Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I wish to complain about certain posters who seem to suffer from "thread envy." Nyah, nyah... mine's longer than yours! And so's my thread.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

What would life be like if there were no hypothetical questions?

ummmm this is not my thread. icon_razz.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Confused New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

You post here just a bit. Maybe you could e-mail to Jeremy and ask about adopting this thread?

Your response reminds me of my ex-wife. I would keep coming home from work and seeing the same strange guy sitting in my living room. "Nothing's going on here, honest" she would say.

Not that I would ever complain about my ex....

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

quote:

You post here just a bit. Maybe you could e-mail to Jeremy and ask about adopting this thread?

Your response reminds me of my ex-wife. I would keep coming home from work and seeing the same strange guy sitting in my living room. "Nothing's going on here, honest" she would say.

Not that I would ever complain about my ex....

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

My bad... I've been out hunting caches instead of reading posts for once in my life. icon_biggrin.gif

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

yeah, I read that, Glad to hear you got out there, and 4 to boot. I know it would have been more if it wasn't for the placements of the others. Makes me mad. Oh well I guess I could have turned around also but figured since I was there.

______________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Originally posted by katmom:

It is a sticker, about 2" by 4", pink black and white with a clown face and says "Can't sleep...clowns will eat me".

So Rubbertoe, if it isn't too scary for you, email me and I'll 37cent stamp it and it will be winging its way to you in the morning. Otherwise it goes to little brother this weekend. I forgot he was coming to Seattle so I could take him sea creature caching!!

icon_eek.gif Thanks for the offer, but I'm guessing you probably already gave it to your little brother, since I was slow with the response here... I finally got around to reading through all the replies on this thread. icon_smile.gif

But actually - I don't want to taunt people. If I put a sticker like that on my car, I'm likely to come out from the mall some day and find that someone has put little clown dolls on my hood or something. I'd have nightmares for weeks. icon_wink.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

Just another complaint in 'my' thread icon_razz.gif

I don't like when I need/want to talk to lep in IRC chat and he posts on here but doesn't show up there.

Waiting icon_rolleyes.gif

Two issues...

1.) People who log a cache and complain about how a travel bug wasn't there, and how hard they worked and how far they traveled to get it...TOUGH LUCK!!! Waaa Waa Waaa, move quicker next time!!! And don't announce to the geocommunity that you're a sore loser!

Next,

2.) I placed my first cache roughly a month ago...a themed cache, I happen to love glass...and I put cool stuff in there because I can't stand the McCache junk that you find in the easier caches, and people have been doing good at sticking with the theme so far. The problem is...I think it's nice that people take their kids caching with them, that's great, I take my dog...but should an adult take a cache item and let the kids trade their stuff for it??? I put a handmade glass bracelet in the cache, and it was traded for a golf pencil and a plastic toy...I hate to be snotty, oh FOR SHAME on me for being snotty! But come on! It's more than a question of quantity vs. quality, or "it's the thought that counts"...but I started that cache with cool, interesting, nice stuff...and it's being taken and replaced with lesser things not related to the theme. And also some things were missing and not traded for OR logged at all! Like geostalkers just wait for you to list what's in your cache and they just go harvest what they want...no one will ever really know who did it...it's like stealing knowing you will NEVER be caught.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm sure this is old news to a lot of you who have been caching longer...but it's just annoying...and this is the complaint department...

And BTW I gave up my $30 for geocaching today, I don't need a cookie or a pat on the head for it...(although, oatmeal raison is my favorite) it's just after visiting my cache today and how funky it made me feel...I realized how *serious* I am about geocaching and I decided it was time to pay my dues.

Ok, I'm done complaining...thank you. icon_razz.gif

Tellulah

quote:
Originally posted by Tellulah:

People who log a cache and complain about how a travel bug wasn't there, and how hard they worked and how far they traveled to get it...TOUGH LUCK!!! Waaa Waa Waaa, move quicker next time!!! And don't announce to the geocommunity that you're a sore loser!

On the other hand, I've seen travel bugs that have been noted by several cache finders to be missing from the cache...and neither the cache owner or the TB owner do anything about removing the false link from the cache. Yes, people could read the logs before going out to seek a cache (at the risk of reading spoilers, of course), and sometimes it's the breaks that a travel bug will be taken between the time you last viewed the page and the time you open the cache...but it's one of my pet peeves when cache/bug owners ignore the constructive feedback that people take the time to give.

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

Tellulah,

I agree with number 2 but from my experiences thats just the way it is and it sucks. For example I left a Brand New USB Network Adapter which would be about $40.00 in stores if you were to go and buy one. Thinking I'm doing my part in trading up. Well I wen't back to that cache since I was at one right next to it and read the log and someone took that USB NIC and left two mint candies. VERY WEAK if you ask me. First of all your not supposed to be putting candy in the caches and second what the heck were they thinking. Two Mints for a $40.00 Network card. I have learned my lesson.

I'm still bitter about that one.

