Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

That's uncalled for. I'm going to have nightmares now.

I agree. icon_smile.gif

But actually... I know that is the clown from "IT" - but I've never been able to actually sit down and watch that movie. It is just as bad when I went to Moonville, an area supposedly haunted with ghosts... and the thing that I thought was the creepiest was the clown that was spraypainted on the tunnel walls. icon_eek.gif

My Moonville Photo Album

(hopefully they dont change the URLs to prevent outside linking like this)

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

I come by my clown phobia naturally though. Here's the story...

When I was a tiny little boy, my parents took my to a local parade for some holiday that I can't remember. I sat along the road, gathering up the candy that was being tossed from the floats, etc - your typical holiday parade.

And then came the clown.

The clown came up to me with a big smile on its face. I was a bit unsure, but my mom comforted me - telling me not to be afraid. The clown also appeared to be friendly, as it offered me a flower with a long stem.

I smiled and took the flower from the clown... at least, I THOUGHT I had taken the flower. It turns out, the stem of the flower was actually stuck down inside of a drinking straw. And when I thought it was handing me the actual flower, I had actually only grasped the straw.

At this point, the clown yanks the flower away, leaving me holding an empty straw - while the clown, and everyone around me, started laughing. icon_frown.gif The clown never apologized or seemed sorry for his "funny" trick - he just took the flower, stuck it into another straw, and headed on down the road looking for his next impressionable young victim... leaving little me there, with a dumbfounded look on my face - holding an empty straw. icon_frown.gif *cry*

I hate clowns. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

[This message was edited by Rubbertoe on September 25, 2002 at 08:18 PM.]

You'd have to live in a house like this to think up stuff like that. I considered making it as a virtual, but decided it was too lame for my liking. But if anyone ever comes to Maine and wants the coords, just say so.

sking.jpg

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Rubbertoe:

Quote from IT...

"Afterall, what child doesn't love a clown?"

Well, you and me, both, apparently!!

Brdad:

I went through Bangor, but I couldn't find the house. I think it would make a great virtual.

And to keep with the post:

I hate regrets.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You're no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let's go."

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

You'd have to live in a house like this to think up stuff like that. I considered making it as a virtual, but decided it was too lame for my liking. But if anyone ever comes to Maine and wants the coords, just say so.

http://www.bytethebullet.com/images/sking.jpg

Knowing his active involvement in the community, I wrote Mr. King a couple of months ago requesting his permission to use this site as a virtual. Certainly anyone who works at the Tourist Information Centres in Bangor has always been free with this information when asked.

In any event, haven't heard back, so for now am assuming he'd rather not increase the traffic by his house.

quote:
Originally posted by Pubo:

Have I got a movie for you

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120467

Tagline: Everybody loves a clown... some more than others.

Plot Outline: A young man finds fame as a transvestite clown named Vulgar...

icon_eek.gif *shudder* Almost sounds weird enough that I might like to see it... certainly doesn't sound like a "Killer Klownz from Outer Space" type clown movie. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

http://www.vulgarthemovie.com/main.html

quote:

Looks a lot smaller from the front view, doesn't it? The addition with the swimming pool is as big as my entire house.

quote:
I also don't like that they say that people who TNLN are causing the decline of a cache. People who TNLN are effectively invisible visitors to a cache - they don't change the items contained in the cache, so they can't be contributing to the degradation of the quality of the cache for the next folks who find it. icon_mad.gif

Playing Devil's advocate again, since you know I disagree with CF in that other thread, I'll offer the reasoning "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Discuss.

icon_razz.gif

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by Rigour:

Blah Blah.

icon_smile.gif I hate quoting 10 lines of text! icon_smile.gif

Yes, SK has done a lot for the community. We now have an incredible library, as well as the children's museum, sports, parks, and many other things, all with his help.

The Kings used to open their gates on Halloween and give out goodies to all the kids, but they had to stop, I am assuming because the there was always a line waiting on the sidewalk waiting their turn.

It'll be interesting to see if you do get a response. I have no doubt he gets tons of messages.

