Browser Crashing

Is anyone else having trouble with their browser crashing while perusing Geocache detail pages?

I'm using IE 6 on a PC and I'm fine as long as I just look at the list pages, but if I click on a specific cache, the images all disappear and my browser won't display any other websites, nothing. If I reboot it is okay, but how often should I have to do that?

Anybody else have this issue.

RedwoodRed

How much red would a redwood red if a redwood could red wood?

When the new site first came up, I was really excited. Then I tried accessing it with my usual browser (Mozilla Firebird 0.6). Crash. Crash. Crash.

It's gotten better since, but the new site appears to be running Microsoft's .NET architecture, which tends to be VERY fussy about browsers (or, more to the point, browsers tend to be very fussy about .NET). I would update your Windows and IE6 with all of the latest updates (windowsupdate.microsoft.com) and probaby load the .NET framework as well.

I broke down and visited the micro$opp update site, and I guess I've been lacking in my personal hygiene, er, maintenance.

Turns out I needed something like 29 updates! I think twenty-eight of those were for IE alone. What that says about the single most popular item of software used on the internet isn't good. But on the other hand, I see what Netscape does to code and I hate it... but we probably shouldn't even go there. Would probably end up in some kind of "Ford vs. Chevy" brawl...

Thanks for the suggestion! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The GeoGadgets Team:

Is anyone else having trouble with their browser crashing while perusing Geocache detail pages?

I'm using IE 6 on a PC and I'm fine as long as I just look at the list pages, but if I click on a specific cache, the images all disappear and my browser won't display any other websites, nothing. If I reboot it is okay, but how often should I have to do that?

Anybody else have this issue.

RedwoodRed

How much red would a redwood red if a redwood could red wood?

depending on your os the problem may actually be ie6, win98/me/2000 often have diffiuclty with ie6 and some techs in my area suggest ie5.5 for these os.

'Get to the point---speak English!!!!'

I have had the crash happen a few times when I log in, and since I seem to have to log in everytime I come to this site. And yes I do check remember me, I have cookies enabled, but the site never remembers me. I am guessing maybe because I am on about 4 different machines checking this site.

I bought a GPS. Now I get lost with style.