Yes, I would agree that this ship needs to be run by a tighter crew...Oh, well maybe that didn't come out the way I meant! icon_biggrin.gif I mean, we need to run a tighter ship, I suppose. The first cache I went after had a travel bug in it, it was gone when I got there, and has never been logged out or in of that cache...now the owner has been writing in for a local to go read the logs to see who took it in case he has to make it MIA. It's a matter of respect, dual respect.

The complainer I'm complaining about wrote a small novella log whining about how they didn't get the TB and how who ever has it should have been responsible and logged it, when she just missed it! The person who took it logged it 48 hrs later...and since there was such turmoil about it, the owner of the cache archived it. It was a wandering cache, like a travel bug, that you place in another cache...I got it and was so excited to move it and they archived it because of a whiner. So that's my real complaint, with details!

Tellulah

Yes, I would agree that this ship needs to be run by a tighter crew...Oh, well maybe that didn't come out the way I meant! icon_biggrin.gif I mean, we need to run a tighter ship, I suppose. The first cache I went after had a travel bug in it, it was gone when I got there, and has never been logged out or in of that cache...now the owner has been writing in for a local to go read the logs to see who took it in case he has to make it MIA. It's a matter of respect, dual respect.

The complainer I'm complaining about wrote a small novella log whining about how they didn't get the TB and how who ever has it should have been responsible and logged it, when she just missed it! The person who took it logged it 48 hrs later...and since there was such turmoil about it, the owner of the cache archived it. It was a wandering cache, like a travel bug, that you place in another cache...I got it and was so excited to move it and they archived it because of a whiner. So that's my real complaint, with details!

Tellulah

UMC,

That's just plain rude. See that's what I'm talking about...people just take for themselves and don't think of the time/thought/cashola it took to get the item that they just STOLE in there! I didn't necessarily spend a lot of money, but I took days and days to make my first cache look cool, function cool...it has/had good thematic stuff in it...and I found the perfect, secluded spot, and it was so important to me...and then someone just skips down the trail and squeezes the juice out of the cache and leaves the rind!

(Here's some more complaining) The handmade bracelet I put in there was one of my own which I could have sold for about $30, and now in trade there's a golf pencil and a plastic alien?

What is wrong with people? I've never wished one of my bracelets to fall apart at the seams, but I do now! icon_wink.gif

BTW, this could belong in the "lamest cache items" thread...but I found a...unused of course, barf bag, from an airplane...and it didn't even have the airline logo on it! I wrote in the log that I took something or other and left my lunch in the "air sickness" bag... icon_rolleyes.gif

Tellulah

quote:
Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

On the other hand, I've seen travel bugs that have been noted by several cache finders to be missing from the cache...and neither the cache owner or the TB owner do anything about removing the false link from the cache.

Ya know, there's nothing the cache owner can do about it. We keep asking, but there's still no way for a cache owner to say "it's not really here." Yes, that's a complaint.

warm.gif

quote:

On the other hand, I've seen travel bugs that have been noted by several cache finders to be missing from the cache...and neither the cache owner or the TB owner do anything about removing the false link from the cache.

Ya know, there's nothing the cache owner can do about it. We keep asking, but there's still no way for a cache owner to say "it's not really here." Yes, that's a complaint.

warm.gif

I don't mean making work easier, but I went to the bank and they have some nice bushes outside and the sidewalk turns a corner around the bushes and people are so rackinest frackinest lazy they can't walk the extra three feet around the corner, but have to make a two foot social path through the garden. No wonder the population is getting heavier. icon_frown.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

quote: You'll get over it. Once you are consumed by the R.A.S.H. it will only get worse. Within a few more days you will have the closest 100 caches programed into your GPSr. You will be a frequent visitor to the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, McD's and anywhere else you might find cheap stuffing for the rubbermaid containers you are now purchasing in bulk. You will start carrying a large 3-ring binder with cache page print outs for about a third of your state.

Your gear will grow to include a second GPSr, a compass, new more powerful flashlights, Blaze vests for caching in hunting season, FRS radios, a PDA, a new cachemobile with 4WD. The list goes on.

Trudy, It's happening!

My car is filled with plastic bags of stuff for geocaching, I realy do have the three ring binder, The Bryno has the Topo maps in his GPS and I have the street maps, we're dueling GPSrs. Luck had it that I bought the 4WD in March and took this up in April or I'd be selling the darn thing. I've even contacted another Geocacher to go with because my friends and family just don't understand. My second shift relief is here now, must go caching now....

Cache you later,

Planet

[This message was edited by Planet on October 08, 2002 at 03:28 PM.]

Agh its all true. I started out with the 315 and cables, then in a few years I decided I need a mapping unit (got merigold), then I needed the SD cards, mapsend topo and S&D. Then I got a laptop for GPS map progaraming (okay more for school, but alot for GPS use), then you need to get maps to do routing and topo and such. After that you start thinking how much a pain in the butt the laptop isand get a PDA (that were I am at now, this is also for school/gps use). that means I need to buy maps and cables for that.

