Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

Complaint: When I was shopping for my eTrex I went to GPScity and compared the eTrex to the eTrex bilingual, the page showed slightly better features on the bilingual, yet they were priced the same. I got the bilingual model.

So I get easy GPS and can't get it to talk to my eTrex. Looked at the eTrex manual... nothin', went to the Garmin firmware update site, downloaded the "eTrex" firmware 2.14 tried to load it "Update Not Available" it said. OK so I look again and they have an update for an eTrex "European" it works.

So I go to easyGPS and try to "add" the eTrex European, none listed, so I try the eTrex "Camo", and it works.

What a clusterfork.

P.S. They say you cant get AIDS from a mosquito because they (the females, males don't feed on blood) only feed every 48 hours or so (err uh some odd 48 hours), and by that time the virus has died. But what if the AIDS carrier swats at the mosquito and it only gets a little, and is still hungry?

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Complaint: When I was shopping for my eTrex I went to GPScity and compared the eTrex to the eTrex bilingual, the page showed slightly better features on the bilingual, yet they were priced the same. I got the bilingual model.

So I get easy GPS and can't get it to talk to my eTrex. Looked at the eTrex manual... nothin', went to the Garmin firmware update site, downloaded the "eTrex" firmware 2.14 tried to load it "Update Not Available" it said. OK so I look again and they have an update for an eTrex "European" it works.

So I go to easyGPS and try to "add" the eTrex European, none listed, so I try the eTrex "Camo", and it works.

What a clusterfork.

P.S. They say you cant get AIDS from a mosquito because they (the females, males don't feed on blood) only feed every 48 hours or so (err uh some odd 48 hours), and by that time the virus has died. But what if the AIDS carrier swats at the mosquito and it only gets a little, and is still hungry?

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Mosquitoes are known to carry/transmit diseases like malaria, yellow fever, heartworm, and encephalitides (Eastern and Western Equine, Japanese, La Crosse, St. Louis, West Nile Virus). Mosquitoes do not transmit AIDS, AIDS is not an arbovirus. WHO and CDC both try to get the word out about this issue, and other info include:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/faq/faq32.htm

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/aids.htm

http://science.howstuffworks.com/mosquito4.htm

http://www.aegis.com/topics/FAQ.html (based on CDC info like the Rutgers one above)

http://www.galaxygoo.com/hiv/mosquito.html

I'd like to complain that I have a new job which SEVERELY limits my potential caching time. 6 days a week, 8 hours a day... er... night... I work nights now, and I tend to sleep all day - hard to get used to that sleeping schedule. Anyways... this is my first post in quite a while - just wanted to stop back in to see what's up. I guess I can't complain about the money I'm getting from all the OT though, eh?

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with 50% less yuck, and 100% more color!!"

I'd like to complain that I have a new job which SEVERELY limits my potential caching time. 6 days a week, 8 hours a day... er... night... I work nights now, and I tend to sleep all day - hard to get used to that sleeping schedule. Anyways... this is my first post in quite a while - just wanted to stop back in to see what's up. I guess I can't complain about the money I'm getting from all the OT though, eh?

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with 50% less yuck, and 100% more color!!"

Rubbertoe, welcome back, it's great to see you posting to your favorite thread again. We was worried about you.

Coincidentally, I was thinking of you this week because I saw your name in some logbooks at caches we visited in the Newark Ohio area. Nice place you got there!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

welcome back umc.

Nice to see you causing trouble in the forums again.

I agree with you that traveling caches rule and you have a right to complain about them being disallowed.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

welcome back umc.

Nice to see you causing trouble in the forums again.

I agree with you that traveling caches rule and you have a right to complain about them being disallowed.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

I'd like to complain about a happy frickin reunion going on here in the complaint forum. This is no place for that kind of behavior. So I'd like to complain about Rubbertoe as well, since he is instilling the happiness here. All the other topics, and you guys have to choose the compaint dept.. Geeez...

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

Hey BR,

Good to see you in the forums once again. Hows it going man.

Oh yeah, lumberjacks are ugly. (my complaint)

migo_sig_logo.jpg

LOL

Thanks Lap and I understand why you feel the way you do.

..................*has to be because I'm so dadgum good looking*......................

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Clan Ferguson:

Come on. I'm not asking you to trade up or even keep a theme. is it that hard to carry one item to a cache, swap it with something else then carry that to the next cache??

and as for Virts. I just think there are WAY too many of these.

IMHO, If your not trading, your not caching.

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

I almost feel the way you do about virts, but my wife has a passion for these. Her logic is this...if you are on an out-of-town trip and want to see unique places and things, what better way then to have the locals guide you to those things not listed anywhere else. We just got back from vacation to Az. & Ca. and saw much more interesting sites than we would have if we just followed the state propaganda pamphlets. They are also fun to find without using a map at all...you never know where you'll end up, but we eventually found all the ones we were looking for. A cache in some of these would have made it more interesting for me, but I could see why some of these must remain in the virtual world.

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tecmage (R&T):

Why are there only 24 hours in the day? If we had, say 28, we could find some time to Geocache.

try this link:

28 hour day

THis is the way to go....

personally , i hate paople who post a 1.5/1 cache that is so well hidden that it takes 3 hours to find!!!

Things I dislike:

Newbies who can't figure out how to open an ammo can, so they decide to pry it open with something thereby breaking the seal.

Owners who don't check on caches that have been reported as having cracks or wet contents.

Mosquitos.

Inadvertantly leaving the DEET in the car.

Stepping into mud up to my knee and having it gush into my boots.

Cleaning the inside of boots after stepping into a mudhole.

Complainers. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

I want to complain about people that suggest certain threads should be closed when the topic is really popular (The person below me, for example)

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

Y'know, that guitarist looks just plain perverted with that right arm motion as fast as it is.

Brian

Team A.I.

I get sick of people complaining about virtuals. If you don't want to do them, don't do them, but let those of us who do want to do them have them.

Also, if someone volunteers to become an approver, especially with everyone complaining about the wait of having something approved and such, then actually consider adding them as approver. My gosh, I would think people would be thrilled to have extra approvers (for free at that - I'm not asking to be paid or anything).

"Nice find! I must go tell Harry, Ron and Hermione."

quote:
Originally posted by Tikiroy:

I almost feel the way you do about virts, but my wife has a passion for these. Her logic is this...if you are on an out-of-town trip and want to see unique places and things, what better way then to have the locals guide you to those things not listed anywhere else. We just got back from vacation to Az. & Ca. and saw much more interesting sites than we would have if we just followed the state propaganda pamphlets. They are also fun to find without using a map at all...you never know where you'll end up, but we eventually found all the ones we were looking for. A cache in some of these would have made it more interesting for me, but I could see why some of these must remain in the virtual world.

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"

Your wife is a very smart lady! Toom many virtuals would be like saying there are too many caches. You don't have to do them, but they are there for those who do like them. It's like saying there are too many caches that 1/1. You don't have to do them, but for those who are only physically able to do those, it's great.

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

http://www.woodsters.com

quote:
Originally posted by GeoGryffindor:

Also, if someone volunteers to become an approver, especially with everyone complaining about the wait of having something approved and such, then actually consider adding them as approver. My gosh, I would think people would be thrilled to have extra approvers (for free at that - I'm not asking to be paid or anything).

Actually, I think that someone ASKING to become an approver is probably a poor choice for one. Too great a chance they are bringing personal issues to the table. Besides, don't take this the wrong way, but I would HOPE the guy checking my caches has been geocaching for more then 9 weeks and hunts more then just virtual and locationless caches

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

Is it that hard to make a cache harder than a 1/1?

I like the 1/1 caches. icon_smile.gif Anything that might help someone get started in the hobby is okay with me. I bet there are a lot of 'city folk' who won't look for anything more than a 1/1. :D Don't wanna get their feet dirty or somethin.

- Toe.>==--

Me too, My wife has MD the only caches we get to do together are 1/1.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

Okay Mopar, we have had this discussion before about virts and Oklahoma. I know you have said before that NJ is famous for its Lime Disease. I invite you to come to Oklahoma and cache with us - but, do it in the summer - I want you to get a real look at what it's all about. It is impossible to go out with our children to other caches besides virts at this time. My 8 year old daughter, who is allergic to ticks, just came down with Rabbit Fever due to ticks. Also, we do geocaching as a family sport, we don't leave the kids with someone to go off on our own. (I've heard you argue about NJ, but I know people that have been there and the vote is that Oklahoma is worse for the pesty things.) And, you are not going to be able to take a child into the woods with a stroller here, as you have said you have done in NJ.

As far as being judged for only caching for 9 weeks, have you seen how many caches we have actually found - virts or otherwise (we shouldn't be judged for what kind we do - seems to me you are the one being bias)? I am not bias towards certain kinds of caches - I am helpful. I have time on my hands and volunteer to help out the world of geocaching. I love all the caches and can't wait for cooler weather so that I can do the 5/5's here in Oklahoma. I am not scared or intimidated to take on the challenge of becoming an approver.

Like I said, come visit us in Oklahoma. We would enjoy meeting you.

"Nice find! I must go tell Harry, Ron and Hermione."

For the record, I have nothing against 1/1s. My average find prob is not much more than that. My complaint was more directed at having too many of one type. Variety is nice. I'd hate to see all 5/5 as well.

Incidently, you should be able to do a 5/1 if

it's rated right. Only the second number has to do with terrain.

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Patterson:

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.

For the record, I have nothing against 1/1s. My average find prob is not much more than that. My complaint was more directed at having too many of one type.. Variety is nice. I'd hate to see all 5/5 as well.

Incidently, you should be able to do a 5/1 if

it's rated right. Only the second number has to do with terrain.

quote:

Originally posted by Pat Patterson:

Hrm ya but I don't think I've ever seen a 5/1 would be cool tho... maybe that should be my next hide. money where my mouth is sorta thing.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

I would like to log the following complaints:

Why don't we drive in driveways and park on parkways?

Why is there an interstate highway in Hawaii?

Why aren't seagulls called baygulls if they are from New York?

Where's my flying car!?

=====

It is the tale, not he who tells it."