PS: Just be cause I thought it'd be lame for me to make a virtual out of, don't mean the same for others. I just go by here several times a week...

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Looks a lot smaller from the front view, doesn't it? The addition with the swimming pool is as big as my entire house.

Yes, the entire house is huge. I always liked this angle though, it looked kind of spooky.

Incedently, the entire street is a big part of Maine history. Many of the houses were mansions owned by wealthy lumber dealers in the 1800's. I remember hearing SK's was the 1st or 2nd on the street.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

[This message was edited by brdad on September 26, 2002 at 01:22 PM.]

[This message was edited by brdad on September 26, 2002 at 01:23 PM.]

With Mozilla, those eyes blink twice and stop, leaving me with a picture of a toe with two black gapping holes. It looks like an evil clown and it's really creepy.

What's more is I posted a topic last night about them and I can't find any mention of it today.

wcgreen

--

Wendy Chatley Green

wcgreen@eudoramail.com

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

Finding a real rip-snorter in here lately is kinda like a blind man in a dark room looking for his black cat that isn't there!

I keep trying to be funny, but I'm not majic, man.

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

I would like to complain about the extreme lack of humour in the last few months of postings.

All's I can say is that I tried to carry on in the proper spirit during the absence of others. From this effort, one ineluctable fact can be deduced:

THERE ARE NO FUNNY LAWYERS, ONLY COMEDIANS WHO MADE CAREER MISTAKES.

Leprechaun, Esq. extends a hearty "Welcome Back" to absent friends.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

Check it out... _"Meets Coast Guard requirement of 120 decibels."_

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,MW-AZ3333.html?AID=5784728&PID=533530

What you want to do is mount one of these on your hiking pole/stick. Then the next time one of those arrogant bikers blasts by without a warning, nearly taking you out, then nicely alert them to your presence with a 2 sec blast.

It is truly amazing just how much, spontaneous volume, those spandex biking shorts can hold. icon_eek.gif

P.S. This item was invented by a fellow Canadian. The last time I was talking with him he related a funny story about one time he was out on his bike and a trucker pulled out in front of him cutting him off icon_mad.gif, he hit the button on his little invention. The trucker slammed on his brakes and just about gave himself whiplash looking around for the "OTHER" trucker he thought he had just pulled out in front of.

It is truly a great product.

GPSr's...A step in the right direction!

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

Check it out... _"Meets Coast Guard requirement of 120 decibels."_

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,MW-AZ3333.html?AID=5784728&PID=533530

What you want to do is mount one of these on your hiking pole/stick. Then the next time one of those arrogant bikers blasts by without a warning, nearly taking you out, then nicely alert them to your presence with a 2 sec blast.

It is truly amazing just how much, spontaneous volume, those spandex biking shorts can hold. icon_eek.gif

P.S. This item was invented by a fellow Canadian. The last time I was talking with him he related a funny story about one time he was out on his bike and a trucker pulled out in front of him cutting him off icon_mad.gif, he hit the button on his little invention. The trucker slammed on his brakes and just about gave himself whiplash looking around for the "OTHER" trucker he thought he had just pulled out in front of.

It is truly a great product.

I hate when you get loads of "You have been preapproved for Our Credit Card" snail mails. If I want their ******* card I'll contact them. Talk about ruining the forests. I am sure that one of these card companies causes more impact than all the off path geocachers combined.

BUT I have the payback. Take their 'postage will be paid by business' envelope from within their mailbox boxel movement and stuff all of the non-identifying material back into it, while your at it go to the recycle bin in the postoffice and grab all the heavy paper you can find and not only make it the heaviest envelope possible but also oversized thereby causing the postage due to skyrocket. Hey why not go through the bin and take all of the bulk mail and return it to the sender in the same condition. If the weather won't allow for you to go outside and "cache in/trash out" then go to the postoffice and return all the trash back to the bulk mailers.

If you do it just right a roll of transparent tape from the dollar store (get this while purchasing cache trinkets) and some patience, you can get those envelopes to be darn near round & weighing about 3 lbs. Great for the family members who don't enjoy the wilds of geocaching.

