Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

prompted by a recent "crappy items" thread I want to vent about stupid things ive found in caches. Ive come to thinking that they were all left by newbs or non cachers who found it.

matchbox car smashed by a cache, rusty bottle cap, various dirty/damage or found on the way to the cache golfballs, a rock not polished or anything just a plain rock, 26 pennies in their own ziplock with a post-it saying "26 pennies" icon_confused.gif, seemingly random business cards and notes flyers or old crumpled written on pages or printouts for other caches, a half used roll of black tape

And the double stupid items like food candy soap doggie treats bubbles solution

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

prompted by a recent "crappy items" thread I want to vent about stupid things ive found in caches. Ive come to thinking that they were all left by newbs or non cachers who found it.

matchbox car smashed by a cache, rusty bottle cap, various dirty/damage or found on the way to the cache golfballs, a rock not polished or anything just a plain rock, 26 pennies in their own ziplock with a post-it saying "26 pennies" icon_confused.gif, seemingly random business cards and notes flyers or old crumpled written on pages or printouts for other caches, a half used roll of black tape

And the double stupid items like food candy soap doggie treats bubbles solution

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I have been holding this one in waaaaay too long. Fashions are supposed to come and go, it's a way of life, right? So when, oh when, are those god awful big baggy oversized pants going to disappear?! They make one look like a ragamuffin, like they are wearing their very large brother's hand me downs and can't find clothes to fit. The only good thing about them is if some kid pulls a robbery (he could hide a tv in those pants) he can't run very far because his pants crotch is around his ankles. I mean look in a mirror for crying out loud! It's been years now and they are still here. Heck - one season and bare bellies and low riders have already been deemed passe (according to the TV news - not me), so what's with the big, big ugly pants??? Sheesh! It's also a waste of resources. You could make three pairs with that amount of material.

Thanks, I needed to let that one out. Now, is there anyone, ANYONE? that agrees with me that they look dumb? If not I'll never mention it again.

Oh yeah, and pierced ears that are pierced with big discs so the kid has a huge hole in his earlobe, that's not gonna close!

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

I have been holding this one in waaaaay too long. Fashions are supposed to come and go, it's a way of life, right? So when, oh when, are those god awful big baggy oversized pants going to disappear?! They make one look like a ragamuffin, like they are wearing their very large brother's hand me downs and can't find clothes to fit. The only good thing about them is if some kid pulls a robbery (he could hide a tv in those pants) he can't run very far because his pants crotch is around his ankles. I mean look in a mirror for crying out loud! It's been years now and they are still here. Heck - one season and bare bellies and low riders have already been deemed passe (according to the TV news - not me), so what's with the big, big ugly pants??? Sheesh! It's also a waste of resources. You could make three pairs with that amount of material.

Thanks, I needed to let that one out. Now, is there anyone, ANYONE? that agrees with me that they look dumb? If not I'll never mention it again.

Oh yeah, and pierced ears that are pierced with big discs so the kid has a huge hole in his earlobe, that's not gonna close!

Cache you later,

Planet

|

/|

|

|

|

|

| Square, Old

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Why do all the Geocaches have to be filled up with Junk Drawer Items and crap!! I mean comeon guys and gals. If you set up a cache that is well hidden why can't there be anything good you find?

If I go and hike for three hours to find a cache, which is fun in itself, I would also like to find an item of value or worth. The caches with actual cool things in them to be found should also be replaced with items of equal or greater value! Wouldn't this have an all new meaning in finding a cache in a well hidden spot? This is a treasure hunt, not a junk hunt!

-Ryno icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

Now, is there anyone, ANYONE? that agrees with me that they look dumb? If not I'll never mention it again.

Yeah, I don't think anyone could make a good case for those.

BTW....

i did find something new to complain about after some thought last night. Let's just say that I know this guy icon_wink.gif Who was in a pretty bad car accident a while ago. He was rear-ended by a kid(18) by another kid(17). The 17 year-old that caused the whole thing was driving a 1995 Chevy Suburban (aka TANK). He actually told the officer on scene that he was "spaced out and never saw the car till he hit it!" I know this because I was there icon_wink.gif. Now for the complaint. It comes as no surprise, I guess, that his parents bought him a new vehicle. "What make/model", you ask?

A 2002 Chevy Suburban

Now he can go half-kill or whole-kill someone else. I see it as sad. If this guy I know icon_wink.gif wouldn't have been in an overstuffed luxury car he would have almost certainly been "whole-killed" icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

"Seek and ye shall find"

I agree the big pants are out, I use to wear them oh 10 years ago ----but as far as the plugs/spacers in the ears, I once had my ears streched to a 1" hole, for over 3 years and have taken them out and they do srink back to size..

Nevermind the big pants what about "label whores" meaning people in which can't wear clothing UNLESS it has a huge name brand writen across the front....I find it funny some of my friends pay upto 60$ 70$ for a tshirt because it has a name brand on the front..........i.e. Tommy/ck/boss or i should write BOSS lol......

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

I dislike caches where the posted Coordinates are actually false and you are required to do some strange math to get the real Coords. I actually followed the wrong Coordinates to one cache that actually ended up putting me in a dangerous area. I thought it was a multicache where the posted coordinates took you to the first part. But actually the posted phony coordinates were used to get you to the general area of where there is a supposed marker where you used dates to subtract from the posted coordinates. I guess It was late and I wasn't thinking that people posted false coordinates. I guess I am not so upset about putting the false coordinates as I am that the coordinates lead you into a bad area. This is where you feel kinda stupid and mad at the same time. Thanks for letting me vent.

Kanboy

quote:
Originally posted by Ryno:

Why do all the Geocaches have to be filled up with Junk Drawer Items and crap!! I mean comeon guys and gals. If you set up a cache that is well hidden why can't there be anything good you find?

If I go and hike for three hours to find a cache, which is fun in itself, I would also like to find an item of value or worth. The caches with actual cool things in them to be found should also be replaced with items of equal or greater value! Wouldn't this have an all new meaning in finding a cache in a well hidden spot? This is a treasure hunt, not a junk hunt!

-Ryno icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

How would you like to find a cache that contained an incomplete deck of playing cards, three balloons, a candle and a can of soup? Not too exciting? Well, they're all things that Ryno has left in a geocache. My favorite Ryno log: took radio, left a pair of mismatched dice and a hair clip.

To be fair, Ryno's also made some nice even trades. Hopefully after awhile longer, he'll realize it's not about the trading, it's about the hunt, and he'll start leaving goodies to improve the cache while taking little or nothing.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Looks like someone pissed in Leps [corn flakes][EDIT] Lucky Charms this morning.

For me its not about what I take or leave its about what I place. As in placing a cache. Thats where I get to show people how its done. I stock them to the hilt with fine items. Then when they become over-run with mis-matched dice and hair clips I get to go out and clean them out and restock. I love it. icon_smile.gif

I do believe one day people will trade fairly or upwardly.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

[This message was edited by umc on January 08, 2003 at 06:40 PM.]

I hate Birthdays!!! I had to have another this year!!! Oh well, Guess I'm still breathing!!! And People who think they are gonna find the best prize inside the cache piss me off, its where you find the cache that is the big prize, unless of course its under a big city bridge littered with trash and wine drinking bums!!! Been there, found that!!! And what is with people not understanding what a traveling cache is!! Whats so hard about following directions!!! Other than that its a good day!!! Peace!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SpinnerB82002:

(snip)

The 17 year-old that caused the whole thing was driving a 1995 Chevy Suburban (aka TANK)

(snip)

Now for the complaint. It comes as no surprise, I guess, that his parents bought him a new vehicle. "What make/model", you ask?

_A 2002 Chevy Suburban_

Now he can go half-kill or whole-kill someone else. I see it as sad. If this guy I know icon_wink.gif wouldn't have been in an overstuffed luxury car he would have almost certainly been "whole-killed" icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

"Seek and ye shall find"

Hey! I have a 1993 Suburban. Yes it's a 'tank' and probably the safest family vehicle on the road. I can run over your little Honda or put it 4-wheel drive when it snows. I feel a lot safer driving such a big vehicle. The only thing that could really do damage to it is a tractor trailer.

Truck1.jpg

Maybe inexperienced drivers shouldn't be put behind the wheel of a 7000 pound truck, or

Maybe his parents said, "If he crashes, what vehicle would he be able to survive a crash in?"

Wouldn't you want your child to be safe when they are first learning how to drive? Besides, in a truck like that, they can't dive 130mph down a 2 lane road.

16, way to go.

Push this stupid thread even further. icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Treasure Hunters Inc.:

I hate it when I read a forum page and all the good comments and come-backs have already been posted.

$1000 Bill

I have read all of the forum pages. According to my research, "I know you are, but what am I?" is still available as a come-back that hasn't been posted.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Hey! I have a 1993 Suburban. Yes it's a 'tank' and probably the safest family vehicle on the road. I can run over your little Honda or put it 4-wheel drive when it snows. I feel a lot safer driving such a big vehicle. The only thing that could really do damage to it is a tractor trailer.

(snip)

Maybe inexperienced drivers shouldn't be put behind the wheel of a 7000 pound truck, or

Maybe his parents said, "If he crashes, what vehicle would he be able to survive a crash in?"

Wouldn't you want your child to be safe when they are first learning how to drive? Besides, in a truck like that, they can't dive 130mph down a 2 lane road.

#1, I was in a 1997 New Yorker

#2, If I was in a "little Honda", I wouldn't be here to complain. icon_frown.gif

#3, I was at a dead stop and he was doing between 40 and 50 mph. There were no skid marks from him so he hit me full tilt.

#4, Would you give your kid a loaded gun to go play with and feel good about it because the gun has a safety on it?

I don't have a problem with protecting our kids. I would do the same for mine. I would, however, have serious reservations about buying my child a new vehicle of any kind after he openly admitted that he "spaced out" behind the wheel. Besides, this is my complaint. This thread is for complaints and I'm complaining. I'm sure I'll get over this. But, for the present, I'm bitter. I'm getting ready for some pretty extensive back surgery to repair the newly exploded disks in my back. Sorry, to be so long. I just wanted to vent some more. I'll be ready to vent again sometime soon. Until then...

"Seek and ye shall find"

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

(snip)

#1, I was in a 1997 New Yorker

#2, If I was in a "little Honda", I wouldn't be here to complain. icon_frown.gif

#3, I was at a dead stop and he was doing between 40 and 50 mph. There were no skid marks from him so he hit me full tilt.

#4, Would you give your kid a loaded gun to go play with and feel good about it because the gun has a safety on it?

I don't have a problem with protecting our kids. I would do the same for mine. I would, however, have serious reservations about buying my child a new vehicle of any kind after he openly admitted that he "spaced out" behind the wheel. Besides, this is my complaint. This thread is for complaints and I'm complaining. I'm sure I'll get over this. But, for the present, I'm bitter. I'm getting ready for some pretty extensive back surgery to repair the newly exploded disks in my back. Sorry, to be so long. I just wanted to vent some more. I'll be ready to vent again sometime soon. Until then...

"Seek and ye shall find"

I hate when you cubicle parnter at work forgets to rinse out there hot choc. mug then goes on vacation..For days we all have been trying to find where that smell was coming from!!!!

It just makes me want to be outside in the clean air Caching!!! even if it is 13 degrees outside.

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

I had now idea it was so serious. Way back on page 1 or 2, I complained about drivers and we can add inexperienced teen drivers to the list! Especially the ones who are just handed a vehicle and not even given proper training. Was this child given a blood test after the accident? Spaced out?!? His license should be revoked until he can learn how to drive, and he should be court ordered to take a driver's education course. If I were you, I'd have my attorney working on that.

I hope you make a speedy and full recovery. please let us know how you're doing.

Cache you later,

Planet

I had now idea it was so serious. Way back on page 1 or 2, I complained about drivers and we can add inexperienced teen drivers to the list! Especially the ones who are just handed a vehicle and not even given proper training. Was this child given a blood test after the accident? Spaced out?!? His license should be revoked until he can learn how to drive, and he should be court ordered to take a driver's education course. If I were you, I'd have my attorney working on that.

I hope you make a speedy and full recovery. please let us know how you're doing.

Cache you later,

Planet

My stupid PDA is acting up, I can't get a fatal error MemoryMgr.c message to stop coming up and the great folks at that paragon of industry known as Handspring want me to pay them 20 bucks just to talk to them, despite that I have already done the steps listed on their support page.

They are now in a situation that seems perfectly clear to me now. Their products are so-so, they don't stand behind them, and now they can't sell them. icon_mad.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

I truly appreciate your concern. I tried to take a 'mistakes happen' approach to this whole ordeal, but it's hard. I agree that he should go through more driver's training. I'll be in the hospital for surgery on Feb. 18th for lumber discectomy and anterior spinal fusion. The procedure has a 95% success rate so everything should be fine. Thankfully, out of the 3 people involved in my incident, I was the only one hurt. At least I didn't have to look my dad in the eye and tell him I "spaced out". As for the attorney thing, they're working on it icon_wink.gif. As for Team GPSaxophone, please don't think of my ramblings as the start of a movement to ban Suburbans. My Dad always taught me to surround myself with as much metal as I could. The Suburban certainly has enough to do this well. I would probably own one myself. But alas, I'm a big car guy. Enough complaining for now..... icon_rolleyes.gif

"Seek and ye shall find"

Hey look this thread is still alive just like me.

Very cool.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

I hate it when people are so self-involved that they think every complaint is about them.

Are you complaining about me again?

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

quote:

I hate it when people are so self-involved that they think every complaint is about them.

"You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you...."

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

quote:

"You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you...."