Geocaching T-shirt spotted on David Letterman.

As I was flipping through the channels just now, I happened to catch a David Letterman bit, where a guy who I think was playing a carpenter(?) was wearing the white short sleeve 'Cache in Trash out' t-shirt.

Nice little advertisement there. icon_smile.gif

My time, your time is limited, but time itself is unlimited.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

He wasn't playing a carpenter.

I can think of just too many funny plays on this - but seeing as I'll be camping on the site next to Harrald's this weekend at the Cheesequake cache event and don't want to find his van parked on top of my tent....I'll refrain! icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by HartClimbs:

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

He wasn't playing a carpenter.

I can think of just too many funny plays on this - but seeing as I'll be camping on the site next to Harrald's this weekend at the Cheesequake cache event and don't want to find his van parked on top of my tent....I'll refrain! icon_razz.gif

Notice i haven't made any jokes either?

I'm sharing his site. My mamma didn't raise no fool!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Thanks to people I met at Red Rock and Rolls, I was able to buy a vowel, and knew the scoop on this one. We stayed up to watch the TV. When I saw the CITO shirt, I screamed so loudly that the cat got spooked, and scratched up TaranWanderer's leg as she jumped the hell out of the couch.

I guess my point is: Who can we sue for the injury?

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

I fell asleep on the couch, and missed the show. I guess I am too old to be in the Old Boys Club.

MissJenn, you would probably want to retain a non-narcoleptic lawyer. (Maybe that's why they call me 'Lep'??)

JUDGE: Then it's settled? There is no objection to imposing the death penalty in this trespassing geocacher case?

ME: zzzzzzzzzzzz

GEOCACHER: Hey! I want a real lawyer!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

Mopar, my sincere sympathies... I had no idea that you were abandoned as a child.

Yes, it's effected me deeply, and I feel it has much to do with my compulsion for cuddling little green elves in my sleep.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Thank goodness I brought my kevlar-plated sleeping bag to last weekend's event cache campout. Anyone thinking of sharing a tent with Mopar should strongly consider buying one of these, or borrowing mine. Unless you're bigger than Mopar and can just swat him away.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

Glad someone brought this up. I had to work last night and put in a tape so I wouldn't miss CSI. I left it running and had actually watched the scenes just prior and just after that bit. I guess I went to check e-mail or get a drink while it was on. Just went back and saw it on the tape.

Too bad I don't have the right tools or I'd get a screen cap of it. My shirt is very nice for the $4 I paid for it. People always ask what it means.

-beatnik-

Yeah. That was a good way to end a long day of caching.

I had spent too much time caching in the Ozarks, between Norfork and Bull Shoals lakes, to make it back to the area where I was supposed to set up camp. I ended up getting a cheap motel room and writing up my logs for the day.

Still in my sweaty, stinky CITO shirt, Letterman opened the mailbag and has Harold answer the first letter. I glanced up and had a Keanu Reeves moment. 'Whoa!'

Quite spiffy.

I have captured still of CITO t-shirt filled out by carpenter. Hmmm I do I share that.

She said, "Give up caching, or don't come home." Dang I am gonna miss her!

[This message was edited by geofred on May 19, 2003 at 09:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by geofred on May 19, 2003 at 10:03 AM.]