Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

I'd like to complain about the Washington drivers that enter the freeway doing 40mph, while yapping on their cell phone and steering with their knees so they can drink their latte and put on their makeup while merging across all lanes of traffic so they can get in the left lane. icon_mad.gif

First of all I'm usually the one stuck between them and the car they're merging in front of. They're usually driving a Yugo or some other small death trap. Why can't I just push them off the road and save us all a lot of grief.

Second, I have just one thing to say about the cell phones, FRIGGEN HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!

Third, why do they have to get in the far left lane? We even have signs saying "State law, slower traffic keep right" and no one pays any attention to them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm comlaining because of that Jeremy pose avatar someone called me Mr. Planet and now I have to change my avatar yet again! And my caption! And how come I'm the local expert on how to change an avatar?

upload, Log out log in, change avatar, log out log in. How hard is that?

And then.... AND THEN someone used my signature line so I had to go steal another one and change that too!

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

Yeah, I've been lucky with avoiding animals most of the time. I hit a deer a long time ago, and this was the only thing I've run down since then I think. I ran over a rabbit last spring, but it did one of those "under the car, but not under the tire" things where you see him go rolling down the road in your rear view mirror. My wife happened to be following me at the time, and she said he got up and hopped away after he shook away all the cobwebs. icon_smile.gif

The NEW Toe Pages

I wanna order a veeeeesssst! I can't! I also want to order some other stuff from the Groundspeak site and it still say there's nothing in my basket even though my order is up around $100.00. So I go to the alternative site and they don't HAVE the vests. I try this morning noon and night so I don't think time of day has much to do with it. What can I do?

Pray to TPTB?

Dear PTB,

Please help little old me!

Thank you,

Planet.

Cache you later,

Planet

How dare you come to this thread and ask "why complain" What are you thinking? Oh wait you weren't, thats very clear.

-

-

-

Just Kidding icon_wink.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I wanna complain about people who start a thread, get a conversation going - which then turns into a bit of a pissing match, and then they delete the original content of their post, and close the thread to anyone else that wants to comment.

Personally, I kinda liked the idea as stated in the original post, but now that he deleted it - nobody else reading that thread will know what they are talking about, or be able to form a fair opinion on it.

If you start a thread and you don't like what it has turned in to, just walk away.... no need to cover your tracks or have the whole thing locked down.

flag.gif

View The ToeCam

I hate it when people do that, or even better, they rename/edit a cache or TB mid-stroke so the a whole thread makes no SENSE!!

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I wanna complain about people who start http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=6770936793&m=2040962045 get a conversation going - which then turns into a bit of a pissing match, and then they delete the original content of their post, and close the thread to anyone else that wants to comment.

Personally, I kinda liked the idea as stated in the original post, but now that he deleted it - nobody else reading that thread will know what they are talking about, or be able to form a fair opinion on it.

If you start a thread and you don't like what it has turned in to, just walk away.... no need to cover your tracks or have the whole thing locked down.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/flag.gif http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/webcam/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Markwell me if this has already been suggested

The idea is to have a form which appears before the Hide a Cache form. This form would contain a series of yes/no questions, representative of the major points of the current guidelines. For example, "Did you receive permission from the landowner or managing agency for the cache location?".

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I hate it when people do that, or even better, they rename/edit a cache or TB mid-stroke so the a whole thread makes no SENSE!!

quote:

I wanna complain about people who start http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=6770936793&m=2040962045 get a conversation going - which then turns into a bit of a pissing match, and then they delete the original content of their post, and close the thread to anyone else that wants to comment.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/flag.gif http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/webcam/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Markwell me if this has already been suggested

The idea is to have a form which appears before the Hide a Cache form. This form would contain a series of yes/no questions, representative of the major points of the current guidelines. For example, "Did you receive permission from the landowner or managing agency for the cache location?".

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

I hate having enough free time at work to read through all 13 pages of a complaint thread icon_mad.gif

Gee, Team, hope you have a great job that makes you work on TFF day (Turkey, Food and Football).

And you, Blackjak, with the avatar test, I'm complaining that you're in the wrong thread.

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I get irritated when a topic goes to two pages. That's just extra clicking...... icon_mad.gif

What about 13 pages?

I know, but I figured out how to jump ahead to the most recent, so that particular complaint is now obsolete. icon_wink.gif

My complaint is: We had a wonderful 4 day Holiday/Weekend for caching! Had a whole agenda planned out and coords in the GPS. Had the car tuned up on Wednesday - but battery was low so mechanic advised getting a new one before we left town. Took it to WalMart for new battery - whatever they did - they FRIED the electrical system! Car still in ##WalMart parking lot - no car, no weekend, no caching! No turkey except those that hooked up jumper box to my car!

My mind keeps repeating - No caching this weekend, no caching this weekend! Can I sue for punitive damages for caches missed out on?

My complaint is: We had a wonderful 4 day Holiday/Weekend for caching! Had a whole agenda planned out and coords in the GPS. Had the car tuned up on Wednesday - but battery was low so mechanic advised getting a new one before we left town. Took it to WalMart for new battery - whatever they did - they FRIED the electrical system! Car still in ##WalMart parking lot - no car, no weekend, no caching! No turkey except those that hooked up jumper box to my car!

My mind keeps repeating - No caching this weekend, no caching this weekend! Can I sue for punitive damages for caches missed out on?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Trudy & The Beast:

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/costumes.jpg

Rubbertoe,

Is this your lovely significant other?