Maybe I'll make this a locationless or virtual cache???

quote:
Originally posted by MedicP1:

BUT I have the payback. Take their 'postage will be paid by business' envelope from within their mailbox boxel movement and stuff all of the non-identifying material back into it, while your at it go to the recycle bin in the postoffice and grab all the heavy paper you can find and not only make it the heaviest envelope possible but also oversized thereby causing the postage due to skyrocket.

Just tape the envelope to a box of bricks.

quote:
Originally posted by FullOn:

I hate when people use English spellings for words when they're not from England. icon_razz.gif

I hate it when a country steals your language, spells half the words wrong and uses the other half to mean the wrong thing (pants, really!), then has the cheek to become some a major political and cultural force that their mangled version of the language is adopted as the international standard.

And I hate living in a country which, when you have to select it from a list, might be listed under Britain, Great Britain, England, United Kingdom, or even just Europe.

And doors that look like they're going to be automatic but turn out not to be.

And rhetorical questions that are supposed to be witty but actually there's a perfectly simple answer and they just go to show the ignorance of the person asking the question, like 'Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the tube?'

Companies that advertise products as 'fun' which obviously aren't.

Fun size chocolate bars - clearly they're less fun than normal size chocolate bars.

Noel Edmonds.

quote:

Oh, go sue yourself! icon_biggrin.gif

That gives me a great idea.

Dear Ex:

I am very sorry that I can no longer pay you alimony. I was named as a defendant in a lawsuit and, because I had incompetent legal counsel, a multimillion dollar judgment was entered against me. All my assets have been seized to pay off the plaintiff in this case. So, I hate to tell you this, but you may actually have to get a JOB now.

Signed,

LepreLawyer

PS check out my new entry on Geocaching.com, "My ex cheated on me here." It's a multicache.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

quote:
Originally posted by Team Tecmage (R&T):

Why are there only 24 hours in the day? If we had, say 28, we could find some time to Geocache.

BTW, why only seven days? If we had eight, we could have three days in a weekend and get some Geocaching done.

BTW, why only 365 days....

If we had eight days, us employers would have SIX work days so our eemployees could get some work done. icon_smile.gif

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

"My ex cheated on me here." It's a multicache.

I hate it when I feel dumb, this is one of those times! I looked all through Lep's caches for that one, then searched all the caches! Not until I read the repost by leatherman did I get the joke! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

quote:

I hate it when I feel dumb,

Feel dumb??? Have you had a look at your avatar lately? icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif Looks like you got dressed in the dark this morning. icon_wink.gif

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

quote:

I hate it when I feel dumb,

Feel dumb??? Have you had a look at your avatar lately? icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif Looks like you got dressed in the dark this morning. icon_wink.gif

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

I'd like to complain about indians that can't walk straight and civil engineers that think indian trails would make good roads.

Looking at maps of mid western states you can see that the vast majority of roads are laid out in logical grid squares. Here in Pa and all of New England most roads follow old indian trails and they seem to have lacked the ability to walk 10 feet in a straight line.

I have nothing against indians but I wish one of htem had a compass.

Eeyore

It took a GPS to get me away from technology.

quote:
Originally posted by Eeyore/Shadow:

Looking at maps of mid western states you can see that the vast majority of roads are laid out in logical grid squares. Here in Pa and all of New England most roads follow old indian trails and they seem to have lacked the ability to walk 10 feet in a straight line.

The crooked streets in New England are not because of the Indians, it's because the colonists just used to walk on the cow trails icon_cool.gif

quote:

I hate it when I feel dumb, this is one of those times! I looked all through Lep's caches for that one, then searched all the caches! Not until I read the repost by leatherman did I get the joke! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

From now on, and just for you, I'll try to remember to include little diagrams in my postings to explain... "<--- that was SARCASTIC" or "WARNING - PUN AHEAD ---->." And when I do get around to setting out that 8-step multicache, I'll be sure to include a special first finder's prize for you at the end. Oh wait... I forgot... you already have an ex. Well, maybe a big bag o' doots then.

So how long DID it take you to search through the descriptions of all two of the caches I've placed?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-