Cache under a bridge

Just wanted to run an Idea by the forum before putting much more thought into the placement.

We have a nearby paved walking trail that is about a mile or so long 1 way that goes under the bridge of a rather busy 4-lane road. The walking trail shares the bridge with small river/stream with stream going under the left side, and then there are some rocks, a railing dividing the rocks from the sidewalk, and then the concrete wall/bridge support on the right. (wish I had a pic handy)

Since its a about a mile walk from the bridge to the parking area I thought it would be neat to have someone driving along the road and see the distance go down to 0’ as they go over the bridge then have find the trail head. But with all the talk about the guy who put the cache near the tunnel and then had to pay restitution, and had his DL suspended thought I would see what others thought of the idea first. Thinking of calling it “don’t let the troll get ya”, “Don’t feed the Trolls” or “answer me these questions 3” (multistage)

What do you think?

Ramness, I elected not to do that with my "Briefcase Full of Blues" cache. One stage of the multicache is under a bridge, and the coords are on the net. I had a perfect place for it in some rocks and the briefcase would not have had to be in tupperware to keep it dry, but I decided against it. All that is there now is a one of the simple tags to help send you to the final cache spot. I just decided to take no chances on having my little briefcase "blowed up real good".

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!

Have you considered a microcache? It wouldn't "look" as intimidating. The hardest cache I ever found was a microcache hidden under a bridge. If your interested, drop me an e-mail and I'll fill you in on how it was hidden. It was cleaver! I'm going to use the idea myself soon and don't want to "spill the beans"

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

Ramness, I elected not to do that with my "Briefcase Full of Blues"

Yeah, I found an freeway operpass that was located in the corner of a local park, that crossed the erie canal, and had in idea to place a cache there, but after consideration, decided it was not the wisest idea.

I hadn't thought about a tag that will send them to the next spot. That might not be a bad idea. I will think about it.

In the GPS model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line...through creeks, thorn bushes, horse piles, whatever....

A micro cache under a bridge would be ok, but a regular sized cache under a bridge would be asking for trouble. You can almost bet it would get blown up.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

I have found 6 caches either under bridges or almost under them #1 is on I8 at the Pine Valley bridge it was not quite under the bridge but very close only thing you couldn't stop on the freeway, had to hike in maybe a mile.(ammo can) #2 was a little pathway in a city park in the middle of the bridge underneath (tupper ware} #3 small wooden train bridge tupperware #4 pedestrian bridge in Santa Ana micro (film canister) #5 another pedestrain suspension bridge Ammo can.#6 in Seal Beach under a roadway (nut jar?) I don't think any of them could have been found unless a person was searching for them.

In fact some people searching for some of them haven't found them yet. icon_biggrin.gif

I have found 6 caches either under bridges or almost under them #1 is on I8 at the Pine Valley bridge it was not quite under the bridge but very close only thing you couldn't stop on the freeway, had to hike in maybe a mile.(ammo can) #2 was a little pathway in a city park in the middle of the bridge underneath (tupper ware} #3 small wooden train bridge tupperware #4 pedestrian bridge in Santa Ana micro (film canister) #5 another pedestrain suspension bridge Ammo can.#6 in Seal Beach under a roadway (nut jar?) I don't think any of them could have been found unless a person was searching for them.

In fact some people searching for some of them haven't found them yet. icon_biggrin.gif