Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

quote:
Originally posted by katmom:

Back to the clown phobia. I was in a store Saturday that had lapel pins. One said something like "afraid of clowns". I immediatly thought of my brother, who is deathly afraid of both clowns and sea creatures but they didn't have a button for that.

Speaking of evil clowns... did anyone else happen to catch a show on the National Geographic channel last night? The show is called "Phobia" and the whole half hour was devoted to Coulrophobia. Yup, the fear of clowns actually has an official "phobia" name. icon_razz.gif

I feel better having watched it... because I don't like clowns, and I'd cross a busy street to avoid one - but the woman they featured on this show was TERRIFIED of them. She couldn't look at pictures of clowns, hold clown dolls, or anything.

They put her in a room with one and she nearly crapped her pants.

So again, I complain about clowns. They say things like "I don't know why people would be afraid - we only want to make people laugh" and to that I say BULL PUCKY! icon_razz.gif

Phobia - National Geographic TV

(Apparently it airs again on the 20th)

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

quote:
Originally posted by katmom:

Back to the clown phobia. I was in a store Saturday that had lapel pins. One said something like "afraid of clowns". I immediatly thought of my brother, who is deathly afraid of both clowns and sea creatures but they didn't have a button for that.

Speaking of evil clowns... did anyone else happen to catch a show on the National Geographic channel last night? The show is called "Phobia" and the whole half hour was devoted to Coulrophobia. Yup, the fear of clowns actually has an official "phobia" name. icon_razz.gif

I feel better having watched it... because I don't like clowns, and I'd cross a busy street to avoid one - but the woman they featured on this show was TERRIFIED of them. She couldn't look at pictures of clowns, hold clown dolls, or anything.

They put her in a room with one and she nearly crapped her pants.

So again, I complain about clowns. They say things like "I don't know why people would be afraid - we only want to make people laugh" and to that I say BULL PUCKY! icon_razz.gif

Phobia - National Geographic TV

(Apparently it airs again on the 20th)

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

I'd like to complain about people who obviously are infatuated with a particular thing, let's just say clowns for instance, by posting related web sites and bringing the subject up at any given opportunity, and then denying it, as if it's some phobia or something.

You know who you are, we can tell how much you admire and love them. Now it's time to come out of the closet and admit it.

Any resemblance this post has to any other person posting here, is strictly coincedental. icon_biggrin.gif

We all have mental problems, it's just that some of us choose to show them.

Checked out your clown site. The picture for the day is supposed to be clowns?! Looks more like Halloween KISS impersonators to me. I would not call those two characters clowns, and I am complaining here and now that they do.

You need the "Can't sleep, Clowns will eat me lunch box"! icon_wink.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by thetaylors:

This has been driving me nuts. That is a Simpson's reference right. When Homer built the Crusty bed that terrified Bart?

Yuuup . . .and the clown said, "If you should die before you wake . . . hahahahahaha!!!"

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

Checked out your clown site. The picture for the day is supposed to be clowns?! Looks more like Halloween KISS impersonators to me. I would not call those two characters clowns, and I am complaining here and now that they do.

It's not my clown site... and there are more pictures than just one - you are supposed to click a number to rate them, and each time you do a new clown is displayed. It is almost theraputic. icon_razz.gif

quote:

This has been driving me nuts. That is a Simpson's reference right. When Homer built the Crusty bed that terrified Bart?

*shudder* I had forgotten about that until now. icon_frown.gif

Actually, whenever I hear that saying, it makes me think of an Alice Cooper song. Hmm - you'd think I'd be scared of Alice too... he's a bit clown-like.

Page with Alice singing CANT SLEEP - CLOWNS WILL EAT ME

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

for crying out loud, and take up more space here. I knew it wasn't YOUR site. Rubbertoe, I checked out the site that you posted above and suggested that we look at, and with your recommendation i did click on the link that you posted and on the very first page I saw two very frightening characters that I wouldn't call clowns. I didn't want to rate them or look further, but I did and now clowns scare me! Thanks a lot!

Cache you later,

Planet

Everyone get it all out of their system or somethin? Here... I'll give y'all something to complain about. I found this in my e-mail this morning:

-------------------

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS , MUST ADAPT

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept.11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have ourown culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese,

Japanese, Russian, or any other language.

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining , whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

-------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Everyone get it all out of their system or somethin? Here... I'll give y'all something to complain about. -

No complaints from me...I agree 99%.

The one percent difference is that I think we ARE willing to change our culture...just not into someone ELSE's culture.

