Show Your Support for Our Troops...

I know a guy named Cameron who is a B-52 Pilot with the 96th Bombing Wing outta Barksdale AFB here in Louisiana. He is the Comander of a BUFF crew, flying bombing missions in support of our ground troops in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

For anyone interested, he has a Really Cool Photo Album goin on at Yahoo with pictures of him and his brave crew puting it all on the line for the day to day freedoms that we all take for granted.

Show them your support and check out his album at Cameron's Combat Album

In case anyone thinks this isnt a GPS related post, check out the pics of the GBU-32 JDAMs they are dropping on the enemy positions nightly.

for more info on the Bombs see JDAM

He is even carrying US flags we sent to them on thier missions, and they will be signed by the crews, and sent back to us later on, to be turned into travel bugs/traveling caches.

God Bles America..

Support our Troops..

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

I wonder if his pics are subject to censorship?

In any case, I thought it was cool to see the in-flight cockpit photos... and the refueling pics. I hope he's at least having some occasional fun over there.

Thanks for the link, Buck.

Jamie

Interesting, but I fail to see how looking at these sites "Supports" our troops.

If any of really want to support our troops, write them, send them supplies like baby wipes and snacks. Really support them. dont just look at a web site and think you are supporting the troops.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

quote:
Originally posted by Lapaglia:

Interesting, but I fail to see how looking at these sites "Supports" our troops.

If any of really want to support our troops, write them, send them supplies like baby wipes and snacks. Really support them. dont just look at a web site and think you are supporting the troops.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

That was my intention......

Drop them a line, or post your support here, and ill forward them the URL.

Thanks..

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

Here is one thing we did...

http://www.hasselweems.com/rfa/photos/index.htm

There were 35,000 to 50,000 people there despite the dreary day and threat of rain. We gave some cash to the girl scouts and they sent the cookies to the troops. We signed two banners that went to two different divisions. Many signed postcards that went to other groups. If you follow the links to the pictures you will see them.

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

Here is one thing we did...

We gave some cash to the girl scouts and they sent the cookies to the troops.

After selling cookies with Sydnie's girl scouts, we sent a few cases of cookies to the troops too.

Kris

=============

If life gives you lemons, stuff them in your shirt to make your boobs look bigger!

Here is some more of their work.

Let's get it out of our heads that war is 'cool'. It is not ...it is killing, which is a nasty business ...and not the sanitized neatness being shown to us on CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Support the US troops, as they have no choice but to be there ...it's their job.

But make no mistake, what is going on in Iraq is nothing to be proud of. Many of our servicepeople will never be the same after the experience ...and will likely have trouble in the years to come, if not physically (as in Gulf War Syndrome), then mentally ...haunted by what they are seeing.

hey, i'll tip my hand here and say that i'm against war. not THIS war, but ALL war. i think the best way to support our troops is to bring them all home safely so they don't have to die on foreign soil, whether or not they FEEL good about it. let them hate me as long as they live. i hope they live a long time.

anyway, i'd just as well not see a recreational site taken up with this.i think in this sad time it is vitally important to laugh and dance and sing songs and play games.

geocaching is a GAME. (or a sport if you'd rather) let's keep the postings to the topic our our shared interest. if you want to stir up trouble, suggest more rules.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Sorry.This post is completely off-topic. There are plenty of other areas on the Internet where you can post about the war and have it change into a peace/war debate. Let's keep with the geocaching theme please.

Closing this thread.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™