cache be approved.

I feel this statue is unique, heck its a pair of 18 foot hands. I have only put out 2 other caches so it's not like I place a thousand dumb ones out. I don't want to whine, I just don't want to have to have someone else shut my cache down because our taste are different. Rules are posted, I follow them when I put out a cache. Qouted from this website

but is it fair to let others decide what is

God bless you and your family,

Team Bubba Cache

Sorry, I believe time expired on me. So to continue....

Quoted from this website - "A virtual cache must be novel, of interest to other players, and have a special historic, community or geocaching quality that sets it apart from everyday subjects. Items that would be in a coffee table book are good examples."

My cache is novel or unique, I am sure it will interest some, the community it is in does take pride in this site and it is special to them. Please tell me where I am wrong. If I am, I will admit it.

Team Bubba Cache

I lived in B'ham for 12 years Bubba. I remember several around UAB from many years ago and some downtown and on and on. They are out there. I am sort of an art nut so I do notice more than the average bear I guess.

I have a great POW monument within a mile of me. I don't think of it as a virtual cache. It's a great target for a multi though. A city near me has a great Veteran's Memorial too. It is beautiful, but not a virtual.

An example of one that I did approve the other day is a monument in a cemetery. It made me go "wow!". It was extremely unique and unusual.

THE MYSTERY AND HISTORY CACHE The ball described in Mystery #1 is a well-known item and experts have come in to analyze the ball. None have been able to explain it. The rest of the items are a type of cache that would not have been approved, but the mystery of the ball is one of the more amazing things I have ever seen. It made me go "wow" and I unarchived the cache.

One that made me go "wow" about it was one out in CA in San Jose'. Fouts created the cache, but put a small micro near the sculpture. It was an amazing piece of art right on a busy street corner and had a bus stop right next to it, yet he pulled off a great micro. He archived that cache but it was a great one.

To me the target in this cache is just another statue.

This one is on the campus of Montevallo. I am just afraid that it would be discovered. Believe me, I prefer caches that are traditional, then micros, then virtual. There is ALOT of foot traffic by this one. I may go back and look this weekend or next to see ifthere is any way I can disguise a micro. I recently got alot of ideas on disguising caches from a previous post.

Thanks again.

Team Bubba Cache

quote:

Just my humble opinion.

http://www.texasgeocaching.com

I never state my qualifications. Anyone who stands on their laurals to me is just looking to impress people. A good answer speaks for itself and a bad answer will be found out.

Renegade Knight, GeoPHD

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

quote:

Just my humble opinion.

http://www.texasgeocaching.com

I never state my qualifications. Anyone who stands on their laurals to me is just looking to impress people. A good answer speaks for itself and a bad answer will be found out.

Renegade Knight, GeoPHD

Hehehe, okay, so maybe you guys are not getting the point I intended. I did not mean you should "state your numbers" or tell us your qualifications before you post... my point was that Woodster seemed to be going out of his way to tell the opposite, that he had absolutely NOTHING to base an opinion on, but here it is anyway...LOL. Sorry for the confusion.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif