Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

figured I would gripe a little too.

National Parks for public use?

1.Can not use my jet ski

2.Can not use my metal detector

3.Can not place geocaches.

I'm running out of hobbies that I can do at a National Park!!!!! Sure am getting tired of supporting them with my tax dollars and not reaping any of the benifts. Kinda like paying a Home Owners Association...you pay somebody to tell you what you can't do on your own property.

-------------------------------------------------

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

------------------------------------------------

Quote from JOHNYREB

I'm running out of hobbies that I can do at a National Park!!!!! Sure am getting tired of supporting them with my tax dollars and not reaping any of the benifts. Kinda like paying a Home Owners Association...you pay somebody to tell you what you can't do on your own property.

-------------------------------------------------

icon_mad.gifMuch less the National parks.

Our local parks have an ordinance prohibiting almost every activity except walking and playing baseball.

They Particularly limit Using any radio control items: Planes,cars or boats, either gas or electric. as well as model rockets and any other hobby item.

icon_mad.gifBut they built and maintain a FRISBEE "GOLF" COURSE. icon_mad.gif

OLDFRED

quote:
Old enough to know better.BUT, Frankly, My Dear, I just don't give a dadgum !

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

People please if you going to have your dog out with you hiking, biking, walking, caching, ect. Please clean up its crap off the trail when they are done doing their thing. I'm busy looking at my GPSr not at the trail to make sure I don't step in dog crap. I really enjoyed the scent for the last 3 hours of my day while after the first cache I hit on the ride to the second and the whole ride home. Very nice. Please if you have a dog be responsible and clean up after it. Just because your outdoors does not mean that you can leave your dogs $h1T laying around.

Wow, great post man.

Stepped in it again this morning on the trail. Makes me want to shoot every dog I see even though I love dogs but because I have been stepping in dog $h1T all my life I am not sure if I will ever get a dog. Maybe its the owners that need to be shot because they don't pick up the $h1t. I know I'm being harsh with the shooting stuff and I don't mean it but I wanted to get my point across with just how sick of this $h1T I am.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Now what bugs me to the core are those drinking fountains that dribble water when you're hot and thirsty, and darn, you just can't get a drop. That is...unless you put your mouth on the ever-growing-green-slimed-used-to-be chrome spout that must harbor more bizarre germs than a New York landfill. On top of that, they always make the spout with these wide-spaced, weird looking double prongs that serve no purpose other than to make it appear that you are looking Leon Spinks straight in the mouth. Yuk. C'mon America: make a decent shaped water spout, and for God's sake, turn the water flow up so we thirsty cachers can get a decent, and germ-free drink for crying out loud icon_mad.gif

David Berne

Now what bugs me to the core are those drinking fountains that dribble water when you're hot and thirsty, and darn, you just can't get a drop. That is...unless you put your mouth on the ever-growing-green-slimed-used-to-be chrome spout that must harbor more bizarre germs than a New York landfill. On top of that, they always make the spout with these wide-spaced, weird looking double prongs that serve no purpose other than to make it appear that you are looking Leon Spinks straight in the mouth. Yuk. C'mon America: make a decent shaped water spout, and for God's sake, turn the water flow up so we thirsty cachers can get a decent, and germ-free drink for crying out loud icon_mad.gif

David Berne

quote:
Originally posted by tahoeberne:

Now what bugs me to the core are those drinking fountains that dribble water when you're hot and thirsty...

I can't stand getting into arguments with my Illinois co-workers when they call it a drinking fountain when it is clearly a bubbler...

And don't even get me started on "pop" vs. "soda"!

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

What about those faux scrotums hanging underneath PU trucks? ...

I'm happy to say that I have no idea what these are.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

You can see them here.

"Wenn Sie nicht wissen, wo Sie sind, werden Sie wahrscheinlich verloren."

quote:
Originally posted by -=Elwood=-:

"...You can see them here..."

Since I do about 50,000kms of driving each year and have yet to see these, hopefully(!!!) they're a 'regional' westcoast manifestation. Also, since the 'buggyballs.com' URL in the photo appears to be 'dead', perhaps (good taste willing) the producer is now out of business icon_rolleyes.gif .

quote:
Originally posted by -=Elwood=-:

"...You can see them here..."

Since I do about 50,000kms of driving each year and have yet to see these, hopefully(!!!) they're a 'regional' westcoast manifestation. Also, since the 'buggyballs.com' URL in the photo appears to be 'dead', perhaps (good taste willing) the producer is now out of business icon_rolleyes.gif .

quote:

quote:

People please if you going to have your dog out with you hiking, biking, walking, caching, ect. Please clean up its crap off the trail when they are done doing their thing. I'm busy looking at my GPSr not at the trail to make sure I don't step in dog crap. I really enjoyed the scent for the last 3 hours of my day while after the first cache I hit on the ride to the second and the whole ride home. Very nice. Please if you have a dog be responsible and clean up after it. Just because your outdoors does not mean that you can leave your dogs $h1T laying around.

Wow, great post man.

Stepped in it again this morning on the trail. Makes me want to shoot every dog I see even though I love dogs but because I have been stepping in dog $h1T all my life I am not sure if I will ever get a dog. Maybe its the owners that need to be shot because they don't pick up the $h1t. I know I'm being harsh with the shooting stuff and I don't mean it but I wanted to get my point across with just how sick of this $h1T I am.

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

This is why you find signs that say NO DOGS ALLOWED

Zeolites unite!

What is up with with these telemarketers calling with a pre-recorded message? This is way out of control and absolutely ridiculous. During the recent election I have received calls from the different peoples offices who were running via recording and that was just as much bx as the telemarketers. Can't use the real person anymore huh. At least you could have fun telling them off. Now (and maybe before) its just a matter of hanging up. What is this world coming to? Who actually listens to these messages?

What is up with with these telemarketers calling with a pre-recorded message? This is way out of control and absolutely ridiculous. During the recent election I have received calls from the different peoples offices who were running via recording and that was just as much bx as the telemarketers. Can't use the real person anymore huh. At least you could have fun telling them off. Now (and maybe before) its just a matter of hanging up. What is this world coming to? Who actually listens to these messages?

I'm here to complain that there is a ****ing construction crew outside my bedroom window right now, tearing up my ****ing parking spot! icon_mad.gif

I'm not so concerned with losing that spot - I'm just pissed off because I didn't go to sleep until 6am this morning and these ****heads come pounding on my door at 9:30am to get me to move my car so they can put a hole where the parking spot used to be. icon_mad.gif

It is being captured by the webcam right now, if anyone wants to see.

The NEW Toe Pages

Uhh - nevermind... it is over with now, and if you didn't see it on the cam by now you probably won't. icon_razz.gif And I notice the "edited by" timestamp is putting the pacific time zone's idea of what time it is on my post... it is really 2:28p here in Ohio. icon_mad.gif

[This message was edited by Rubbertoe on November 20, 2002 at 11:28 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I never thought I'd be complaining about this, but aren't people poking fun of umc an awful lot lately?

Yes, it's true. Next thing you know, someone will try spoofing our Michigan buddy with a fake avatar.

And you would think that people would pick on me, rather than umc. I'm such an easier target. A balding little green man, for chrissake.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos?

I would like to complain about the $700 plus bill that I will have to pay to have repairs made to my truck. New brakes and tie rod ends. I have a strong feeling that I'm getting ripped off errrr... I know that I am but its a little late now and I need the work done. Just pisses me off that I don't have the money for this and even if I did I would still be pissed because this is not my idea of a fun way of spending it.

and

Lep, I like my new avatar. I may just have to make that the one I use here.

I H@+E wheN eV3ry 53n+enCe +HA+ COMe5 Fr0m 4 P3R50N Has +O be +yPED LIKE Thi$. i M34n, I'm guiLTy 0Ph u51n9 3l1t3 5PE4K EVERy Now @nd th3n - 8U+ i+ 1s Ju5t @ fEw WOrd5 4+ 4 T1me. i nEvER 4CtU@LLY +Ype 0U+ Wh0l3 5eNtENC3$ Wh1l3 ch@++1N9 wiTh 50M3oN3, forC1nG tH3m +0 +rY +o figURe ouT Wh4t +h3 h3Ll 1 @M S4Yin9. 1 WOnDEr wh0 evER 5+ARt3D Th15. 1 Me4n, It 1$ 4 9oOd Id3@ f0r $Ome+HIn9 UNiKWE - 8UT D4Mn, WHO coUlD RE4Lly tYpe @nD r34D +h1$ Cr4P? I'M 9l@d 1 HAN9 oU+ 1N @n 1rC CH4NnEL WH3r3 m0$t 0ph TH3 0cCUP@N+5 @REn'T 13 yE@R 0LD M0R0n5.

flag.gif

The NEW Toe Pages

quote:

I would like to complain about the $700 plus bill that I will have to pay to have repairs made to my truck. New brakes and tie rod ends. I have a strong feeling that I'm getting ripped off errrr... I know that I am but its a little late now and I need the work done. Just pisses me off that I don't have the money for this and even if I did I would still be pissed because this is not my idea of a fun way of spending it.

and

Lep, I like my new avatar. I may just have to make that the one I use here.

You could always learn to do it yourself...... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I use to work on my own vehicles all the time and I don't know what has changed. But I do agree I could have done all that myself except the alingment. dadgum crooks and its all my fault.

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I H@+E wheN eV3ry 53n+enCe +HA+ COMe5 Fr0m 4 P3R50N Has +O be +yPED LIKE Thi$. i M34n, I'm guiLTy 0Ph u51n9 3l1t3 5PE4K EVERy Now @nd th3n - 8U+ i+ 1s Ju5t @ fEw WOrd5 4+ 4 T1me. i nEvER 4CtU@LLY +Ype 0U+ Wh0l3 5eNtENC3$ Wh1l3 ch@++1N9 wiTh 50M3oN3, forC1nG tH3m +0 +rY +o figURe ouT Wh4t +h3 h3Ll 1 @M S4Yin9. 1 WOnDEr wh0 evER 5+ARt3D Th15. 1 Me4n, It 1$ 4 9oOd Id3@ f0r $Ome+HIn9 UNiKWE - 8UT D4Mn, WHO coUlD RE4Lly tYpe @nD r34D +h1$ Cr4P? I'M 9l@d 1 HAN9 oU+ 1N @n 1rC CH4NnEL WH3r3 m0$t 0ph TH3 0cCUP@N+5 @REn'T 13 yE@R 0LD M0R0n5.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/flag.gif http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

Cache you later,

Planet

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Today I had to pick up Little Lep from my ex at 6:30 pm, but it was the holiday season-opening celebration downtown (fireworks, music, traffic jams, wall-to-wall people) so I was smart and left my office at 5:15 to go to the parking garage. But, the valets lost my car keys! We searched every other car until we found my keys sitting on the seat of someone else's car,they had dropped out of the valet's pocket. So now it is 6:15 and I know I will be late, and downtown is gridlocked. And when I called her to tell about the delay, the ex is ROYALLY HOSED that I would dare to ruin her evening plans by being late. (I got there at 7:00 and I cannot repeat the conversation.)

I sure hope that the rest of the weekend goes better than the beginning. But.... on the bright side:

-- I get free parking for a week

-- It was fun hunting all over the garage for my keys, using my flashlight from my geocaching vest. Like hunting a micro.

-- I notice that lately I stay calmer when things go wrong. Maybe it comes from not being able to find a cache and being patient.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos?

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on November 22, 2002 at 08:52 PM.]