Complaint Dept!!

Seeker BP

There is this kid who drops his friend off after school each weekday - anyway, he pulls up out front, drops his friend off, and then peels out as he drives away... this happened 4 days in a row last week.

Pull up.

Drop off kid.

Peel out.

And the thing that cracked me up, each and every time the guy peeled out as he left - his moron friend stood there watching, pumping his fist in the air, while going "whoooooooooooo!" in excitement.

4 days in a row, mind you. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

When I used to live in a bad part of town(if COPS was on TV I'd turn it off and look out the window - it was a better show), I noticed most people who drove up to their freind's houses were universally too lazy to get out of their cars and ring the doorbell. They would come to a screeching stop outside a house and beep their horns incessantly for a full minute. This often meant that everyone on the street would have to walk to their front door or window to see if the moron in the car was there for you. Everyone did this - all the time(of course I quickly became too lazy to walk to the front window and check. It was a battle of the lazies). In Vanier the car-horn doubled as a doorbell

Where's a RPG when you need one.

And how about renting DVDs and videogames... who are these people that can't understand the concept of holding a disc by the edges instead of glomming it all up with scratches, fingerprints, and boogers?

Seriously - I've gotten PS2 games that actually had CHUNKS of stuff on the read surface. *shudder* You'd think Blockbuster would check for snot and crud at least, even if they don't clean em when they're returned. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

Quote from Mnt Mud Bug..."Yes I DO want to climb this mountain. Yes, I DO want to get scratches all over. Yes, I KNOW its hot. Yes, I KNOW you're sweating. No, the mosquitos aren't biting ME. Yes, I KNOW you're hungry. Yes, I KNOW where we're going. No, we're NOT lost. Yes, I DID look at the map. No, there ISN'T a spider in your hair. Yes, I KNOW we're not even halfway back yet. No, this ISN'T the last cache we're ever searching for."

What I want to know is...WHAT ARE YOU DOING GEOCACHING WITH MY WIFE? Why, you dirty rotten no good for nothin *@##!..I should haul off and......on second thought, never mind.

Quote from Mnt Mud Bug..."Yes I DO want to climb this mountain. Yes, I DO want to get scratches all over. Yes, I KNOW its hot. Yes, I KNOW you're sweating. No, the mosquitos aren't biting ME. Yes, I KNOW you're hungry. Yes, I KNOW where we're going. No, we're NOT lost. Yes, I DID look at the map. No, there ISN'T a spider in your hair. Yes, I KNOW we're not even halfway back yet. No, this ISN'T the last cache we're ever searching for."

What I want to know is...WHAT ARE YOU DOING GEOCACHING WITH MY WIFE? Why, you dirty rotten no good for nothin *@##!..I should haul off and......on second thought, never mind.

I hate car alarms. Noone pays attention to them any more because 99.9999999% of the time, they are going off for no *!@#!#% reason. Even the people whose alarms are going off don't pay attention to them. This bugs me to no end. I have actually considered throwing a brick at a car whose alarm keeps going off, just to make the alarms existence seem justified.

Here is a suggestion. If your car alarm goes off every time a mouse farts, fix the !@#$ thing! If your worried that something might get stolen out of your car, don't leave it in your car. Thieves won't break into a car without looking through the window first, and if there isn't anything in there worth stealing, they won't bother. If your worried that your car will get stolen, get Lowjack.

This is already in another thread, but I'm complaining again since I can't understand how someone would think this way... icon_smile.gif

I don't like when people say that people that TNLN aren't real geocachers. I also don't like that they say that people who TNLN are causing the decline of a cache. People who TNLN are effectively invisible visitors to a cache - they don't change the items contained in the cache, so they can't be contributing to the degradation of the quality of the cache for the next folks who find it. icon_mad.gif

*taking deep breath*

I usually only rant when I can't understand how people can think a certain way. This is one of those times. icon_biggrin.gif

toe.gif

People who complain about environmental damage caused by off trail geocaching. The litter and garbage that I spotted on my last couple of cache hunts were ten times worse than any footprints or squished weeds left by me. I saw: three grocery carts in a pond, a pile of bras!?, a tire, a sock, as well as the "normal" stuff (cups, cans, and bags) Now I can "trash out" some stuff but I'm not gonna haul a muddy grocery cart out of a stagnant pond. And this brings me to my second gripe. People who hide caches in these locations! One of the caches I found was (no kidding) hid in a pile of rubble. Honest to goodness rubble. We're talking broken bricks, busted concrete chunks and dirt clods. There was broken glass in the area and lots of debris. What's the big idea? Was that place picked on purpose? There was absolutely nothing aesthetically pleasing about the location. Just a box hidden in a pile of crap surrounded by filth and decay. Now for my final gripe. Difficulty ratings that don't match the actual difficulty. How can a cache that is effectively buried be called a "1" in the difficulty? I used Clayjar's rating tool to rate the cache in question and it rated it a "3". I know it's just a matter of opinion but I think the majority of geocachers would agree that a "1" should be partially visible to an observant cacher when at "ground zero". WHEW! End rant. Thanks for listenin'

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

Here comes complaint #6...

Okay. So I couldn't spell "definitely" before.

But why can't people spell a simple word like poll when talking about voting polls in the forums?

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Maybe we should have a pole poll?

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

I have to say this.

I think that Fuzzy ROCKS, he hooked me up with the badest @$$ dictionary toolbar for IE. So it didn't work with badest but hey thats not his fault. Fuzzy you are the man.

Oh sorry wrong thread.

ummmmm. Rating GREAT threads as a 1 and not having the B@!!$ to admit it pisses me off.

Not really but you know what I'm saying. icon_confused.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

I liked the clown.

He was such a happy clown.

I had a female clown over for dinner once, but she tasted funny...

But where are the clowns?

Send in the clowns...

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

quote:
Originally posted by DirtRunner:

I hate the fact that I can only buy disposable cameras for my caches in the 24+3 exposure setting. There are maybe 10 regular cachers in my area, I'm gonna have to wait YEARS before the whole roll gets shot!!!

I've allready decided I'm just going to wait until ~10 pics are used, and just replace the cache camera and use the rest up on pics of my own.

Alternatively, a lot of photoshops only charge for pictures that come out, so you can hold the lens up against a dark wall or something and use the film up.