OFF THE TOPIC ROOM

mommy#1

I have noticed that we need a post just for off the topic conversations.

Between my dad "Majicman" and all his buddies.

I don't know who is worse about changing the topic or messing up the conversation string.

Well here we have it Ladies and Gent's here's the "OFF THE TOPIC ROOM!" Now who wants to start off first? I think I will!

I think everyone knows by now that Majicman and I (Mommy#1) are related. I'm sorry to say, but we are. And it all started off like this:

He says that he was out driving one day and found a very unusual rock. So he stopped to take a look and found me under it. So he picked me up and took me home cuz he wanted to give me a loving home to grow up in, and he felt sorry for me.

But the other funny thing is my mom tells me that she found him under the same rock and decided to take him home because she felt sorry for him.

I guess being married for 26 years she got use to him and she often says to him that no one else would take him.

I have only been married for 3 years so I don't know what it's like yet. My husband acts like a child anyway so I guess he's no different from my father.

Mommy#1

Meet STITCH, GEOSTITCH "there's one in every family".

So I had this dream last night that I was on the way to work, and stopped at a Qwik-E-Mart to get a cup of coffee. As I walked around to the front of the building, a fire truck was parked out front, and a fireman was helping an 80-something-year-old lady along the sidewalk out front. She was having trouble breathing.

Weird dream.

Then I had another dream a little later. I was on the way to work, and stopped at a Qwik-E-Mart to get a cup of cofee. As I walked around to the front of the building, a fire truck was parked out front, and a fireman was helping a 60-something-year-old lady along the sidewalk out front. She was having trouble breating. I thought to myself, ''Wow. That's weird. That's just like the dream I had last night.'' Then I went in the store.

I only wanted a 12 ounce cup of coffee, but I couldn't find the 12 ounce cups. I asked the guy behind the counter, and he pointed me to where the dispenser they were in.

They looked like 12 ounce cups, so I pulled one out of the dispenser. To my surprise, they we really tall 30 ounce cups. The dispenser was labeled with the 12 ounce price, so I got coffee in it anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

'''I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)'' -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

So I had this dream last night that I was on the way to work, and stopped at a Qwik-E-Mart to get a cup of coffee. As I walked around to the front of the building, a fire truck was parked out front, and a fireman was helping an 80-something-year-old lady along the sidewalk out front. She was having trouble breathing.

Weird dream.

Then I had another dream a little later. I was on the way to work, and stopped at a Qwik-E-Mart to get a cup of cofee. As I walked around to the front of the building, a fire truck was parked out front, and a fireman was helping a 60-something-year-old lady along the sidewalk out front. She was having trouble breating. I thought to myself, ''Wow. That's weird. That's just like the dream I had last night.'' Then I went in the store.

I only wanted a 12 ounce cup of coffee, but I couldn't find the 12 ounce cups. I asked the guy behind the counter, and he pointed me to where the dispenser they were in.

They looked like 12 ounce cups, so I pulled one out of the dispenser. To my surprise, they we really tall 30 ounce cups. The dispenser was labeled with the 12 ounce price, so I got coffee in it anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

'''I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)'' -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

What have you been smoking before you go to bed to make you have some wierd dreams. I would like to know what it is that your smoking and where can I get some at? Yes, Our minds play very strange games on us and make us dream of some very unusual things sometimes.

Mommy#1Jones Family Web

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

Was there a topic?

I gotta tell ya... sometimes I just make up my own.

Is that wrong?

No, there wasn't a topic that's the whole idea of this room. This is a topicless room where you can talk about anything you please. That's why I made it up. Because people wanted a post where they could talk about things off topic and different. So I thought I would be the first to create one.

Mommy#1

Jones Family Web

quote:
Originally posted by Mommy#1:

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

Was there a topic?

I gotta tell ya... sometimes I just make up my own.

Is that wrong?

No, there wasn't a topic that's the whole idea of this room. This is a topicless room where you can talk about anything you please. That's why I made it up. Because people wanted a post where they could talk about things off topic and different. So I thought I would be the first to create one.

Mommy#1

http://www.jonesfamilyweb.homestead.com/main

Ooo..., I don't want to be ugly, but.... you weren't the first.

Baddda Boom

... Less Filing! I never know which one I should go with.

Of course, I've always had a hard time not eating all of the green M&M's in the bag first, even if it is a one pounder! Go figure...

Is that OT enough? Or should I continue to obfuscate?

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda, Jedi Master from Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

quote:
Originally posted by Dawgies:

Your website has your travel bug's picture with the number visible.

BAD MOMMY! hehehehe

It no bother me any, but, there are some around here that would rip you for it.... but, I won't tell anyone, OK?

http://www.jonesfamilyweb.homestead.com/Other.html

icon_razz.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

Sorry about that I will take care of it. I was still very new to the sport and didn't know. I will remove asap.

Mommy#1

quote:

BAD MOMMY! hehehehe

It no bother me any, but, there are some around here that would rip you for it.... but, I won't tell anyone, OK?

icon_razz.gif

Sorry about that I will take care of it. I was still very new to the sport and didn't know. I will remove asap.

Mommy#1

quote:

quote:

BAD MOMMY! hehehehe

icon_razz.gif

Mommy#1

I'm new too! Don't be sorry.... We live and we learn. I would have done it myself if I hadn't of watched someone be eaten alive over. I'm just being playful! icon_smile.gif

quote:

quote:

BAD MOMMY! hehehehe

icon_razz.gif

Mommy#1

I'm new too! Don't be sorry.... We live and we learn. I would have done it myself if I hadn't of watched someone be eaten alive over. I'm just being playful! icon_smile.gif

Mommy#1 asked

quote:
What have you been smoking before you go to bed to make you have some wierd dreams

Nothing, honest! I just have really disjointed strange dreams sometimes, like the time we tried to drive up an 80° slope on Interstate 5. The other cars (and big trucks) didn't have a problem, but we rolled backwards. Turns out we had a cat inside of our engine.

It's unusual for me to have a dream about a previous dream, though.

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

I just have really disjointed strange dreams sometimes, like the time we tried to drive up an 80° slope on Interstate 5.

This doesn't sound so strange... they need to do something about the potholes around here too!

And,since I recently switched from a minivan to an SUV, I notice every little bump in the road.

Support your local rescue team.... Get Lost!

as long as were not on the subject.....

Walking Stick, your.... "Support your local rescue team.... Get Lost!" , reminded me of "INS Missions"...that was when we were "interfering with natural selection".........

It's not about the mistakes we make, it's about what we learn from them....

--serious--

I am still waiting on a good recipe for pinepple upside down cake. I love it, but my wife doesn't have a good recipe...

--seriousness ending--

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

8 Tablespoons Butter

1 cup Brown sugar (firmly packed)

6 Slices of pineapple

3 Eggs, separated

1 1/2 cups Sugar

1/2 cups Pineapple juice

1 1/2 cups Cake flour

1/4 teaspoon Salt

1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder

1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Melt butter and brown sugar in 9 inch heavy iron fry pan (I use

a square baking pan) until bubbly and smooth.

Add pineapple to cover the bottom of the pan.

Beat egg yolks until light yellow.

Add sugar, pineapple juice, flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla;

mix well.

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.

Fold egg whites into batter gently.

Pour batter over pineapple.

Bake at 450 F for 5 minutes.

Reduce temperature to 350 F and bake for about 45 minutes

longer or until cake tests done.

Turn upside down onto serving plate.

Yield: 8 servings

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

The only thing worse than a woman who can cook but won't is a woman who can't cook but will.

Since we've turned into the cooking channel, I don't suppose you have an award winning seafood newburg recipe up your sleeve? A man can only eat boiled/steamed seafood so many times before it gets old.

I spent some time cleaning out the garage today and I found an unopened gallon of DEX-Cool anti-freeze formulated specifically for GM cars. And I don't even own a GM car.

I guess this means no more middle of the night drunken trips to Pep Boys for me.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

DEX-Cool is about the worst idea GM ever came up with! Every vehicle I have seen with it has crystallization / sludging problems. I've never had that problem because real men drive Mopar.

However, if urine was sold (or attemped to be sold?) on ebay for drug testing reasons, and Jeff Nelson of the Mariners tried to sell bone fragments from his arm, and bid got over $20,000 before ebay stopped the auction for some reason, then I'd think DEX-Cool could make a few bucks!

I am not sure about "Award Winning" but will you settle for simply scrumptious?

SHRIMP NEWBURG

Serves 4-6

4 tablespoons butter

1/2 onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

6 tablespoons flour

3 cups milk

4 tablespoons dry sherry

Worcestershire sauce

Salt and pepper

Tabasco sauce

1 pound shrimp, cooked

1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms

3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Melt butter; saute onion and garlic until tender.

Add flour; mix well.

Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.

Cook until sauce thickens; add sherry and seasonings to taste.

In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, mushrooms, eggs, and parsley.

Add sauce along with 1/4 cup cheese to shrimp mixture; mix well.

Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.

Dot with butter.

Bake 10 minutes, until slightly browned on top.

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

I just got an email to my geocaching e-address from some 'person' trying to get me to join their noble 'cause'. It was a very long letter, with instructions on how to find the information required to join their 'cause'. They would not give precise directions, so as to avoid too much negative email responses!

How one finds their website is: in the email is a list of words. One goes to a search engine (I used Google) and types in two of the words in any random order, noting the top so-many search hits. They state that there are seven true combinations of words. I found their site within 10 attempts (hey, I'm a geocacher! I can't turn down a puzzle!) and it spews the same rhetoric that the email did so I know I've hit pay dirt.

I'm disturbed, 1) because this was sent to an email address I use solely for Geocaching, 2) the person who sent it might be a fellow geocacher, and God help me, I don't want to meet this person while hunting a cache!

Has anyone else received something similar with the title in the subject column of "Fakes"?

Just curious...

RedwoodRed

My wife had a dream the other night. I had just bought her a new horse and told her to ride it to the assembly we were having at high school. The horse ended up stepping on her toes and one of the other characters in her dream told her to just punch it - as that was the only way to get the horse to move. She hauls off and whacks it.

At the same time, that little paralizing agent that makes us not physically act out what's happening in our dreams shuts down on my wife. She wakes up to the muffled "UNGNGHHH!" of her husband being whapped in the stomach.

At least, that's the story she's telling me. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

My wife had a dream the other night. I had just bought her a new horse and told her to ride it to the assembly we were having at high school. The horse ended up stepping on her toes and one of the other characters in her dream told her to just punch it - as that was the only way to get the horse to move. She hauls off and whacks it.

At the same time, that little paralizing agent that makes us not physically act out what's happening in our dreams shuts down on my wife. She wakes up to the muffled "UNGNGHHH!" of her husband being whapped in the stomach.

At least, that's the story she's telling me. icon_wink.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by Pid:

Badgers, yes Badgers aren't they just lovely and furry little minxes.

Watch out its a Golfcourse... (Team Dan and Pid)

Badgers? Badgers?!

We don't need no STINKIN' BADGERS!!!

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)

quote:
Originally posted by brdad: ...... real men drive Mopar.
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

I dont know if I want ANY men driving me, except MAYBE that super-hunk, Eric O'Conner.

That Eric O'Connor sure knows his stuff!

Majicman, now that's a hunk-o-hunk of grade-A, geocaching, photographing, scaring the bajeezus out of small children while out hiking in drag, manly-man. Or is that ClayJar I'm thinking of? I get them so easily confused.

A newlywed couple is spending one of their first nights together after the honeymoon. 7AM comes around and the alarm clock goes off. The husband reaches up to hit the snooze button...

WHAM! the wife punches the husband right in the face and rolls away from him. Dazed and confused, the husband lays there wondering what happened last night to so anger his new bride.

5 minutes later the alarm goes off again...

WHAM, she punches him in the ear this time....

The husband laying there, not quite putting 2 and 2 together, but almost awake now...

Well, finally HER alarm goes off, and she rolls over, balls up a fist, and beats that annoying beeping sound back with a single blow...

Guys, before that first night, make note of which side of the bed she keeps her alarm clock...

Man that Shrimp Newburg looks good, I'll have to try it.

Try this one out, I make 2 40 qt. pots of it every year before Christmas for the guys at work. Three years ago I skipped it because I thought maybe they were getting tired of the same thing, so I made Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya instead. Now I have to make a 40 of each.

KEILBASA SAUSAGE SOUP

1 head cabbage, chopped

3 pounds keilbasa sausage, sliced bite size

2 cups onions, chopped

6 potatoes, cubed small

2 10 3/4 ounce cans beef broth

2 10 3/4 ounce cans beef consumè

2 15 oz. cans red kidney beans

2 cups catsup

2 teaspoons black pepper

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons garlic powder

Combine all ingrediants in large pot.

Add water as desired (1 qt. +-)

Slow cook over low to medium heat until cabbage and potatoes are done.

Yeilds approx. 7 quarts

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

My wife had a dream the other night. ... The horse ended up stepping on her toes and one of the other characters in her dream told her to just punch it - as that was the only way to get the horse to move. She hauls off and whacks it.

Is her favorite movie star by any chance "Mongo?"

So, I work for this tool company in customer service. I was talking to a customer in Las Vegas the other day and I made some off hand comment about Area 51 being nearby. I quickly corrected myself and said "Oh wait...I forgot...Area 51 doesn't really exixt. icon_wink.gif"

There was this long pause and the customer said...."Oh, yes it does." It was his tone that let me know that he wasn't just going by what he had learned by watching X-Files. So I start asking him carefully selected questions. (Big brother you know)

Turns out he has been there! He's got an extremely high clearence level to do some work on the base. His line of work is Commercial Refridgeration!!! icon_eek.gif

So I had to ask if he helped to keep the aliens frozen. There was this long pause and then he changed the subject!

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??