I've lost a friend and we've lost a fellow geocacher.

beckerbuns

Geocacher manstone (Scott) a dear family friend of mine, to whom I introduced geocaching several months ago, lost his life yesterday when trying to save a fellow kayaker.

The news article is here.

I understand that Scott attended a couple of Fresno geocaching dinner events. He also came to Joani's Buggy Birthday Bash here in San Jose.

Please keep his girlfriend Carol and his two teenaged children in your thoughts.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

Geocaching blog

San Jose, CA

Don't know him, or even know of him. Tragic loss - for both family and friends. My thoughts will be with them.

OTOH, he died doing exactly what his profile said he loved doing. I can think of many worse ways to die, but few better.

My best to the survivors.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Very tragic. Very sad. The world has lost another hero. My thoughts go to his family and friends. Hopefully one day their grief, will be overcome by the immense, well deserved pride that they will have for this man.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me. geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by Cooter13:

icon_frown.gif

Deepest sympathy to your loss. Please accept my condolences. How about a memorial cache for your friend?

See the happy moron

He doesn't give a da**

I wish I were a moron

My God, perhaps I am

Author Unkown

Great idea!

What better way to honor and remember him? Set up a theme cache with trade items based on his interests and life (outside of caching).

I think this would be a fitting memorial (or course I didn't know him).

I met Scott at our last Fresno geocaching event. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=69081&log=y&decrypt=

He is seated, at the center of the picture, just left of the little girl in purple.

Scott was fairly new at geocaching back then. He even forgot to log his find at the event. Scott's first geocache hide was near where he died. I haven't been out there yet, but I will be going soon to pay my respects to him. He is a brave man.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on the snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken,

in the morning's hush,

I am the soft uplifting rush of

quiet birds in circled flight,

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I did not die."

May his soul live on. My deepest condolences to Scott's family, his girlfriend and all of those who loved him. He was a brave and courageous man.

Planet