Yup, although she's usually a little more like http://community.webshots.com/photo/40243050/40243601yXjeLc

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/geobanana.gif http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

I hate it when people's links from 4 pages ago no longer work

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Thats right

then

OMGROTFLMFAOWSBATTSOMCAWTVATSTWRTCDT

Oh My God, Rolling On The Floor Laughing My F@#$ing @$$ Off While Sipping Beer And Trying to Type Sitting On My Couch And Watching TV At The Same Time Wilst Reading The Complaint Dept Thread.

Not too many people know that one.

Know I like that one...

newbie.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

I can't stand when people slam my well meaning threads and ruin them on the first post. Also the whole thread rating system needs to go.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for calling geocaching.com. To order merchandise, press 1, to log a find, press 2, to list a new cache, press 3, to repeat these options, press 9.

"Well I want to place a log in the forums and theres no option for that. Let me press zero to speak to customer service."

BEEP!

We're sorry but that is not a valid selection, please try again. Thank you for calling geocaching.com. To order merchandise, press 1, to log a find, press 2, to list a new cache, press 3, to repeat these options, press 9.

ETCETCETCETCETC!!!!!!!1

The only thing worse then Fricking VRU's are the ones that think zero means terminate my call. As if I didn't know to nhang up if that's what I wanted. and the one we have at Verizon is probably one of the 10 worst out there. Well actually, any telecommunications company VRU probably ranks among the 10 worst, a bit of irony I always savor when people complain to me about "how many buttons" they had to push.

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

It pisses me off when people give me attitude in a thread, when they don't really need to.

I mean, dadgum - I find it funny that they took a bug 1700 miles in the "wrong" direction, considering the bug wants to go west to Hawaii... I made a little post about it, and when I saw that they were getting upset - I just kinda made light of the situation, letting them know that it wasn't that big of a deal to me, and ended the post with a smile. They still come back with their pissy little "well, we will have to avoid your bugs" comments.

e@tm3pLs,kThNx. icon_rolleyes.gif

flag.gif

Deform My Head!

without even wishing him a fine howdeedo. Happy Belated Toe! I was celerating with you in Spirit(s).

I am also complaining becasue I thought I saved all the Mort photos and can't find them. At least I still have "When Mort Attacks".

Cache you later,

Planet

I wanna make a somewhat serious complaint about fairly innocent threads being locked down, just because they are "off topic" and not relating to geocaching.

I'm not sure if Jeremy was just in a bad mood or something when he was reading through the threads - but I didn't see any harm in that little "elite" thread. And, as for being off topic... I'd bet at least half of the posts in these forums aren't exactly about geocaching.

Yeah, I know... they are "his forums" and he can "do what he wants" and all that - but I just wanted to say I didn't really see the harm in that thread, that's all.

And tnx, planet, for the belated b-day wishes. icon_smile.gif

flag.gif

The Toe Pages

I wanna make a somewhat serious complaint about fairly innocent threads being locked down, just because they are "off topic" and not relating to geocaching.

I'm not sure if Jeremy was just in a bad mood or something when he was reading through the threads - but I didn't see any harm in that little "elite" thread. And, as for being off topic... I'd bet at least half of the posts in these forums aren't exactly about geocaching.

Yeah, I know... they are "his forums" and he can "do what he wants" and all that - but I just wanted to say I didn't really see the harm in that thread, that's all.

And tnx, planet, for the belated b-day wishes. icon_smile.gif

flag.gif

The Toe Pages

quote:
Originally posted by seeker bp (Team E-Trex):

I hate it when you get a speeding ticket on your way to a cache, and it keeps you from getting to that last cache you were searching!! I guess I should of been using the speedo on the GPS!! icon_biggrin.gif

I hate it when I get into an accident while caching. The good news is that my truck was still in fine driving condition so I finished hitting all of the caches I wanted to. Besides I also got the ticket since it was my fault.

This is old news though.

I hate, I hate, I HATE PETER PAN!. Oh wait. wrong rant. Oh here we go. I cant stand it when a bagel place or deli (or even Burger King) doesnt cut the sandwich in half fully thru. I go to take out my half a chicken cutlet & it's still connected at the bottom so I try to gently pull the bagel apart & it tearsm in half and now I've got one half a bagel sandwich with this extra piece of bagel bottom, and the other side has almost no bottom so the mayo & lettuce is dripping all over my hand and it's a giant oogy mess and the chicken will probably fall right out onto my lap or worse the floor. Is it asking too much to runthe knife clean thru plese?

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

I hate, I hate, I HATE PETER PAN!. Oh wait. wrong rant. Oh here we go. I cant stand it when a bagel place or deli (or even Burger King) doesnt cut the sandwich in half fully thru. I go to take out my half a chicken cutlet & it's still connected at the bottom so I try to gently pull the bagel apart & it tearsm in half and now I've got one half a bagel sandwich with this extra piece of bagel bottom, and the other side has almost no bottom so the mayo & lettuce is dripping all over my hand and it's a giant oogy mess and the chicken will probably fall right out onto my lap or worse the floor. Is it asking too much to runthe knife clean thru plese?

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

quote:

I wanna make a somewhat serious complaint about http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=3650971145 being locked down, just because they are "off topic" and not relating to geocaching.

there are plenty of forums that are off topic, though not always so noticably. I dont see what the harm was. I also don't see those threads being closed either....

quote:
I'm not sure if Jeremy was just in a bad mood or something

we;; look at his new avatar pic. he doesn't look like he's in a good mood if ya ask me.

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com