What about this idea for a Locationless Cache

nikcap

In light of the Place a Cache to Log a Cache Thread and the a recent thread in the NE forum Desperado reins supreme in Northern NJ!, and the numerous benchmark recovery caches found on the lacationless page.

How about a locationless cache that encourages cache seekers to find a already exsisting cache. The only condition is: the found cache has to have been unfound for six months (or three months, one year, 100 days, or some extended period of time.)

In relation to This Thread, you can get credit for re-finding a cache that appears to be abandoned by the owner and has been claimed unfound by other users.

Personally, I like finding caches that haven't been found for a while, some times they are more challenging because the path to the cache has grown back.

What d'ya think?

Place a real cache and put clues to it in existing caches. Here is an example of one I placed near me: All 4 One 1 For All

Some of the caches I put clues in were only found infrequently before and this has increased activity a lot.

Rusty...

--------------------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends cache locationless!

Rusty & Libby's Geocache Page

Michigan Geocaching Organization

quote:
Originally posted by ~erik~:

I'm afraid we can't post a "cache" that consists solely of recognizing someone for finding another cache. The same would hold true for other milestone events like finding your one-hundredth cache. Sorry!

erik - geocaching.com admin

WHAT?! you no likea the two-fo-one idea? icon_confused.gif

Comon! it could really help my found count icon_eek.gif

whack.gif

icon6.gif

Here