Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

I'd like to complain about this:

quote:
Planet wrote:

Super Alpha (or is that SuperDumb?) your post has been reported, we don't tolerate the intolerant here. Watch what you say and think twice before hitting send.

I don't think we should be tolerating the name calling -- especially when it is done so blatantly. And what about that statement about not tolerating the intolerant -- wow, how narrow minded is that? And then to cap it all off with a threat. Sheesh.

quote:
Originally posted by Crusso:

Just a little off topic but on the subject of revenge on annoying clerks... Go to a Dunkin Donuts... Order donuts.. Ask them what the little piece of waxed paper is for...

I like going to dunkin donuts drive-thru and asking them what kind of donuts they have and after they name off about 40 donuts, say could you please repeat that..lol

Whats up with TPTB wanting to make this page like a prison work camp I am waiting for them to start talking in a southern accent demanding we call them "Boss" and make us dig holes in the yard or throw us in the box for speaking our mind.

Again we are the ones that keep this thing going not TPTB. WE place the caches, WE log the finds, WE donate to keep the bills paid so we can use the site. Yet WE are insulted by sarcastic comments because we speak our mind.

It would be a "shame" to see another site come up and TPTB have to go back to fixing peoples logins for crappy IT company.

"When in doubt...hit it with a hammer" C²™

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

I'd like to complain about this:

quote:
Planet wrote:

Super Alpha (or is that SuperDumb?) your post has been reported, we don't tolerate the intolerant here. Watch what you say and think twice before hitting send.

I don't think we should be tolerating the name calling -- especially when it is done so blatantly. And what about that statement about not tolerating the intolerant -- wow, how narrow minded is that? And then to cap it all off with a threat. Sheesh.

I don't think we should tolerate those that don't tolerate those that name call. Well something like that. icon_biggrin.gif

"When in doubt...hit it with a hammer" C²™

quote:
Originally posted by Chris&Cindy:

Whats up with TPTB wanting to make this page like a prison work camp I am waiting for them to start talking in a southern accent demanding we call them "Boss" and make us dig holes in the yard or throw us in the box for speaking our mind.

/takes deep breath

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and the NFL is like a slave master. Over-react much?

I will apologize to SuperAlpha for thinking his post was dumb, but I was very offended by it. It offended all types in one fell swoop. I am sorry SuperAlpha for calling you dumb, but that post was uncalled for. And I did think twice too, I had used a harsher word at first and felt it too strong.

But I will not apologize to Jo5. It had nothing to do with him.

Planet

New complaint:

Travel Bug etiquette is sorely lacking in some areas. The Yakima TB was at an event cache in Utah and nearly 10 people logged in and said that they "saw it there". What is the deal? Log a find or don't, but don't be a wuss and log "I saw it" or "Me too, I saw it too".

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=5046

It's Hockey time in Omaha!

I would like to complain about the sorry servers here. No offense here, but there's nothing more irritating to type a reply and then when you press send it errors out. Or even worse is when the reply box won't come up (or it's terribly slow in doing so) or when you go to send and it acts like it's going through the process to send it and it never does get posted. ARRRRGGGGHHHH! At first I begin to think it's my connection to the internet, but I can to many other websites without any problems or slowness at that time. Please fix the servers. I don't think it has anything to do with signature images either. lol

Brian

www.woodsters.com

My Stats

Found: 70

Hidden: 2

This is probably a bad thing to do... I'll bet no one wants this thread reawakened. :)

But I have a complaint:

I was almost ready to go home for the weekend and enjoy the holiday devoted to exploding things when my d*** school district in CA decides to change the arrival times for some summer school busses that start up on Tuesday. This at 3:30 pm Friday. Now I'll have to explain to 7 drivers and 3 different levels of managers exactly why the routes they've been dry running and expecting to run just fine for 4 weeks are now totally different since ONE principal got his paperwork in late. In addition, I have to do this on a conference call from Montana. This is the third weekend lately that they have ruined this way. And no one is left in my office but me since they are all already gone and are enjoying their days off.

THUS MY COMPLAINT: now I can't leave early to go geocaching and I'll probably end up working part of this weekend. B)

-Jennifer

(thanks for providing me a place to vent! I had almost forgotten this thread.)

Happy 4th everyone!

Holy zombie threads, Batman... I thought this one was dead and buried...

But as long as I'm here...

I hate when people bring travel bugs to an event for exchange, and other people copy the numbers but don't take the bug, then log the bug and drop it back into the event cache, even if the person who actually took the bug home already logged it.

OK, this getting a little ridiculous. I'm not one to complain but today I had a cache denied for no good reason!!!! :blink: I think the approvers are getting way too out of hand. :lol:

Isnt that what is expected of us. I hate when er act the way people expect and we are still wrong!!!

OK, this getting a little ridiculous. I'm not one to complain but today I had a cache denied for no good reason!!!!  :blink:  I think the approvers are getting way too out of hand.  :lol:

Isnt that what is expected of us. I hate when er act the way people expect and we are still wrong!!!

I don't expect the approvers to get ridiculous or out of hand. I expect them to approve caches that should be approved.

OK, this getting a little ridiculous. I'm not one to complain but today I had a cache denied for no good reason!!!!  :blink:  I think the approvers are getting way too out of hand.  :lol:

I don't expect the approvers to get ridiculous or out of hand. I expect them to approve caches that should be approved.

can you be a little more specific?

Pm me the cache number

I want to complain about the locationless cache owner who deleted my log because he says a monument to a Mayan Indian isn't a monument to a Native American, because Mayan Indians live south of the US border.

Last time I checked the mayans were part of the America's North America if I remember correctly. O well I didnt do well in geography.

Edited by CO Admin
I want to complain about the locationless cache owner who deleted my log because he says a monument to a Mayan Indian isn't a monument to a Native American, because Mayan Indians live south of the US border.

Last time I chacked the mayans were part of the America's North America if I remember correctly. O well I didnt do well in geography.

You know, the cache doesn't specify what part of the American continent the native has to come from. In my book, a pre-colonial person indigenous to the American continent is a native american. I went to a lot of trouble to log that cache--about our national hero, no less!

I don't expect the approvers to get ridiculous or out of hand.  I expect them to approve caches that should be approved.

That is exactly the problem...there has never been any single cache submitted for approval that the submitter thought wasn't supposed to be approved...it's a lose lose situation...when a cache does not get approved....it's the fault of the approver...when it does get approved and there turns out there was a problem with the cache...it's the fault of the approver for not being more thorough...

I think a simple solution is instead of getting pissed at the approver, talk to them in a civil manner to see what needs to be done to get it approved...not all caches can get approved...there has to be a line somewhere...

Disclaimer: I am not saying anything about the specific cases of caches getting approved or not approved mentioned in this thread!

-Six

I don't expect the approvers to get ridiculous or out of hand.  I expect them to approve caches that should be approved.

That is exactly the problem...there has never been any single cache submitted for approval that the submitter thought wasn't supposed to be approved...it's a lose lose situation...when a cache does not get approved....it's the fault of the approver...when it does get approved and there turns out there was a problem with the cache...it's the fault of the approver for not being more thorough...

I think a simple solution is instead of getting pissed at the approver, talk to them in a civil manner to see what needs to be done to get it approved...not all caches can get approved...there has to be a line somewhere...

Disclaimer: I am not saying anything about the specific cases of caches getting approved or not approved mentioned in this thread!

-Six

Gee SixTen, You've got a whole 7 finds and you're an expert already. :blink: Come back when you reach double digits.

Gee SixTen, You've got a whole 7 finds and you're an expert already. :blink: Come back when you reach double digits.

And double digits makes one an expert?...I figured I would get flamed...and I wasn't pointing specifically at what you said as being the problem...

I consider myself to be an intelligent person, and what I posted only makes sense...the person whose job it is to approve or deny caches is always going to get jumped on...but...thats their job...

Basically what I was suggesting be done instead of bitching at people about a cache placement is to do what I have found to be so prevalent in the forums and in geocaching as a whole...respect. Talk to the approver in a civil manner and work out what would make an unapproved cache an approved cache...just stating common sense things here...I think more people here could use it.

I'll try to improve my numbers (once I get a GPS) and then maybe I'll have the right to post my opinion.

-Six

Gee SixTen, You've got a whole 7 finds and you're an expert already.  :blink:  Come back when you reach double digits.

And double digits makes one an expert?...I figured I would get flamed...and I wasn't pointing specifically at what you said as being the problem...

I consider myself to be an intelligent person, and what I posted only makes sense...the person whose job it is to approve or deny caches is always going to get jumped on...but...thats their job...

Basically what I was suggesting be done instead of bitching at people about a cache placement is to do what I have found to be so prevalent in the forums and in geocaching as a whole...respect. Talk to the approver in a civil manner and work out what would make an unapproved cache an approved cache...just stating common sense things here...I think more people here could use it.

I'll try to improve my numbers (once I get a GPS) and then maybe I'll have the right to post my opinion.

-Six

you already have a right to post your opinion. find counts do not make one credible or not. i got flamed once for not having as many finds as another cacher. the no credibility thing. well, my warning meter was at zero and he had just gotten back from bening banned. i guess that gave him more credibility about being banned. :lol:

Edited by uperdooper

No, not "always." "Sometimes" would be more correct. It is true that the cache reviewers receive undue criticism at times. No doubt that at other times, they receive undue praise. Life's like that.

No, not "always." "Sometimes" would be more correct. It is true that the cache reviewers receive undue criticism at times. No doubt that at other times, they receive undue praise. Life's like that.

We don't want any undue praise heaped on them now do we! :blink: You better watch that.

Forum mods ready to enter the topic...

hose.jpg

Thats Moun10bike, Keystone, and mtn-man. Im in the back left siting in the unit having lunch.

it takes 3 mods to handle 1 hose? :lol:

family-friendly, family-friendly, family-friendly...

Thanks smurf man.

Uperdooper, sometimes the flames get pretty intense and you have to blast the fire with full pressure!

Those feminine hygiene adds on TV during the play-offs.

I'll say "AMEN" to that and up you one.....Feminine hygiene ads that come on while we are eating dinner! (No offense ladies...but COME ON!)

i'm a gal, and i don't like them either. remember that the majority of ad makers and the ones that approve the commercials are men. :blink:

Gee SixTen, You've got a whole 7 finds and you're an expert already. Come back when you reach double digits.

Nice..... :blink:

That's a horrible thing to say. 6/10 has a right to his opinion no matter how many finds he has. Besides, SixTen, thats his height, 6 foot 10 inches. He can crush you like a little grape.