Of course, I'm also not thrilled with America trying to turn every other country in the world to OUR culture. Euro Disney...puh-leeze!

ApK

People please if you going to have your dog out with you hiking, biking, walking, caching, ect. Please clean up its crap off the trail when they are done doing their thing. I'm busy looking at my GPSr not at the trail to make sure I don't step in dog crap. I really enjoyed the scent for the last 3 hours of my day while after the first cache I hit on the ride to the second and the whole ride home. Very nice. Please if you have a dog be responsible and clean up after it. Just because your outdoors does not mean that you can leave your dogs $h1T laying around.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

People please if you going to have your dog out with you hiking, biking, walking, caching, ect. Please clean up its crap off the trail when they are done doing their thing. I'm busy looking at my GPSr not at the trail to make sure I don't step in dog crap. I really enjoyed the scent for the last 3 hours of my day while after the first cache I hit on the ride to the second and the whole ride home. Very nice. Please if you have a dog be responsible and clean up after it. Just because your outdoors does not mean that you can leave your dogs $h1T laying around.

______________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

People please if you going to have your dog out with you hiking, biking, walking, caching, ect. Please clean up its crap off the trail

Here, Here! We love to go with our dogs and would love to continue to be able to take them. This same thing really cheezes me off. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Feel free to immigrate here so long as you come from a country where you have the opportunity to learn English before you get here.

We do not have an official language. Not even English. It is just the least common denominator and incidently one of the hardest languages to learn, especially if it is not your first.

God is not a part of our culture it is a part of yours. I was born and raised in America. I have dedicated my entire adult life to the service of this country in the military. It might also interest you to know that some of our early Presidents were probably privately agnostic but feared the political backlash.

Under God was added to the pledge of allegiance in the 1950's.

I really am tired of the American people, the Supreme Court, and most of our government officials ignoring the 1st Amendment. Perhaps, the moral majority should just be done with and round those like me up and burn us at the stake (again).

So I guess my complaint is, if I didn't immigrate and you hold an opinion contrary to popular opinion, where am I suppossed to go? Kind of scary to find out I'm no longer welcome here because my religous beliefs don't conform.

quote:

You remember, the One with the 1st Amendment.

I'm not sure if this was a reply to me or not. The question that you seem to have answered above is "What Constitution?" so it may have been in answer to something else.

If so, please disregard this message.

My question was "What about the Constitution?"

Since I don't see a connection.

Here's the 1st Amendment (note, it's presented here in the original English...):

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now, Liberals somehow manage to interpret this to mean "Any one should be able to say or do anything they want to anyone at anytime and no government agency or private business may ever disagree about any of it." Maybe it's because English isn't their first language, I don't know.

If you want, you can try to explain to me how the idea that "learning the dominant language of the media, businesses and government, not to mention the road signs, of the land you choose to live in is a good and important thing" is a violation of the 1st Amendment. I'm curious to hear the reasoning.

Also, if you feel like it, explain to me how you can say that the idea of a God is not part of American culture? God is mentioned in our national motto, a Creator and Divine Providence is cited in the Declaration of Independence, the defining document of our culture.

The fact that some Presidents are agnostics or even athiests, simply goes to show that the fact that God is part of American culture in no way dimishes our freedom of religion, or our right to choose not to believe in a God, and the fact that they may have kept thier beliefs private for political reasons goes to show how clearly they realized that God is indeed part of the culture and they needed to be aware of that to get votes.

And if you still have the time, explain how that is, in either case, a violation of the First Amendement? The Government isn't making any laws prohibiting or encouraging any belief system.

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

I'd like to complain that this perfectly good complaint department has turned into yet another discussion of tired, threadbare political crap.

http://216.202.195.127/warm.gif

I thought we were now complaining about politics.

Or is there some sort of size limit were supposed to keep the messages under? If so, I hearby complain about that.

ApK

That dadgum dancing bannana two posts up is bugging the fu*k outta me...........I CAN'T LOOK AWAY! AHHHHHHHHH!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I hate it when you grab a fast lunch at the drive-thru and part way back to work realize all you have is a cold, half squished burger and fries, NO ketchup (catsup) and a cup full of ice.

Those dadgum jelly donuts that detonate while on your lap while . It's tricky to operate GPSR's, eat and drive at the same time.

I hate it when you grab a fast lunch at the drive-thru and part way back to work realize all you have is a cold, half squished burger and fries, NO ketchup (catsup) and a cup full of ice.

Those dadgum jelly donuts that detonate while on your lap while . It's tricky to operate GPSR's, eat and drive at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

That dadgum dancing bannana two posts up is bugging the fu*k outta me...........I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!

Ya, me too, I keep expecting him to take a crap or explode or something...

i was mostly replying to the nothing wrong thing, thrown in with a little criticism of how fast and loose the first, and second, and fourth amendments, the commerce clause, etc. have been interpreted.

so i guess i would like to complain that rubbertoe can post someone elses illogical rant and gets a "nothing wrong with that, I agree (mostly)"

and when I rant i have to read way more than that icon_wink.gif

just ignore me like all the other idiots who spout off once in a while. Sometimes I even talk about geocaching (but I try not to rant during those lucid moments).

it's all good!

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

That dadgum dancing bannana two posts up is bugging the fu*k outta me...........I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!

Ya, me too, I keep expecting him to take a crap or explode or something...

I've been considering adding a "GX" logo attached to his hand as he dances, but it is a bit small for that. Kinda like if he was holding a logo coin or something... I think I'll still try it some day.

quote:

i hate how a perfectly good complaint department gets derailed into boring political rants and somebody starts a touchy feely compliment department.

*laugh* I was gonna mention that too... you beat me to the punch. I hate when people beat me to the punch. icon_razz.gif

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

I would like to complain about the degradation of thread contents. When this thread was first placed, there were lots of good complaints to be found. After just a few weeks, though, people have traded out all the good complaints and now it's just another thread full of avatar tests.

Trade even or trade up, folks, or don't complain at all.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

After just a few weeks, though, people have traded out all the good complaints and now it's just another thread full of avatar tests.

Ya, don't we have 100 Avatar test threads allready these people could use? Or even the posted in error...dont read thread! The avatar isn't even right - that arrow isn't even pointing to where I am!

I want to complain that I just had to post a note on a cache, to advise the owner and all potential seekers that the park is a hangout for gay men who expose themselves and proposition strangers, among "other" things. icon_mad.gif

I'm angry that ANYONE has to worry about stuff like that in a city park, not just geocachers.

I feel a bit bad about putting that in the log of this apparently nice cache - but I couldn't see the report on the news and not say anything. I kept picturing some geocaching dad and his children walking through the woods and stumbling across a couple of guys bumping uglies. icon_mad.gif

19 arrests in the past year for that park, with 4 of them coming in the past few days alone. icon_frown.gif

banana.gifToe's Photo Archives

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I would like to complain about the degradation of thread contents. When this thread was first placed, there were lots of good complaints to be found. After just a few weeks, though, people have traded out all the good complaints and now it's just another thread full of avatar tests.

I think my above complaint helps to bring the thread back to where it deserves to be. I'm trying to do my part to keep this thread alive with legitimate gripes. icon_razz.gif Oh, the name of the cache in question is TupperCache (if anyone is interested in looking) - and it is a members only cache.

I would like to complain about my mother-in-laws bag of doots dial-up connection and my siter-in-laws 4 screeming kids. They are currently banging on the house supports but hey, they are kids. I would normally have about my usual 50 posts for the night but this dial-up is holding be back. icon_wink.gif Sorry for all of you dial-up users, I feel your pain.

Why don’t people think about which forum to post a new thread to before starting it on this General Forum. The offenders usually have topics that clearly belong on Getting Started; Geocaching.com Discussion; GSP Units and Software; or The Hunt/The Unusual. Is it because of the popularity of the General discussion? Or is it because some posters have just forgotton that other forums exist?

geol4.JPG

quote:

I want to complain that at this moment, ApK is 1/2 evil. He has 333 at the bottom of his latest post, which is obviously half of 666 - the sign of the _DEVIL_! icon_mad.gif

I've resisted posting for a few days because I've enjoyed being 333 -- half-evil and odd.

Oh well, all half-evil things must come to an end.

RT, I notice you're fast aproaching a certain trinary milestone, yourself...better make post number 666 a good one....

ApK

quote:

I want to complain that at this moment, ApK is 1/2 evil. He has 333 at the bottom of his latest post, which is obviously half of 666 - the sign of the _DEVIL_! icon_mad.gif

I've resisted posting for a few days because I've enjoyed being 333 -- half-evil and odd.

Oh well, all half-evil things must come to an end.

RT, I notice you're fast aproaching a certain trinary milestone, yourself...better make post number 666 a good one....

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

ApK

heh, 666 was nice but short lived icon_smile.gif