Maximum number of waypoints encountered during a (multi-waypoint) cache

wx-man

Quantity and Quality do not compare... that I know.

Why I polled this question was to guage just what was the maximum number of waypoints were out there. Personally, for me (in my area) it's been no more than 3. Maybe there is one out there that exceeds 3, but I have not run across that one yet. I'm planning on hiding another multi-waypoint cache and wanted to know what the "common" maximum was out there. From my poll, I can see it exceeds 5... that I cannot believe!!! There are references that someone who located 14+ waypoints for a cache..., that's great! I'd do it... but I would think many others would deem it too much and not even set out to find the cache. This is great hearing different viewpoints on this... Maybe I should also poll "How many waypoints is too much?".

A

quote:
Originally posted by wx-man:

Maybe I should also poll "How many waypoints is too much?".

I think if you have seven or more waypoints, the hider should consider making two caches instead. There may be a great reason to have 8 or more waypoints, but at least consider spliting it in two.

quote:
Originally posted by glenn95630:

I think if you have seven or more waypoints, the hider should consider making two caches instead. There may be a great reason to have 8 or more waypoints, but at least consider spliting it in two.

I have a 15 stage multi cache which is built around a main theme. It's a tour through the countryside, and is a copy of a very old traditional tour. The original tour consists of 11 points. I had to ad a few to get in the starting point and some nice views along the way. If I would break it up, the idea behind the cache is all gone.

Gerard Broek

#922 #16FF #305C #38D4

quote:
Originally posted by glenn95630:

Chupy 4: The Walkabout (near San Diego)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=8733

You asked What is the most, you didn't ask what is the best. I would think that the quality and quantity don't correlate.

As the first person to find Chupy 4 the walkaround

I thought it was a very enjoyable cache.

It sat for almost two weeks and no one had attempted it. As I sat and signed the log I heard a noise behind me in the brush and out popped 3 people who had the same idea to try the cache on the same day just a little later.

Some times you wonder?