When will this vecious cycle end?

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

quote: You'll get over it. Once you are consumed by the R.A.S.H. it will only get worse. Within a few more days you will have the closest 100 caches programed into your GPSr. You will be a frequent visitor to the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, McD's and anywhere else you might find cheap stuffing for the rubbermaid containers you are now purchasing in bulk. You will start carrying a large 3-ring binder with cache page print outs for about a third of your state.

Your gear will grow to include a second GPSr, a compass, new more powerful flashlights, Blaze vests for caching in hunting season, FRS radios, a PDA, a new cachemobile with 4WD. The list goes on.

Trudy, It's happening!

My car is filled with plastic bags of stuff for geocaching, I realy do have the three ring binder, The Bryno has the Topo maps in his GPS and I have the street maps, we're dueling GPSrs. Luck had it that I bought the 4WD in March and took this up in April or I'd be selling the darn thing. I've even contacted another Geocacher to go with because my friends and family just don't understand. My second shift relief is here now, must go caching now....

Cache you later,

Planet

[This message was edited by Planet on October 08, 2002 at 03:28 PM.]

Agh its all true. I started out with the 315 and cables, then in a few years I decided I need a mapping unit (got merigold), then I needed the SD cards, mapsend topo and S&D. Then I got a laptop for GPS map progaraming (okay more for school, but alot for GPS use), then you need to get maps to do routing and topo and such. After that you start thinking how much a pain in the butt the laptop isand get a PDA (that were I am at now, this is also for school/gps use). that means I need to buy maps and cables for that.

When will this vecious cycle end?

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:Ya know, there's nothing the cache owner can do about it. We keep asking, but there's still no way for a cache owner to say "it's not really here." Yes, that's a complaint.

Ah, that's a good point. And I second your complaint...cache owners ought to be able to break false travel bug links from their caches.

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I'm irritated when a guy asks a simple question and thirty people look at it but NOBODY replies!

Simple? icon_eek.gif The thing reads like an algebra word problem! lesse 1 2000 @ $149 - %75...or is that * .25...ah ferget it.

It just bugs me when you come home after entertaining a friend and her friend who came all the way from Oregon, and you come home to find noone has complained in two days since Rubbertoe and you're still on page 7 and the Complaint Dept. has dropped down in the list of priorities in the forums. I've been waiting for page 8 for days!

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by ikayak:

page 8 page 8 page 8

Time Flies like an arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana

13 more posts to go.

I would like to complain that GEOCACHING has now caused me a lot of work.

Due to my friend and FELLOW geocacher Dru Morgan (TheHeavenlyHost) I recently had my book (that I wrote 17 years ago) picked up by a publisher to be published in the next few months.

I was able to go geocaching, and hide geocaches, and just play and play -- but, NO, NOT NOW! My publishers want me to spend lots of time marketing this book, so I have officially retired from "hiding and maintaining" geocaches.

I will still hunt some, now and then, and stay on this discussion board, occasionally, BUT, because of this WONDERFUL GEOCACHER (named Dru) I am now a published author, and rather than be able to play all the time, I got to start doing "real work" (thanks a lot, Dru!)

Well, all kidding aside, it has been great fun (here on the boards and in the field) and I appreciate all my new geocaching friends (except Criminal and Chob, who can both bite a rock icon_wink.gif )

Thanks to all of you for the great times, and I hope to talk with ya as I can, when I'm not too busy (thanks again Dru!)

--majicman

My new book: (http://www.thetruthbook.us )

quote:
Originally posted by thetaylors:

I refuse to be part of such nonsense. posting things just to get another page. Really!

Yes, its called spam and has no place in this thread. I can't stand when people spam these boards just for numbers. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

10 more icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

I wanna complain because it looks like it is going to rain all dadgum weekend and I won't be able to go to http://forgottenoh.com/moonville.html

I want to complain when cool things like the International Fly a Kite Day doesn't get any pub and we find it only because we drove by on the way to my mother-in-law's house.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

My wife tells me to go fly a kite all the time but uses different words that are not nearly as nice.

quote:

YOu know, I would have but I was like 1600 miles away icon_wink.gif

Time Flies like an arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana

The thing is, they had big multistory kites and parafoils that were lifting bodies for several smaller kites. This was a major display and our crappy journalists couldn't get off their lard_sses to go do a report on it. Nor could they have bothered to publicize it at all. Would have missed it had we not had the errand to run.

quote:

YOu know, I would have but I was like 1600 miles away icon_wink.gif

A lame excuse.

icon_wink.gif

Acceptable excuses:

1. I was watching the Raiders

2. I was watching the Angels get their first trip to the WS.

3. I was Geocaching.

Cross-Posting on all of the forums about a 3 stooges joy buzzer is a bit annoying and should be complained about.

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:

Cross-Posting on all of the forums about a 3 stooges joy buzzer is a bit annoying and should be complained about.

As a matter of fact I think it is more annoying than someone who quotes himself or posts more than 300 posts in a week or two. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif