Daylight Savings Time

I usually HATE the first few weeks after "springing forward" to DST. It usually takes that long to get used to the sun beating me up in the morning. One year, I moved from Texas (Central Time) to Michigan (Eastern Time). About three weeks after moving, we switched to DST. I wasn't right for about three months!

I do have to say that DST does make it a lot easier to Geocache after work. So, I guess I'm starting to like this earlier time.

Richard

Absolutely! I started geocaching in November -- it's been five months of cold and darkness. Now I'm looking forward to hitting a lot of the new caches that have cropped up -- before the bugs and vegetation grow too thick...

Nick

BT5

Its even worse in Europe. They do it one week before the states does it. So not only do I have to deal with a time change I also have to deal with the fact that the states hasn't yet. Thankfully, most people I deal with use UTC.

I've been told why we have daylight savings but it sounds very out of date to me. I mean come on if you depend on daylight then why can you just adjust the time you do things.

- Lone Rangers

I was born in AZ and lived there for 35 years. We used to have a lot of confusion because Dad worked for the railroad and they went on daylight savings time so we had "our time" and "Dad's time". I think the reservations are on DSL too. We're looking forward to coming home (Tucson) for a visit next month and finding some caches.

Chris from Team Rex

tiny.jpg

Y'know, when I was a young pup, I didn't think that the change bothered me at all. Now, it seems that by the time I get used to it, its time to change back icon_wink.gif. Actually, it does seem that the older I get, the longer it takes to get used to it. However, the extra time geocaching makes up for it. It's just that since I retired, I don't seem to have any time for GCing. Hmmm? Time to reorder my priorities.

GeoForse

Y'know, when I was a young pup, I didn't think that the change bothered me at all. Now, it seems that by the time I get used to it, its time to change back icon_wink.gif. Actually, it does seem that the older I get, the longer it takes to get used to it. However, the extra time geocaching makes up for it. It's just that since I retired, I don't seem to have any time for GCing. Hmmm? Time to reorder my priorities.

GeoForse