Adult Geocaching?

Guest NJcacher

GC1CBQF

I had to have my gf's 4 year old nephew help me with this one. It's bee so long since I said any of the nursery rhymes. Unfortunately, I only know the "adult" versions of them.

Hmm... I know the first 3 lines to a lot of nursery rhymes, but that's it. I blame the song "Throw It out the Window", which I often use when I lead campfire singing. The verses go like this:

Jack and Jill went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water

Jack fell down and broke his crown

And threw it out the window

Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard

To get her poor dog a bone

When she got there the cupboard was bare

She threw it out the window

And so on. Each verse, I let one of the kids choose the next nursery rhyme. I'm prepared for just about any nursery rhyme they call out, but I only need to know the first 3 lines, so that's usually all I know.

LOL! You are SERIOUSLY broken, my friend! :lol:

On the contrary, my four-legged friend, W would tell you that this is a classic!

I have a LARGE cache I'll be hiding at some point, in an effort to get rid of some of my excess breweriana. Not really appropriate trade items for kids (at least in countries where some people might get thier knickers in a knot over seeing a 10 year old wearing a shirt promoting an ale not of the ginger variety.)

I'd consider that more age-specific.

There was one just published in the parking lot of an adult bookstore - GC3K671

The first 2 logs are NA's. Should it be allowed?

LOL, posting an NA, complaining about the inappropriateness of the cache/location, but more than willing to go back and claim FTF.

:rolleyes:

Phhhttt. Hypocrites.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

There was one just published in the parking lot of an adult bookstore - GC3K671

The first 2 logs are NA's. Should it be allowed?

LOL, posting an NA, complaining about the inappropriateness of the cache/location, but more than willing to go back and claim FTF.

:rolleyes:

Phhhttt. Hypocrites.

B.

I have to agree with the above statement. Pfffftttt hypocrites.

it kills me how some want to complain about how inappropriate a cache is but still think they must get that all mighty smiley. there are 2 NAs posted now and both found the cache before they posted their NAs. Got to keep that map clean and those numbers climbing above all else. from the pic on the cache page it looks like the store is in a decent part of town and people are just complaining because they have nothing better to do

Boy most of you are stuffy and lame. I think adult geocaching would be awesome fun. That kind of thing would EXPLODE the popularity and make for some reallllly fun finds. I totally understand family and adult caches and it would have to be totally obvious which caches are adult, maybe a special web site or login or whatever.... not available to the general public even. Anyone who frowns on this is against free speech. If you don't like it then you don't have to go to adult caches, period. I'm not even saying I would do it, but it should certainly be allowed. So again, the idea is neat, I can see teens and some adults having a lot of fun doing it. I don't think this currently exists though. Bye, bye and lighten up folks, goecaching is a lot of fun, don't get all self-righteous about it though.

Edited by M&MsTreasure

I've always wanted to do a cigar cache. Just on a beautiful view, after a long hike, you open it up and there's a cigar, cutter and some matches waiting for you, making you sit for 45-60 minutes and enjoy a cigar and the view.

My favorite part of a long hike.

I'd be ticked though if I'm dropping in a Cohiba and find that everyone traded down to Dutch Masters. :laughing: